ImageImageImageImageImage

have you checked out yet?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,529

Re: have you checked out yet? 

Post#21 » by Harry Palmer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:28 pm

Still watching afler all these years
Oh, still watching after all these years

Four in the morning
Crapped out, yawning
Longing my life a--way
I'll never worry
Why should i?
It's all gonna fade

Still watching after all these years.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#22 » by Gold Chain » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:28 pm

I watch every and all the games I can because come summer time, it's the once thing I miss.

Even though supporting this team is like trying to listen to you favorite song on a Walkman with a handful of dead batteries, I still do it because this is my team.
Doctorb23
Junior
And1: 8

Post#23 » by Doctorb23 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:33 pm

PVR'ed it.
got home from work.
checked the score

decided to watch a lousy sitcom (Better off Ted)

off to bed. and I am better off for it today.

no need to be angry about wasting hours of my time watchng a blowout.

I guess, yeah, you could say I have checked out...
vancityballer
Rookie
And1: 153

Post#24 » by vancityballer » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:35 pm

double c wrote:I watch every and all the games I can because come summer time, it's the once thing I miss.

Even though supporting this team is like trying to listen to you favorite song on a Walkman with a handful of dead batteries, I still do it because this is my team.

a) You have a walkman? That is fantastic!

b) I just watch until halftime. If I see a complete lack of heart as per usual, i tune out. If I see a glimmer of fight, I keep it on. I usually watch it online on ESPN so it's easy to shut er down.
The more posts of yours I read, the dumber I get
nikeone
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#25 » by nikeone » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:38 pm

I don't really give up on watching, I will give up on my hopes for the team being any good and right now im already at that point unfortunely. Unless a miracle happens and this turns around I will be watching games until i see its about to get out of control and tune out.
Raptor/LakerFan
Starter
And1: 17

Post#26 » by Raptor/LakerFan » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:41 pm

With the Raptors i keep watching until the last game, even if theyre 0-81 i'll find a reason to watch that last game. With the leafs i usually stop when they're about 5 games under .500 which is usually 5 games into the season.

btw i do find myself more on this website when the Raptors are losing. Other than that i'm mostly here during the offseason to get my updates.
Kobe 4 MVP
A Space Cow
Senior

Post#27 » by A Space Cow » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:46 pm

I haven't checked out, but I'm really tired of discussing what this team needs to do because invariably none of those things are going to happen. The team isn't going to be blown up, and the coach isn't going to be fired, and Colangelo doesn't have the heart to sabotage the teams charter plane.

I'm just resigned to a terrible season, and I keep myself entertained and my expectations lowered by expecting losses, looking to the draft and being pleasantly surprised with wins.
raptoradical
Sixth Man
And1: 1,224

Post#28 » by raptoradical » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:48 pm

Well I think really they're in games with themselves, not other teams, so nah I can never give up. I'm gonna be front row in front of my TV tonight, knowing that if they find it in themselves, they can beat a good contending team......like magic.
Inevitable wrote:Magic Johnson meets Kawhi meets Giannis.
GCougar
Bench Warmer
And1: 878

Post#29 » by GCougar » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:49 pm

I'm still PVR'ing every game, I watch live until half time - that's about an hour's viewing which is about all now I can tolerate.

Once it becomes a dunk-a-thon I'm now starting to bail out.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,439

Post#30 » by Tha Cynic » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:49 pm

I started checking out last season. Before that I'd watched pretty much every game since Vince Carter arrived. Even through all the losing.

Now, I don't see the point in wasting 3 hours of my night in front of a TV when I could be out enjoying the last years of university life. Plenty of time for a pansy, Raptors team when I'm fat and old. For now I'll PVR the game and watch it if they win or someone tells me it was a good game.

What makes it even worse is the fact that if I had to choose between the two games today, I'd choose the Leafs game. This is coming from a guy who hasn't watched any hockey for the last 3 years.

It's still fun bashing them though.
Kobe Bryant: “You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
gamer1314
Junior

Post#31 » by gamer1314 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:50 pm

Nope...I got Bosh on my Fantasy league so i'll watch it regardless...
Doctorb23
Junior
And1: 8

Post#32 » by Doctorb23 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:50 pm

ha! I have been scoping out draft picks as well. there was a thread about a week ago about which teams we need to worry about getting ahead of us. I had to open up the thread to realize they were talking about the playoffs, not the lottery...
elitehunter99
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#33 » by elitehunter99 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:52 pm

No way I can watch a thrashing like they got against Denver and Atlanta...... Luckily, you can watch the 1st 2 quarters with this team and guess the likely outcome before halftime, especially for the road games.

I used to watch games to see if Bargnani shows something new in his offensive game, but his Offense remains too predictable, and his Post Game remains a COMPLETE BUST.. Now, Derozan is the only guy on the team who has the ability to show that MAYBE he is more than just a good role player..
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#34 » by Komodo » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:54 pm

Yup.

I watch a game to be entertained, and having to witness a team that doesn't hustle, play defense, is indifferent, folds when they are down by 10, and routinely gets blown out of the water by 20+ points, yeah it's time to take a step back.

I mean, it's not entertainment if it just gets your blood-pressure going and adds stress to your life.
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#35 » by Komodo » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:57 pm

Just last night for example, after going out for a nice meal with my girlfriend, I had the option of going over to my brother's house to watch the game, or to stay with my girlfriend and watch a flic we had rented. I figured it would be a close game since it's against Miami, but I choce the flic instead.

After the movie, I checked the score online and saw they got hammered by 20 points to a team that they should be equal with. What a f**cking joke! I wasn't the least bit shocked.
Corps
Freshman

Post#36 » by Corps » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:58 pm

Getting real close.

Seems to me that the Raps are pretty close to checking out themselves.

I stopped watching a few minutes into the 3rd quarter last night when it seemed obvious they checked out and weren't expecting to win the game anymore.
AB_21
Analyst
And1: 23

Post#37 » by AB_21 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:10 pm

YogiStewart wrote:truth be told, i found the Mike James season more watchable than this season. the games aren't exciting or entertaining at all.
probably won't watch tonight's game.
checked out of last night's game before halftime.

i want to be entertained. and this year, most of their wins and losses haven't been entertaining.

Surprisingly, I too enjoyed the Mike James season. I was really interested in the development of Bosh and Charlie V and Mike James just had something to him...
Birth of the Cool
Analyst
And1: 1,451

Post#38 » by Birth of the Cool » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:10 pm

I watch every game.............................................

...............................that I catch on "Game in an hour"

I almost never missed a game during the Damon / Vince era's. The Bosh era for me isn't as entertaining so I won't go out of my way to catch all the games anymore & I don't buy tickets to see the games live anymore. I'll still play the Raptors on the few occasions I play video games since I can get them to play tough lol.

Frankly I get most of my Raptors fix viewing the game threads & what not from RealGM.....meh.
EdMar_Davis
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#39 » by EdMar_Davis » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:13 pm

The year Jose became a starter and TJ was made out to be the devil by the media/team and fans was the year I started loosing interest in the team. Before that even when we were the worst team in the league, I still loved watching the team play and never lost interest. I can't stand watching lazy players and this team has a bunch of them, even when we were **** we had great hustle players and the players actually tried out there.

I still have hope for this season, but im starting to lose interest after every blow out.
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#40 » by Phenomenologist » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:21 pm

Checked out of what?

Return to Toronto Raptors