ImageImageImageImageImage

Is it time to let Bargnani and Calderon go?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

redraptors
Sophomore
And1: 1

Re: Is it time to let Bargnani and Calderon go? 

Post#21 » by redraptors » Wed Dec 9, 2009 6:02 am

"Its a mistake to have Bargnani as a Centre"

Why? What Centre has his skill set? He is playing HIS FIRST, FIRST, FULL SEASON AS a Starting Centre without fear of being pulled out right away or benched or moved to SF.
If He had Played on Portland people on this board would be saying he is way better the LA. When you are young you need to play minutes to develop. There are dozens of players that needed time to develop.

DD is showing that it takes some time, he is beginning to provide offence and playing better on D.
Triano is slowly putting things together letting young guys develop.
Amir is playing more consitently now, Belineli is playing more minutes and is beginning to produce.

NONE of these guys are 25 yet. Look at all the contending teams... WHAT is their average age??
damitro
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#22 » by damitro » Wed Dec 9, 2009 6:05 am

I would trade calderon for baron but not bargani...people on this board are to hard on him. People want him to be a supeerstar because he was drafted #1 but he's not that type of player. He'll be really good in a few years.
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#23 » by 99 Problems » Wed Dec 9, 2009 6:09 am

Calderon is going to get traded eventually. BC has been watching him this season and realizes what a liability he is defensively.. As soon Jose gets his value back up, probably after the playoffs, BC will ship him out in exchange for a draft pick or something else valuable..

Bargnani's fate hinges on Bosh.. If Bosh leaves, Bargnani is going to have the PF spot all to himself.. If Bosh somehow ends up staying, I think the first thing he's going to do is ask BC to get rid of Bargs for a legit center..
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Post#24 » by Live Free » Wed Dec 9, 2009 6:10 am

Trax416 wrote:Everyday that goes by, I become more and more convinced Raptor fans don't know anything about basketball.

1. Baron Davis is **** garbage, he never wins, has never won, and is not the type of player we need.

2. Camby is old, soft, and done in this league. Why the **** would we trade a young big man for an old piece of trash?

Raptors need to think long term. We aren't winning anything in the next few years. Especially with those two.

Also to the guy "Camby is playing his best basketball in years". No he is playing his WORST basketball since 2002-2003 where he only played 29 games.

you're talking straight out of your ass. If Baron Davis is **** garbage what does that make Jose? Were you calling him garbage during his time in Golden State/NO/Charlotte? Dude is a legit player on a horrible organization

as for Camby, for someone who is old, soft, and done in this league.. he's put up three 20 rebs games in the past five games while the fourth one being a 15 reb game.. and averaging 2 blocks this season had a 6 blk game the other night .. thats not what I call done. Keep in mind he's an 8mil expiring heading into 2010

maybe we're just allergic to defense and rebounding.. thats been the culture of the Raptors for years now
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#25 » by HomieOmey » Wed Dec 9, 2009 6:10 am

mercy wrote:We're giving up on Bargnani too early. I say we still give him time and he'll emerge to be a great scorer and threat.

I agree. However, I still don't get the point of keeping Bargnani. Unless Bargnani gets more touches and looks in better positioning, we'll never be using him to the best of his abilities. He is an offense-first player and plays his best defense when he gets consistent touches yet continues to get his looks in bunches since the team's number one priority is and always will be to get Bosh going. We're getting maybe 75% of what we probably could out of Bargs and our offense is still pretty solid. Might as well trade him for a much more consistent defender. We don't need a player as talented as Bargs offensively since we're not even tapping Bargs' offense for all it will give.
TurboZ
GCougar
Bench Warmer
And1: 878

Post#26 » by GCougar » Wed Dec 9, 2009 6:12 am

Bosh + rebounding center = good

Bosh + Bargnani don't want to watch any longer than the current season. Make it stop, dump Bargnani.
Ari_Emanuel
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,835

Post#27 » by Ari_Emanuel » Wed Dec 9, 2009 6:17 am

The way I see things, and I think the vast majority of reasonable, none biased fans will agree, we have two starters out of 5 that could form the core of a top tier contender: Demar and Bosh. Everyone else is expendable. Bargnani is having another one of those seaons where he shows flashes but he's not making anyone confident that he can carry the torch for this franchise. Demar on the other hand... well I don't need to go on about him, you guys have been watchin. Bosh and Demar would look great together going into the next decade.

Its not time to let Bargnani and Calderon go but it is definitely time we divorce the idea that they are apart of our long term future.

Realgmers, this is a time of great uncertainty in our franchise but its also a time of great opportunity. Our biggest failure thus far has been our inability to but a star beside Bosh and it looks like we've finally got our horse. Lets just hope Bosh sees it that way.
neurotik wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
Risk101 wrote:Inb4 the ass jokes.

But that's his downside.

No thats his backside.

Lowry's upside is mental and psychological.
Ari_Emanuel
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,835

Post#28 » by Ari_Emanuel » Wed Dec 9, 2009 6:28 am

HomieOmey wrote:
mercy wrote:We're giving up on Bargnani too early. I say we still give him time and he'll emerge to be a great scorer and threat.

