ImageImageImageImageImage

Something's fishy (RE: some offseason acquisitions)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Spartan13
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Something's fishy (RE: some offseason acquisitions) 

Post#41 » by Spartan13 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:13 am

Belinelli was going to walk, so atleast GS got some cash a vet that they could play backup 4.

Mil got the better end of that deal. Positional trade for us, talent trade for them, and the potential is = on both sides with Roko/Weems.

I don't believe 9/11 was rigged. I don't believe the moon landing was fake. I do however believe that previous drafts in the NBA have been rigged. Why do I believe this? Because the NBA had a reason to do it, the NBA refuses to make the lottery process open like other leagues, the NBA's track record with rigging has been tainted due to the mafia ref scandal and there is substantial anecdotal evidence that they have rigged the draft. The Ewing draft video raises questions, the convenience of some of the teams being picked raises questions. And, worst of all, ive had conversations with a former NBA consultant and potential owner, who is well connected in basketball circles essentially tell me that the draft has been rigged, and also guarantee me that there is no way the Cavs don't get Lebron, as they will go bankrupt and the NBA wont let that happen because of the bad press. The simple question is, why do they continue to use their envelope system, instead of ping-pong balls or any other system that shows the teams being picked in the open?
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,631

Post#42 » by Fairview4Life » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:27 am

J Dilla wrote:About the Bellinelli trade, Don Nelson knows something we don't know which is why he let him go for cheap. It could be also because Don Nelson had too many SGs.

You should read the article I posted about Golden State. Something is not right there.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#43 » by Fairview4Life » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:31 am

Spartan13 wrote:Belinelli was going to walk, so atleast GS got some cash a vet that they could play backup 4.

Mil got the better end of that deal. Positional trade for us, talent trade for them, and the potential is = on both sides with Roko/Weems.

I don't believe 9/11 was rigged. I don't believe the moon landing was fake. I do however believe that previous drafts in the NBA have been rigged. Why do I believe this? Because the NBA had a reason to do it, the NBA refuses to make the lottery process open like other leagues, the NBA's track record with rigging has been tainted due to the mafia ref scandal and there is substantial anecdotal evidence that they have rigged the draft. The Ewing draft video raises questions, the convenience of some of the teams being picked raises questions. And, worst of all, ive had conversations with a former NBA consultant and potential owner, who is well connected in basketball circles essentially tell me that the draft has been rigged, and also guarantee me that there is no way the Cavs don't get Lebron, as they will go bankrupt and the NBA wont let that happen because of the bad press. The simple question is, why do they continue to use their envelope system, instead of ping-pong balls or any other system that shows the teams being picked in the open?

The NBA does use ping pong balls (or possibly a computer now) and it's watched by a rep from every team and an accounting firm. You don't think Memphis would have been just a touch upset if the Lebron draft was rigged?

Whoever posted the Houston/Yao rigged thing, that's definitely the first thing I think of when I think of Houston. Chinese people.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Spartan13
Banned User

Post#44 » by Spartan13 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:37 am

And why dont they televise it like the NHL does or used to instead of having it in some back room?
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#45 » by Fairview4Life » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:40 am

Spartan13 wrote:And why dont they televise it like the NHL does or used to instead of having it in some back room?

Clearly because it is rigged and every team goes along with it. Or, more than likely, because it is boring as **** and the current system they have actually gets good ratings.

Christ, the one draft that started this conspiracy stuff was one that WAS televised, the old "frozen envelope" sending Ewing to the Knicks. Televising it would cut down on exactly 0 speculation. The NBA is screwed either way. If the team that won was always the team with the best odds, the results would be way too uniform and people would call shenanigans. When something wacky happens, like the 9th seed getting the #1 pick, people call shenanigans.

But I'm sure the NBA wants Channing Frye going to NY, and Yao in Houston, and Tim Duncan in the huge market of San Antonio.
Spartan13
Banned User

Post#46 » by Spartan13 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:52 am

If anything people would be way more interested in actually seeing the ping-pong balls drop, so that argument doesn't hold weight. The draft is exciting if your a fan, and boring as hell if your not any way you slice it, and fans would want to see the ping-pong balls televised, just like people who play the lottery want to see it televised as well. And that televised envelope draft was a farce. Why would all those teams have an equal chance? Stupid system and definitely brings up questions with the way it was done due to the human element and possible tampering of envelopes.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#47 » by Fairview4Life » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:00 pm

Spartan13 wrote:If anything people would be way more interested in actually seeing the ping-pong balls drop, so that argument doesn't hold weight. The draft is exciting if your a fan, and boring as hell if your not any way you slice it, and fans would want to see the ping-pong balls televised, just like people who play the lottery want to see it televised as well. And that televised envelope draft was a farce. Why would all those teams have an equal chance? Stupid system and definitely brings up questions with the way it was done due to the human element and possible tampering of envelopes.

