ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: After a big win, Raps lose a stinker.

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

rapz**7**
Bench Warmer
And1: 281

Re: PG: After a big win, Raps lose a stinker. 

Post#321 » by rapz**7** » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:36 am

Death Knight wrote:I guess Bosh wasted too much energy on the offensive end, which left him nothing on the defensive side of things. Bargnani on the other hand, if he doesn't score, he's useless. Doesn't offer other intangibles to give the team a chance. 10 offensive rebounds for Randolph and Gasol combined. What the f*** were our bigs doing to allow such a massacre? Someone please tell me, because I don't have TSN2 and the streams were all terrible tonight.

Nothing new from Calderon. He's gonna have trouble against all 29 starting and back up PGs on the defensive end. There is no hope for him.

It didn't help when the opposing team's pg kept breaking down the D with ease and our Big's had to come out to help.
Basketball_Jones wrote:
_MidNight_ wrote:I'd like to think our young guys grew a little with this win tonight

Nah they're the same height
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,501
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#322 » by SharoneWright » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:37 am

Calderon had better raise his game.
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#323 » by Mustard_Tiger » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:40 am

Death Knight wrote:I guess Bosh wasted too much energy on the offensive end, which left him nothing on the defensive side of things. Bargnani on the other hand, if he doesn't score, he's useless. Doesn't offer other intangibles to give the team a chance. 10 offensive rebounds for Randolph and Gasol combined. What the f*** were our bigs doing to allow such a massacre? Someone please tell me, because I don't have TSN2 and the streams were all terrible tonight.

Nothing new from Calderon. He's gonna have trouble against all 29 starting and back up PGs on the defensive end. There is no hope for him.

If you watched Bosh and Bargnani play last year, that's what happened.
SharoneWright
RealGM
And1: 12,501
Location: A low-variance future conducive to raising children

Post#324 » by SharoneWright » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:40 am

Anyone else notice the RAPS RGM ROLL CALL count has started to go backwards??
Is anybody here a marine biologist?
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#325 » by Yosemite Dan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:41 am

SharoneWright wrote:Calderon had better raise his game.

Don't worry Triano will come out soon with "the undisclosed (don't want other teams to know) nagging injury to Jose that's holding him back and he's too proud to admit because Jose is a warrior" excuse that buys Jose a few hassle free months. This injury has to be the longest undisclosed in recorded NBA history as it's been going on 3 years now.
AB_21
Analyst
And1: 23

Post#326 » by AB_21 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:49 am

Z-Bo>Lebron
Oakville_Raptor
Head Coach
And1: 3,771

Post#327 » by Oakville_Raptor » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:53 am

Andre Miller for Jose Calderon?
Yosemite Dan
RealGM
And1: 7,893

Post#328 » by Yosemite Dan » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:56 am

Oakville_Raptor wrote:Andre Miller for Jose Calderon?

At this point I would take Barney Miller for Jose.
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#329 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:57 am

Oakville_Raptor wrote:Andre Miller for Jose Calderon?

That would completely change the look of our team and would pretty much show the GM is panicking.

I dunno, maybe if Bosh walks that'd be an interesting idea ..... the problem is he's so old.

But a lineup of Miller / Belli / Deroz / Hedo / Bargs would be fun as **** to watch.

We'd be a better version of the Knicks but would probably get shat on pretty hard overall. Would be fun though!
rashiv05
Sophomore
And1: 32

its alright dudes ... 

Post#330 » by rashiv05 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:00 am

alright, like everyone here tonight, i was pretty disappointed with this loss against memphis. but before we all start hating on the raptors and give up on the season ... let me remind u guys of a few things...

