ImageImageImageImageImage

DeRozan's hops

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

SpaceJam
Veteran
And1: 93

Re: DeRozan's hops 

Post#41 » by SpaceJam » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:22 pm

That is ridiculous.
_________
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#42 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:22 pm

LLJ wrote:HIs build reminds me of Ray Allen. He can jump higher though.

in size? sure i guess they have the same frame.

but yeah, about that shoot 40%+ from 3 and 90% from the line .....
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#43 » by Hendrix » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:23 pm

When he packs on 15-20lbs, and gets significantly stronger, with some added experience it's going to make all the differnece with this kid imo. You can see he naturally is skilled in certain areas, but just needs a little time to work it out. 3 years from now I think we'll have a very solid player on our hands.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
EliteBaller
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#44 » by EliteBaller » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:29 pm

I think in a few years DD is going to be a top tier defender and one best slashers.
Sikandar
Junior
And1: 1

Post#45 » by Sikandar » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:32 pm

To me it seems DD has added a bit of height on jump, or maybe he just wasn't trying in preseason.. but definitely impressing me with his vertical and rebounding instinct.
andyo
Assistant Coach
And1: 447

Post#46 » by andyo » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:39 pm

We'll have to see how his hops develop over time. Hopefully he can that next step like Dwayne Wade....Dwayne Wade wasn't that athletic in college but once he got in the nba, he became one of the elite athletes.
latino469
Junior

Post#47 » by latino469 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:57 pm

J-Roc wrote:He's got the hops, but he's such a small guy. Hopefully he can build on that frame, because he needs more weight to slash and dunk on defenders.

Dude, you do realise the kid just recently turned 20, his body is still growing.

He still has much more maturing to go.

Look at Bosh , it took him this long to fill out but he still hasn't filled out completely yet.

I have a good feeling this kid will get very strong and fill up very nicely.
ilikecb4
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#48 » by ilikecb4 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:12 pm

andyo wrote:We'll have to see how his hops develop over time. Hopefully he can that next step like Dwayne Wade....Dwayne Wade wasn't that athletic in college but once he got in the nba, he became one of the elite athletes.

he was athletic and skinny

then he added some serious muscle when he got to the NBA
GD13
Pro Prospect
And1: 98

Post#49 » by GD13 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:46 pm

i can do that.. 8-)
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#50 » by Young_Buc » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:53 pm

ilikecb4 wrote:
andyo wrote:We'll have to see how his hops develop over time. Hopefully he can that next step like Dwayne Wade....Dwayne Wade wasn't that athletic in college but once he got in the nba, he became one of the elite athletes.

he was athletic and skinny

then he added some serious muscle when he got to the NBA

I don't know if you remember Dwyane Wade in college but he was VERY memorable at Maquette. I remember thinking he was an amazing college player but not so great in the NBA because he wasn't big or athletic enough to be an NBA. Wade was like a smaller Brandon Roy in college. He was athletic but nothing NEAR the level he is today.
Nostradunkus
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#51 » by Nostradunkus » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:01 pm

Whats more impressive thats hes got no probs going against bigger guys in the lane either on D or Offense, He's listed at 220lbs which probably is why, Thats heavier than Igoudala and Josh Howard which is kind of surprising I wonder where he will be when he fills out. He could probably end up playing PF later in his career. Great another PF.
GWILLY
Sophomore

Post#52 » by GWILLY » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:28 am

What I will say - is I "think" that pic is skewed.. if you look closely they're actually more infront of the rim in three dimensions - then it appears on two dimensions... that being said.. I do believe that Demar will improve significantly.. one only has to remember the curve that McGrady was on when here.. he wasn't considered the best 20 year old in the world (Butch Carter) until he spent more then a full year with the team as a bench warmer. Demar on the other hand is already starting.

No one is Carter. The only one close (very close) to him athletically was Jordan. Youtube Jordan's greatest dunks and you see his in game explosiveness and body control was sort of like Carter's ..or Vice versa... but I think Demar will turn into a very nice NBA player - with a great balance of ability... He's not Carter - but he might be the better teamate, long-term.
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 1,987

Post#53 » by Blazing_royale » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:37 am

i think y'all forgot about that game where he blocked Dwayde's shot on the weak side. that was some nice timing on Derozan and how he got up in such a slow span of time to block it. i haven't seen this type of defensive play from our wings since the Carter days...
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
GWILLY
Sophomore

Post#54 » by GWILLY » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:43 am

if you remember - and im not sure how many would - Butch used to consistently praise Vince for his defence.... "a very good defender" ... it's actaully only now that I've heard Oakley speak - that it's all becoming clear how much Butch got out of both McGrady and Carter.... but I digress...

I think that Demar has a nice potential - but he is not comparable to Vince at all..... Vince was ridiculously, freakishly amazing. Every game I'd fall off the couch laughing at stuff he'd pull off. We may never see another like him in the league.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#55 » by sanity » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:49 am

Probably, but I'm doubtful of Triano's means of making use of him... or better yet, his capabilities of lighting a fire under Demar's ass. When the kid gets embarrassed on offense from either a bad shot, blocked shot, or a turnover, his intensity level rises and brings out another side to him. We've seen it in very rare occasions, but it does give a lot of intrigue to what he could be capable of one day. Its not just raw talent or athleticism, he has that go-getter attitude a lot of players lack, especially from on this team
SkywalkerAC
RealGM
And1: 4,667

Post#56 » by SkywalkerAC » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:10 am

the two biggest things that VC had over DD was length and his two foot takeoff approach.

there are very, very few guys that could explode off two feet like VC. Kenyon Martin is an explosive player but he still didn't have that approach (with the ball) that Carter had. Nique and Des Mason come to mind but neither had the same kind of fluidity.

DD's body control is probably what makes him most comparable to VC, his windmills and 360s are picture perfect despite having much less length than Carter (which is a part of what made VC's dunks so amazing).

There are plenty of better one foot jumpers/dunkers than Vince and Demar might be one of them. I'm happy about that because i really think Vince's aggressiveness/ability off one foot really limited his game. think about how Kobe or Ginobili are able to take that extra step and explode to the rim. I'm hoping for the same from DD.
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#57 » by LiSTWithLani » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:25 pm

What? VC isn't even the most athletic guy in the league, or even close at this stage in his career. I'd give it to Iguodala at this point. That man can fly and is such a freak of nature.
andrew2good4u
Starter
And1: 104

Post#58 » by andrew2good4u » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:41 pm

lstern wrote:What? VC isn't even the most athletic guy in the league, or even close at this stage in his career. I'd give it to Iguodala at this point. That man can fly and is such a freak of nature.

People are talking about a developing -> prime VC
Props to triplemke23
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#59 » by J-Roc » Sun Nov 22, 2009 3:08 pm

latino469 wrote:
J-Roc wrote:He's got the hops, but he's such a small guy. Hopefully he can build on that frame, because he needs more weight to slash and dunk on defenders.

Dude, you do realise the kid just recently turned 20, his body is still growing.

He still has much more maturing to go.

Look at Bosh , it took him this long to fill out but he still hasn't filled out completely yet.

I have a good feeling this kid will get very strong and fill up very nicely.

Not everyone fills out. He could stay his size and be Desmond Mason. So let's hope he can build on his frame.

Return to Toronto Raptors