Really, you think fans would rather watch them figure out who's combination won, as they start with pick #1 and go down to pick #14 or whatever, and then wait through any repeat picks that happen since the worst teams have hundred of possible combinations? As opposed to the current system of announcing the results from 14th pick down to 1st pick? You're nuts. The current broadcast is doing extremely well and certainly builds tension. For example, no one turns away between the 4th pick and the top three, the way they have it currently setup. People watch the entire thing. Everyone would be turning away around pick 6, or even earlier, if your idea went through.

Seriously, I am pretty sure they draw some numbers, figure out which team has that combination, then redraw and redraw and redraw until they get the next team, and then redraw, and redraw, and redraw until they get the next team, from pick #1 down to the last lottery pick. That's your solution? And if people doubt a r from all 30 teams and an accounting firm now, they will still doubt whatever system you put in place.

Edit: Damn, this sounds like a load of fun to watch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_Draft_Lottery
To determine the winner, fourteen ping pong balls numbered 1–14 are placed in a standard lottery machine and four balls are randomly selected from the lot. Just as in most traditional lotteries, the order in which the numbers are drawn is not important. That is, 1-2-3-4 is considered to be the same as 4-3-2-1. So although there is a total of 24 orders in which the balls numbered 1-2-3-4 can be picked, they are all treated as the same outcome. In doing this, the permutation of 4 balls from 14 becomes the combination of 4 balls from 14. That is, the total of 24,024 (14! / 10!, or 14x13x12x11) possible permutations is reduced by a factor of 24, to 1,001 combinations. Of these, 1 outcome is disregarded and 1,000 outcomes are distributed among the 14 non-playoff NBA teams. The combination 11-12-13-14 (in any order that those numbers are drawn) is not assigned and it is ignored if drawn; this has never occurred in practice.

The lottery is conducted with witnesses verifying that all 14 balls are represented once as they are placed in the lottery machine. The balls are placed in the machine for 20 seconds to randomize prior to having the first ball drawn. The remaining three balls are drawn at 10-second intervals. NBA officials determine which team holds the winning combination and that franchise is awarded the #1 overall draft pick. The four balls are returned to the machine and the process is repeated to determine the second and third picks. In the event that a combination belongs to a team that has already won its pick (or if the one unassigned combination comes up), the round is repeated until a unique winner is determined. When the first three teams have been determined, the remaining picks are given out based on regular season record with the worst teams getting the highest picks. This assures each team that it can drop no more than three spots from its projected draft position.
Spartan13
Banned User

Post#48 » by Spartan13 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:27 pm

People wondered what happened during 9/11, so they did a 9/11 commission. Now less people believe it was an inside job, they just believe it was due to government incompetence. There will always be a fringe conspiracy group, but as i laid out, there is a legitimate reason to believe some of the drafts have been rigged, so why not just put it in the open instead of in a back room to convert some conspiracy theorists? As i said, your argument makes no sense. The lottery is not a huge ratings get, and the only reason people are into it is to find out the order of draft. Other leagues have televised it, and you dont have to reverse the order when you use ping-pong balls. You are right that even televising it will not silence all the critics, but it would certainly not add fuel to the fire like the current system does.
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#49 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:32 pm

while the Warriors got poor value for Belli, you guys making it sound like it was the steal of the century are big a bit ridiculous.

Don't forget that Belli got outplayed by - Azuibuike, CJ Watson and Anthony Morrow. They all shot better from the field, got more boards, turned it over less, etc. Plus they drafted Steph Curry. So where the hell was Belli supposed to get minutes?
CenturySam
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#50 » by CenturySam » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:14 pm

9/11 was an inside job, how could you think a bunch of cave dwellers with box cutters could pull that off.
Spartan13
Banned User

Post#51 » by Spartan13 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:21 pm

CenturySam wrote:9/11 was an inside job, how could you think a bunch of cave dwellers with box cutters could pull that off.

Because they had billionaire's backing them.
cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 423

Post#52 » by cdel00 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:24 pm

I always loved this quote

"People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People’s heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true. People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool."
steve_steamer
Junior
And1: 3

Post#53 » by steve_steamer » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:07 pm

everyone has already established that bucks wanted delfino, hes a veteran player..a good shooter and might start for them..

belinelli, in golden state..was not getting consistent minutes or much of an opportunity to prove himself...

g-state is willing to trade players that do not wish to be there and to try to accomodate for them if they can and give them a better oportunity..

italian national team and representatives wanted him to get more opportunity to play... they also wanted bargnani & belinelli to play on same team, ideally toronto... and that way only have to deal with one teams managment in terms of players being able to compete in the summer for their country.. raptors have strong ties to international players and representatives..

with two italians on the roster italy is now broadcasting all their games..

nellie puts more value in anthony morrow, azubuike anyways.. might as well give belinelli an oportunity in toronto and cease the complaining from beli's representatives and himself..
GameBoy
Senior
And1: 4

Post#54 » by GameBoy » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:30 pm

CenturySam wrote:9/11 was an inside job, how could you think a bunch of cave dwellers with box cutters could pull that off.

