ImageImageImageImageImage

Why is Jose's position as a starter guaranteed?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Re: Why is Jose's position as a starter guaranteed? 

Post#41 » by hsb » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:33 am

Korr wrote:
hsb wrote:Calling him to come off the bench after after the second game doesn't make sense. That move would not benefit the team not Calderon in any way. He had one good game and one bad game.

Is complaining that simple now a days?

You've been here for a while you should be used to this by now

Yeah but let the team breathe. So much pouting, like little kids.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,275

Post#42 » by TheDunc » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:33 am

thebossman wrote:Jose for Rondo, get er done BC..

Would be too good to be true. I would jizz in my pants. Hate rondo all you want but hes a better playmaker,defender,rebounder,scorer. Hes also younger.
EliteBaller
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#43 » by EliteBaller » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:39 am

please god trade Jose...and when I say god I mean BC
TheDunc
Head Coach

Post#44 » by TheDunc » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:41 am

I do have confidence in BC though, he sees the same things we see and hes probably just as dissapointed.
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#45 » by Mustard_Tiger » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:44 am

Because Jarrett Jack isn't a PG, for the last freaking time.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#46 » by 5DOM » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:47 am

He played great against Cleveland, and we just played TWO games.
It's not like Jack's been playing better than him either.
TheDunc
Head Coach

Post#47 » by TheDunc » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:49 am

Mustard_Tiger wrote:Because Jarrett Jack isn't a PG, for the last freaking time.

What can jose do that jack cannot? Jack isnt as good a shooter but jose doesnt shoot so it doesnt really matter. Hes a much better defender and could probably average 6-7 assists on this team. I also would put Marco with Jack because Marco can create for others.
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User

Post#48 » by Mustard_Tiger » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:55 am

PopsMensahBonsu wrote:
Mustard_Tiger wrote:Because Jarrett Jack isn't a PG, for the last freaking time.

What can jose do that jack cannot? Jack isnt as good a shooter but jose doesnt shoot so it doesnt really matter. Hes a much better defender and could probably average 6-7 assists on this team. I also would put Marco with Jack because Marco can create for others.

Facilitate the ball. If you want an even more stagnant offense than we have now, make Jack the PG.
nikeone
Banned User

Post#49 » by nikeone » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:57 am

Two things I hate about Jose Calderon. His defense and how he always gives up on everyone but Bosh if the team has a rough couple minute stretch offensively and then he sticks with it through the entire game.

Jose played well in the first game and bad in this one, i'll wait and see but i've never been a huge fan. However I also think it makes no sense to say Jack is worse so its okay for Jose to suck.

OP posted this to talk about Jose Calderon not Jack
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User

Post#50 » by Mustard_Tiger » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:00 am

nikeone wrote:Two things I hate about Jose Calderon. His defense and how he always gives up on everyone but Bosh if the team has a rough couple minute stretch offensively and then he sticks with it through the entire game.

Jose played well in the first game and bad in this one, i'll wait and see but i've never been a huge fan. However I also think it makes no sense to say Jack is worse so its okay for Jose to suck.

OP posted this to talk about Jose Calderon not Jack

I didn't say it was okay for Jose to suck, if you read carefully. I said Jarrett Jack isn't a PG.
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Post#51 » by Live Free » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:04 am

Mustard_Tiger wrote:
PopsMensahBonsu wrote:

Facilitate the ball. If you want an even more stagnant offense than we have now, make Jack the PG.

Running around a screen stopping and dumping the ball down low or swinging around the horn isn't impressive facilitating to me.

At least Jack is aggresive with the ball, he has break down ability which can operate the drive & kick or he can put the opposing bigs in foul trouble. He's also better on the break and his defense is a trillion times better than Jose's

Once Jack gets consistent with his jumper theres going to be a lot of conflict on this board
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#52 » by junot111 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:17 am

there needs to be a role reversal, our floor spacing shooters cant be effective if he's holding the ball. Let Hudo do the playmaking where he's effective, and Jose can be a spot up shooter which is where he's effective. More easy opportunities for everyone else too.
Oops
Junior

Post#53 » by Oops » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:31 am

Jose is our starter by default. We either cant afford a better pg or they are just not attracted to playing here.

You guys need to understand that we are a "by default" team.

Our franchise player was by default (force into the role once we lost VC), our number one pick was by default (no many options in a weak draft), our coach was by default (as we couldnt afford a better one with sam still on the book) and i wouldnt b surprised if our GM became one by default (from his father and now trying to find his way on his own)

we are who we are and lets try to get the best of our people.

welcome to the Toronto Default.
Oops
Junior

Post#54 » by Oops » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:35 am

junot111 wrote:there needs to be a role reversal, our floor spacing shooters cant be effective if he's holding the ball. Let Hudo do the playmaking where he's effective, and Jose can be a spot up shooter which is where he's effective. More easy opportunities for everyone else too.

trust me, you dont want that. hedo, tho very good, is one of the most inconsistent player.

But i am surprise that belli is not given that role as i believe he's a better play maker than hedo, jose and jack. he's aggressive, creative, and unpredictable.

And the funny thing is that in two game so far, we made our best runs with belli on the floor.
Kosta
RealGM
And1: 2

Post#55 » by Kosta » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:36 am

He shouldn't be, if he doesn't start to play like we saw in 06-07, he needs to come off the bench. At least Jack will provide defense. Hedo played great next to a player similar to Jack in Nelson. It's early though, we always played terrible in Memphis anyways. I do think Hedo needs to bring up the ball more, especially in the 4th.
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#56 » by timdunkit » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:50 am

Arguing whether Jose is a starter is stupid ... He deserves to start in this league and has earned it ... Arguing whether he is the right PG for this team ... well thats still up for debate and Jose has to prove it to us ... BTW Conley look good tonight ;)
redred9
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#57 » by redred9 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:52 am

I like Jose, but Triano needs to send him to the bench when he' not being aggressive enough. The frustrating thing is, he is such a good shooter and could make up for Bargs' off nights but he just doesn't. He needs a bit of Chuckfino in him.

Some nights Jose can look awesome, but a lot of nights id probably like to see him and Jack split the minutes more evenly. Hopefully both Jose & Jack start to find their shooting touch soon.
MikeM
General Manager
And1: 9,878

Post#58 » by MikeM » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:02 am

I was watching the game with a friend (a Nuggets fan) and he asked me who a worse defensive starter in the NBA than Jose Calderon. I couldn't think of anyone.
bakafool
RealGM
And1: 4,651

Post#59 » by bakafool » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:06 am

Jose has to start becoming a legitimate threat on offense. Defensively he's a liability and that'll never change, but he's got to bring it offensively.
Noooo!!! Not Possible! Not Possible! - Comcast commentator after the shot by Mo Peterson.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#60 » by J Dilla » Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:12 am

Because we paid him 45 million. He's the starter unless he gives up his starting position for sake of the team (yeah right).

The only thing I'm worried about is playing Jack and Calderon both at once. It seems so redundant. Just because Jack can play SG doesn't mean you carry this plan for 82 games. The only reason it worked in Indiana is because Dunleavy was injured and Rush was not ready.

Triano needs to get it in his head now. Use Bellinelli as SG and Wright as SF with Jack at PG. You're using the assets more effectively.

Return to Toronto Raptors