ImageImageImageImageImage

Other Dysfunctional Underperforming Teams

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

kush-
Veteran
And1: 64

Other Dysfunctional Underperforming Teams 

Post#1 » by kush- » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:54 pm

Philly
Washington
Golden State
Detroit
Chicago [Added, even though I don't really think they are underperforming lol]

Think we can target one of these teams and swing a trade? I think we missed a real opportunity at turning this team around by missing the Stephen Jackson sweepstakes. Stephen Jackson is a proven leader, and a "very good teammate contrary to belief (POB)". This team has no leadership at all. TJ was the leader when he was here, O'Neal was the leader as soon as he got here, and since his departure this team has been soft and defense has only gotten worse.

The purpose of this thread is to collectively brainstorm.. so I hope it doesn't get moved to the Trade forum since the thread is not proposing a trade, but asking for ideas!
sanity on Jeremy Lin:
sanity wrote: Roko Ukic's court vision and play-making abilities far exceeds this player... I'm shocked this thread is going on as long as it has. Comparing Lin to Rautins is an insult to Rautins.
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Re: Other Dysfunctional Underperforming Teams 

Post#2 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:56 pm

meh what are we looking for though? none of those 4 teams can do us a good trade for Bosh

I'm sure Detroit would be willing to dump Rip's contract and he'd make an immediate impact as the starting 2 .... but what would we give up?

I guess that's the 1 bullet BC would still have on this roster - load up with a starting SG.
Jose_Matador
Banned User

Post#3 » by Jose_Matador » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:58 pm

Philly- I would go after Sam Dalembert and Maurice Speights
Washington- Caron Butler and Nick Young
Golden State- Anthony Randolph and Brandon Wright
Detroit- they are not trading any major pieces, they just spent the summer putting them together.
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#4 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:00 pm

^ Philly would be completely **** in the head to trade Speights on his rookie contract (unless it was part of a deal for Bosh, obv)
Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,790

Post#5 » by Michael Jordan » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:03 pm

JOSE FOR WILL BYNUM !!! (contacts are too different though may need some fillers)

Jose+Evans/Johnson for Samuel D! (They have Speights, don't need him.)

Jose for Raja Bell/Correy Maggete!

Jose for Nick Young !
Jose_Matador
Banned User

Post#6 » by Jose_Matador » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:05 pm

Michael Jordan wrote:JOSE FOR WILL BYNUM !!! (contacts are too different though may need some fillers)

Jose+Evans/Johnson for Samuel D! (They have Speights, don't need him.)

Jose for Raja Bell/Correy Maggete!

Jose for Nick Young !
The only two that interest me are Corey Magette and Will Bynum.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#7 » by 5DOM » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:07 pm

How about we go for Elton Brand and fail again?
Jose_Matador
Banned User

Post#8 » by Jose_Matador » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:11 pm

5DOM wrote:How about we go for Elton Brand and fail again?
Elton Brand paired up with Bosh would be great actually, Brand is a great defender a lot of people have forgotten how good he is...except we can't pay Bosh and Brand...that would be 200+ million dollars between two players, franchise suicide.
RUN-TMR
Junior
And1: 0

Post#9 » by RUN-TMR » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:16 pm

i would add MIN to the mix. they have what, two wins? and chicago too -- a team that needs offense badly.

GS trades make sense: randolph, biendrins, ellis could all be gotten.
DET won't give up stuckey unless we give them bosh. bynum ain't worth it.
WAS i don't touch any of those guys... unless butler can come over for Turk.
Philly again, who do you get other than Iggy?

What we need is a new centrepiece/leader and a new no. 2. if you look at all the talent we've amassed, there actually is quite a lot that could be gotten in return. GS makes the most sense as far as a bosh trade. Bosh + calderon for randolph, Biendrins, and Ellis. not sure they'd do it though.

Barngani I would try to dangle to chicago or Minnesota.
Jose_Matador
Banned User

Post#10 » by Jose_Matador » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:19 pm

RUN-TMR wrote:i would add MIN to the mix. they have what, two wins? and chicago too -- a team that needs offense badly.

What we need is a new centrepiece/leader and a new no. 2. if you look at all the talent we've amassed, there actually is quite a lot that could be gotten in return. GS makes the most sense as far as a bosh trade. Bosh + calderon for randolph, Biendrins, and Ellis. not sure they'd do it though.

Nellie would do it, if Nellie is still their by the dead line then we have a chance, he hates Ellis and he doesn't even play Randolph, Biedrins is a valuable player though walking 15 and 12 guy so he might be offlimits.
Truthrising
RealGM
And1: 7,967

Post#11 » by Truthrising » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:26 pm

why isn't the Nets added? we really need Lopez and Harris on this team.
Masai's to do list
Trade - Ibaka
kush-
Veteran
And1: 64

Post#12 » by kush- » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:28 pm

truthrising wrote:why isn't the Nets added? we really need Lopez and Harris on this team.

Nets are obviously tanking and building a young core. When they get John Wall next year, with Lopez and Harris they will be a frightening team.

