ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors will not be ready for start of regular season

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Re: Raptors will not be ready for start of regular season 

Post#41 » by Mustard_Tiger » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:27 pm

nikeone wrote:I'm not liking the feeling of this preseason and team at all right now.... At first they told us we gonna win 50 and be this great new team. They told us we got smart players who will grasp it all quickly yet they all looked confused and slow. Bosh told us he never worked harder and gained 20lbs of muscle yet he looks completely out of shape to me and I doubt he gained 20lbs. They told us we want to be a top 6 defensive team but we look like we couldnt defend a d league team. They told us we have great new three point shooters but oddly enough we cant even hit those. Bosh told us he wants to play defense this year with his stronger body yet he is looking worse than ever on that end of the floor. Jose told us it was all because of the injury and we will see a new great Jose this year yet he looks his same usual horrible self on the defensive end and just as passive on the offensive end. Basically we were told the raptors are going to be a player and a contender this year throughout training camp.

This is a reason not to believe any of the ridiculous hype they spout in the future. This team is still basically the same one as last year, albeit with a better SF.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,631

Post#42 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:00 pm

The bench is significantly better. Which is good since the Raps starters at the end of the season were a top 10 group, and the bench was one of the worst producing benches in the league. With an apparent SF improvement, combined with a significantly improved bench, the ingredients are there for a much more successful season.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#43 » by YogiStewart » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:09 pm

barrist wrote:It's just a coach saying coach-like things. Never being satisfied, it's going to be an evolution, blah blah blah. Not that big a deal guys.

Barrist,
8600 posts and you make a statement like that? hahahaaaa!

"Here at RealGM, no deals are big deals"
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#44 » by YogiStewart » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:33 pm

i had a good laugh about the Read to Achieve/Turk isn't ready thing.

I guess the only back-to-backs Arthur's participated in involved all-you-can-eat buffets.
kirbs
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#45 » by kirbs » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:16 pm

Great. Now we have a built-in excuse to start the season terribly. Just what I wanted to hear.
Korr
Veteran
And1: 1,367

Post#46 » by Korr » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:31 pm

Don't worry here comes the whaaambulance!

Oh wait there's not enough space for all of you.

Return to Toronto Raptors