ImageImageImageImageImage

To Chuck, or not to Chuck...

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

TorontoRapture
Sixth Man
And1: 978

To Chuck, or not to Chuck... 

Post#1 » by TorontoRapture » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:44 pm

...that is the question.

As you're all aware of, tomorrow's game against the Bulls will mean that Chuck Swirsky will once again be in his adopted homeland. He's going to be honoured at the game by the organization, and I'm sure that is going to put him in a great mood to talk all things Raptors during the game. I'm positive it will be nice for a lot of us to hear him call a Raptors game again. If our heads don't explode from the Swirsk's high-energy play calling, because we've all gotten used to Devlin's more low energy Chuck-isms by now.

Here is what I want to know...will you be watching the game on TV, and listening to chuck online while watching? Here is a link to where you can hear him during game time: http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/radio ... listenlive

Or, will you be watching the game, while listening to the game being called on The fan 590?
http://www.fan590.com/listen/

Or, will you be listening to the actual TV broadcast?

Or, will you be switching between any of the the broadcasts?
TorontoRapture
Sixth Man
And1: 978

Re: To Chuck, or not to Chuck... 

Post#2 » by TorontoRapture » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:45 pm

I'll be watching the game on Raptors HDTV, and switching between listening to the TV broadcast and listening to chuck online on my laptop.
da.vid
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#3 » by da.vid » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:51 pm

i dont think any of our players are good enough to chuck efficiently...
Jimmy76
RealGM
And1: 8

Post#4 » by Jimmy76 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:24 pm

da.vid wrote:i dont think any of our players are good enough to chuck efficiently...

way to actually read the post

reading fail
yk24
Sixth Man
And1: 346

Post#5 » by yk24 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:22 am

Jimmy76 wrote:
da.vid wrote:i dont think any of our players are good enough to chuck efficiently...

way to actually read the post

reading fail

I think he might have been joking...
LAUGHING
Pro Prospect
And1: 218

Post#6 » by LAUGHING » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:37 am

i'll chuck it =/
DIEHARD_005
Starter
And1: 902

Post#7 » by DIEHARD_005 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:17 am

I'll be at the game :D
gojoorange
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,081

Post#8 » by gojoorange » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:22 am

I'm really starting to like the way Devlin is calling the games. He has a subtle enthusiasm that's refreshing and he is clever as hell.
0n9jai
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#9 » by 0n9jai » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:56 am

Still can't stand his laugh.
sl64
Bench Warmer

Post#10 » by sl64 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:36 am

Devlin is straight up (Please Use More Appropriate Word). He misspeaks many times a game, screws up basic things like "naming the right player", trails off... This, in addition to his total lack of personality. Chuck is so much better than Devlin that it's not even funny... so you can guess who I'll be listening to.
Here's the thing about Chris Bosh ... If Joey Graham had longer arms, he'd be just as effective at PF." --SuigintouEV
Crazyazn712
Sophomore

Post#11 » by Crazyazn712 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:47 am

I will be watching the game live!!! Didn't know they were going to honor the Swirsk. It would be nice though, they definitely should honor him.

Chuck does have his cliche but overall he is a great "color" commentator... that's one thing people probably overlooked. Chuck does have a solid knowledge in basketball, but to go as in depth and almost just as dread as Leo or Jack (since both have come in contact with basketball in a more personal basis), Chuck simply couldn't do that. Many people complained that Chuck didn't know his stuff, he's just throwing random facts around... that's what the color commentator do! Calling out a game in a different point of view as contrary to the more professional tones! I enjoyed watching Chuck calling every game, he had some mad passion for the Raptors.

On the other hand... Matt D is just terrible, I just can't get use to his voice.
RisingM00N
Sophomore

Post#12 » by RisingM00N » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:45 am

really hope the chicago broadcast will be shown on league pass tmr, miss chuck. However, Chuck never said Let's NBA...twice lol
raptorsam
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#13 » by raptorsam » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:38 am

sl64 wrote:Devlin is straight up (Please Use More Appropriate Word). He misspeaks many times a game, screws up basic things like "naming the right player", trails off... This, in addition to his total lack of personality. Chuck is so much better than Devlin that it's not even funny... so you can guess who I'll be listening to.

PREECH!!!! Devlin is terrible.. I dont know how he has a job. He messes up all the time, has no timing, sounds awkward , doesn't know much about the game... the list goes on and on. Chuck had a passion for raptors ball, he knew the game well, knew the players, had his own style. I will be listening to chuck. Anyone that likes devlin has no soul

Return to Toronto Raptors