These guys were not cave dwellers, they were very well educated saudi's that attended flight school in the states. Bin Laden came from a billionaire family, even though sure apparently he's hiding in caves now, that's certainly not where he's from...
trick
Head Coach
And1: 905

Post#55 » by trick » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:13 pm

Dear Lord, what have I created!?
#Raptors are 7-1. In 6 of the past 10 seasons, a team that has started a season 7-1 has gone on to win an NBA championship.

— Sportsnet Ticker (@SportsnetTicker) November 12, 2014
CenturySam
Sophomore

Post#56 » by CenturySam » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:15 pm

GameBoy wrote:

These guys were not cave dwellers, they were very well educated saudi's that attended flight school in the states. Bin Laden came from a billionaire family, even though sure apparently he's hiding in caves now, that's certainly not where he's from...

Bin Laden has been dead for years, if he was alive he would let everyone know because it would be a big victory for him. He died in 2001 from kidney failure. There have been a few videos/audio recordings but they were really bad fakes.

And yes they were cave dwellers, I dont care where they grew up or how educated they were. Their organization operates from caves and forests. Your 'billionaire' Bin Laden couldnt even get his hands on a dialysis machine or if he did had nowhere to plug it into cause as far as I know caves dont get hydro.

If you dont think 9/11 was staged then how do you explain the JOKE of a truth commission? Cheney and Bush refused to be interviewed and when Cheney finally agreed to be interviewed he had to see all the questions before hand and give the OK to which questions could be asked.

Then there is the pentagon issue. How come we have no video of the impact? Why was there a cleanup crew on site within 30 minutes? Where are all the plane pieces? Why was ridiculous evidence found at the WTC sites such as finding one of the hijackers passports at ground zero? Did his passport survive the impact and float down to the ground? How come WTC building 7 collapsed when no plane hit them? Why did the WTC 1 and 2 collapse exactly as if it were a controlled demolition, same way WTC7 fell?

Furthermore, how come NORAD was running 'training programs' having to do with planes being hijacked causing them to mistake the actual hijacking with the training going on literally at the exact same moment. Think about it, any time a plane goes off course in North America there is radio contact made almost immediately to check for problems. These planes changed course and flew in the wrong direction with no radio communication for over 25 minutes or more. It takes less than 6 minutes to scramble a JET almost anywhere in north america, ESPECIALLY near New York City and THE PENTAGON.

If you think it wasnt a conspiracy thats fine, but to say that other people that do are silly is just ridiculous. Just think about how much Bush, Cheney and their family have benefited from the 2 wars that 9/11 caused. They pretty much control all the oil in Iraq now after Saddam nationalized the oil fields in the 80s.

I dunno seems very fishy to me, there was A LOT of money made since then by a lot of people.
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#57 » by Fairview4Life » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:21 pm

CenturySam wrote:I dunno seems very fishy to me, there was A LOT of money made since then by a lot of people.

It's fishy to you because your entire post is full of disinformation and lies. I can't wait for the mods to remove both of our posts so you think they're part of the conspiracy too.
CenturySam
Sophomore

Post#58 » by CenturySam » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:24 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
CenturySam wrote:I dunno seems very fishy to me, there was A LOT of money made since then by a lot of people.

It's fishy to you because your entire post is full of disinformation and lies. I can't wait for the mods to remove both of our posts so you think they're part of the conspiracy too.

What did I say that was a lie? You should let me know so that I dont keep repeating them.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,572

Post#59 » by DreamTeam09 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:26 pm

No1 is telling me that 9'11 isn't an inside job. Those buildings exploded ok. Yes a plane hit them, I can understand the plane exploding, but the whole building imploded actually like it was a stage demolition.

p.s. I think Marco is sick.

In Raptor Ball I Trust
Fairview4Life
RealGM

Post#60 » by Fairview4Life » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:28 pm

Spartan13 wrote:People wondered what happened during 9/11, so they did a 9/11 commission. Now less people believe it was an inside job, they just believe it was due to government incompetence.

Hopefully you understand that part of my point now, after reading these last few posts (until they are hopefully deleted).

Return to Toronto Raptors