I didn't add teams that are obviously preparing to lose. Otherwise NY, NJ, and Minnesota would be included. This thread is about other teams that have built themselves to win this season and be in playoff contention.
sanity on Jeremy Lin:
sanity wrote: Roko Ukic's court vision and play-making abilities far exceeds this player... I'm shocked this thread is going on as long as it has. Comparing Lin to Rautins is an insult to Rautins.
Tommy Udo 6
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 28

Post#13 » by Tommy Udo 6 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:42 pm

Why are the Bulls considered underperforming & dysfunstional.

There is not one report that i heard about any unhappiness or problems among the players.

Here is the problem. the owner REFUSES to pay Lux Tax and he is less than $1 million away from it.

He refuses to add to a team that is actually over-performing. Consider: There are 13 players. There were 3 major injuries (Jerome James - still out; Tyrus Thomas - still out; Aaron Gray - just returned in last game). Three players are very bad (Hunter - who is basically an assistant coach; rookie Johnson - who cant learn the plays; Pargo - hampered by a back injury)

That leaves only 7 players for Vinny to work with - and Hinrich & Salmons have been horrible in most games; Rose is hampered by an ankle injury; Miller is old and cant handle more than 15-20 minutes a nght; Gibson is a rookie who is just learning. Deng & especially Noah has been playing well - but they play over 40 minutes a night & get tired toward the end.

I think coach Vinny has done excellent working with the bad team he has been given & no support from management in terms of obtaining healthy players.

i can understand someone saying the Bulls aren't very good - i wont argue that. but come on - "under-performing"???? That just is unrealistic and unfaur. the Bulls have performed quite well when you consider what Vinny has to work with.
The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- -- Chinese proverb
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Post#14 » by Live Free » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:42 pm

Jose, Barnani, Banks for Foye, Butler, Haywood

Foye/Jack
Butler/Marco/DeRozan
Hedo/DeRozan/Wright
Bosh/Evans
Haywood/Rasho
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#15 » by Gold Chain » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:46 pm

Tommy Udo 6 wrote:Why are the Bulls considered underperforming & dysfunstional.

There is not one report that i heard about any unhappiness or problems among the players.

Here is the problem. the owner REFUSES to pay Lux Tax and he is less than $1 million away from it.

He refuses to add to a team that is actually over-performing. Consider: There are 13 players. There were 3 major injuries (Jerome James - still out; Tyrus Thomas - still out; Aaron Gray - just returned in last game). Three players are very bad (Hunter - who is basically an assistant coach; rookie Johnson - who cant learn the plays; Pargo - hampered by a back injury)

That leaves only 7 players for Vinny to work with - and Hinrich & Salmons have been horrible in most games; Rose is hampered by an ankle injury; Miller is old and cant handle more than 15-20 minutes a nght; Gibson is a rookie who is just learning. Deng & especially Noah has been playing well - but they play over 40 minutes a night & get tired toward the end.

I think coach Vinny has done excellent working with the bad team he has been given & no support from management in terms of obtaining healthy players.

i can understand someone saying the Bulls aren't very good - i wont argue that. but come on - "under-performing"???? That just is unrealistic and unfaur. the Bulls have performed quite well when you consider what Vinny has to work with.

They aren't.

Rose is having a soph. slump and the Bulls could be a 2010 player.

I like the Bulls young core and like them down the road.
Local_NG_Idiot
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#16 » by Local_NG_Idiot » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:46 pm

Tommy Udo 6 wrote:Why are the Bulls considered underperforming & dysfunstional.

I think a big part of the Bulls being tagged as an "under-performer" this season is because of the series they played against the Celts last year, plus a lot of posters don't realize how much value Gordon had on that roster last season.
krikit
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#17 » by krikit » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:46 pm

I don't know how much Detroit is underperforming, they have had their two best (arguable) players injured for several weeks now, though they might look to move Prince or Hamilton either way.

Washington & Philly are probably the two teams most desperate for a trade.
ansoncarter
Head Coach
And1: 367

Post#18 » by ansoncarter » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:55 pm

bulls roster is built wrong

-rose has no shooters to kick to
-don't have a real good pick/roll guy for rose

thats so monumentally stupid their gm should be fired imo
dafunky1
Lead Assistant
And1: 258

Post#19 » by dafunky1 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:08 pm

TU6, I agree with your assessement of the Bulls FO. They choose Kirk over Ben. They coulda got rid of Kirk if they wanted to, but the owner mad it clear that Ben Gordan wouldnt see enough playing time with them signing Pargo. Even with the questionable moves,they still wont get no help.Come July 1,2010 if the mgmt dont sign a major free agent, i will personally go on Madison ave and torch down the house Micheal built
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#20 » by NashtyNas » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:32 pm

RUN-TMR wrote:i would add MIN to the mix. they have what, two wins? and chicago too -- a team that needs offense badly.

Bynum >>> Calderon. I would take him at that contract over Jose ANY day.

Jose/Weems/2nd for Rip/Bynum

Jack/Bynum
Rip/Derozan
Hedo/Belli
Bosh/Johnson
Bargs/Rasho

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas

Return to Toronto Raptors