1) though we looked great against the cavss, we haven't gelled yet as a team. there were a couple of times where hedo made good plays but just didn't hit people with the right passes. And oh yeah, Demar should get better as the season progresses.
2) calderon has not come out yet this season offensively. once he starts hitting his shots, he'll be a lot better. same goes for antoine wright's offense, good thing to see his defense is always there though.
3) reggie evans. yup, reggie evans. he could've made a difference tonight.
4) 1-1 is a whole lot better than 0-2.
5) OJ Mayo hit some big contested shots at the end of tonight's ball game. in saying that, no excuse for Z-BO exploding the way he did *ahem* bosh *ahem*.
6) i think its actually GOOD that something like this happened this early in the season, it'll be a good reminder to the guys on the team to not take nights off. this should never ever happen again.

that is all.

let's go get that second win against the magics!
vjkid
Pro Prospect
And1: 290

Post#331 » by vjkid » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:03 am

Tough Loss but rather have these losses that show weakspots now than later in the year. Offense looked very isolated and defense wasn't really there other than for maybe 3 or 4 guys. Hopefully time will help it and the Magic game will be a win
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#332 » by 99 Problems » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:03 am

We should have gotten Foye from Minni, or tried to swap Jose for Rubio..
D3158
Senior
And1: 341

Re: its alright dudes ... 

Post#333 » by D3158 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:09 am

Marc and Zach killed us in the post for the first 3 quarters. Even though CB4 responded by having game best in the game(i think) while Bargs wasn't into the spirit of the game. Where the heck was the D? In the 4th, OJ came huge, so did Marc.

I personally am not disappointed. It's a learning curve for the Raps and (hopefully) they will learn and emphasize on the mistakes they did tonight

ps. Bosh was right. When Bargs scored like he did in Cleveland, we are tough to beat. Tonight he was <15 i think. Well, let's wait and see if it holds true after 10 some games...
bakafool
RealGM
And1: 4,651

Post#334 » by bakafool » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:09 am

Hmm lemme see ...

- Jose not in bball shape yet
- Turk not in bball shape yet
- Bosh not in bball shape yet
- Antoine not in bball shape yet
- New systems
- Jay only first full season as head coach
- Lacking Reggie
- 9 new faces
- Starting 2 is a rookie

Doesn't explain the lack of effort and why our bigs didn't box out.

If this team needs to be reminded that they can't take nights off then they shouldn't even suit up.
Noooo!!! Not Possible! Not Possible! - Comcast commentator after the shot by Mo Peterson.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,928

Post#335 » by Jakay » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:13 am

Lakers lost tonight. Blow them up too.
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#336 » by Lionel Messi » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:13 am

Bosh doesnt deserve any blame, he outplayed whoever was up against him. ZBO got loads of points from offensive reboudns when bosh would help on D and bargs didnt have his back.
And even when ZBo did score on bosh, bosh was scoring even more on the other end on ZBO

37/12/4/2 and people are still complaining...jeeezus
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User

Post#337 » by Mustard_Tiger » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:15 am

http://www.popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/g ... ame=TORMEM

Whenever Rasho was on the floor tonight, this team beat Memphis. Bosh and Bargnani's interior defense just killed us when he left.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,928

Post#338 » by Jakay » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:18 am

Well, Mustard, that also had to do with Z-Bo being on the floor, which he wasn't when Rasho was.

Z-Bo, who just has the dopest perimeter skills in the league. That travel was awesome. So fluid, so decisive, so Z-Bo.

*I looked at the popcorn machine and it seems Triano actually made sure to play Rasho only in absence of Randolph, or to put Bosh or Bargs on the floor to counter Zach, really.
kwamebargnani
General Manager
And1: 2,479

Post#339 » by kwamebargnani » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:22 am

FUKCLKUCEUKFUKUKFUKCUKUFKUCKLUKLFUKLFUKLFUKLUKFLKUFK
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User

Post#340 » by Mustard_Tiger » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:22 am

Jakay wrote:Well, Mustard, that also had to do with Z-Bo being on the floor, which he wasn't when Rasho was.

Z-Bo, who just has the dopest perimeter skills in the league. That travel was awesome. So fluid, so decisive, so Z-Bo.

*I looked at the popcorn machine and it seems Triano actually made sure to play Rasho only in absence of Randolph, or to put Bosh or Bargs on the floor to counter Zach, really.

Yes, Randolph was definitely the difference in this game. And he was Bosh's cover.

Return to Toronto Raptors