I agree. However, I still don't get the point of keeping Bargnani. Unless Bargnani gets more touches and looks in better positioning, we'll never be using him to the best of his abilities. He is an offense-first player and plays his best defense when he gets consistent touches yet continues to get his looks in bunches since the team's number one priority is and always will be to get Bosh going. We're getting maybe 75% of what we probably could out of Bargs and our offense is still pretty solid. Might as well trade him for a much more consistent defender. We don't need a player as talented as Bargs offensively since we're not even tapping Bargs' offense for all it will give.

It's not our fault Bargnani isn't being used to the best of his abilities, it's his own fault and it's time posters stoped blaming our team, our coach and our players. Bargnani shot 1/6 from 3 today and that is not atypical. Nobody is forcing him to park out at the three point line and chuck threes all day. When he hits them, great, but when they aren't sinking he doesn't adapt his game. He made one play today where he was actually in rebounding position when a teammate took a shot, and he tipped it in. It was beatiful. If Bargnani balanced his game with gritty play like that, he'd be such a better player.
neurotik wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
Risk101 wrote:Inb4 the ass jokes.

But that's his downside.

No thats his backside.

Lowry's upside is mental and psychological.
cb4_jo6
Senior
And1: 357

Post#29 » by cb4_jo6 » Wed Dec 9, 2009 6:30 am

I feel that he is a very lazy rebounder. His defense is decent but not the best. His shot selection is horrible. We don't need a center that shoots, we need a center that CAN REBOUND.
HomieOmey
Head Coach
And1: 563

Post#30 » by HomieOmey » Wed Dec 9, 2009 6:33 am

Ari_Emanuel wrote:It's not our fault Bargnani isn't being used to the best of his abilities, it's his own fault and it's time posters stoped blaming our team, our coach and our players. Bargnani shot 1/6 from 3 today and that is not atypical. Nobody is forcing him to park out at the three point line and chuck threes all day. When he hits them, great, but when they aren't sinking he doesn't adapt his game. He made one play today where he was actually in rebounding position when a teammate took a shot, and he tipped it in. It was beatiful. If Bargnani balanced his game with gritty play like that, he'd be such a better player.

Like I've said a few times, I don't use it as an excuse for Bargnani, I just don't get why BC is so intent on keeping him if we're not going to make a bigger effort to get him going. He's an offense-first player who needs to be motivated to play good D, and yet very little effort is made to get him going. Why keep a player like that if your team desperately needs defensive help and you're not tapping him for all he can give on offense? How many offense first players play defense when they're not getting a lot of touches? While Bargs deserves a lot of blame for not contributing more on D, it's asking for a lot of optimism to expect him to play consistent defense. Might as well look for a less polished offensive player who will make a difference on defense.

And no one is forcing him to camp out there, but they certainly aren't helping the case by constantly ignoring his attempts to post up smaller players and not really calling any plays to get him looks inside. The only place Bargs gets looks is on the perimeter, so it's not unusual that he chooses to camp there more and more often.
TurboZ
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#31 » by dagger » Wed Dec 9, 2009 7:08 am

mad-mo wrote:you're talking straight out of your ass. If Baron Davis is **** garbage what does that make Jose?

Well, take this from my anus to your nose - Baron stinks.

Baron is one of the most overrated players in the NBA, way overpaid, and the proud possessor of a loser's mentality.

Secondly, He's always wanted to play and live in California. He's an LA guy, went to UCLA. He wanted out of New Orleans to go to California. The idea that some people believe he'd be a happy camper in Toronto - look out your window, there's a blizzard going on - is mind-boggling. The whole idea is epic fail, and especially with that fossil Camby as part of it. He's ready for the final scene of The Mummy - you know, where the villain turns to stone and crumbles.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,978

Post#32 » by MEDIC » Wed Dec 9, 2009 7:13 am

Yawn.......another one of these threads........when is there going to be a new fad started on the Raps board? I'm sick of this one......

When are you guys going to learn & accept that BC just gave Bargnani an extension because he wants him to grow into our starting C, or take Bosh's spot if he leaves? Bargnani ain't leaving any time soon. Move on with your lives people........

- I don't want anyone from LAC not named Kaman.
- Baron Davis was overrated, now he simply sucks & would be horrible for this team.
- Trading Bargnani for an aging/ frail Camby would be a horrible move. LAC would be laughing at us.

When will people tire of making these threads? They are as sad as the anti-Bosh threads.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
RapsVC15
RealGM
And1: 424

Post#33 » by RapsVC15 » Wed Dec 9, 2009 7:25 am

This is probably one of the dumbest threads I've seen in awhile.

Has it ever crossed your mind that the Raptors are winning *gasp* with Bargnani in the lineup and playing major minutes?
teamLeiweke
Head Coach
And1: 5,019

Post#34 » by teamLeiweke » Wed Dec 9, 2009 12:12 pm

I think bargnani can be a good player on a different team, but it pains me seeing him on our team, it doesnt work... amir works better when he is in the game...... maybe BC will see the same thing and trade AB when his value is at his peak.
DemarDerozan
Junior
And1: 37

Post#35 » by DemarDerozan » Wed Dec 9, 2009 1:04 pm

I don't understand the hate for baron. He clearly does not have a good team surrounding him. Al thorton is one dimensional, Camby is old. The only bright spots are kaman (when hes playing) and eric gordon who is too small to guard 2 guards.

dump caleron and banks for baron and watch baron start playing great.
supersub15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#36 » by supersub15 » Wed Dec 9, 2009 1:10 pm

Trade board.

Return to Toronto Raptors