ImageImageImageImageImage

Yahoo Woj Breaking News on Arenas' gun probe

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Re: Yahoo Woj Breaking News on Arenas' gun probe 

Post#61 » by Live Free » Fri Jan 1, 2010 11:03 pm

YogiStewart wrote:or you just refuse to see what really happened.
works either way.

meh why would I? it seems like some posters actually want this to be true. The new story broken doesn't really state much except more unnamed sources being involved and details of the story. Gilbert denies it, Javaris is unquoted, and Ernie says he'll let officials get to the bottom of it if there even is a bottom. It's still all speculation unless you consider a playground pal Kendrick " I'm a Snitch" Long as a legit source.

Innocent until proven guilty
draft
Starter
And1: 8

Post#62 » by draft » Fri Jan 1, 2010 11:32 pm

This was posted on the wizrds board..

From Shelden WIlliams' Twitter...

@SheldenWilliams I understand javaris situation I mean gilbert owed him 150 thousand dollars that affects his life way more than gilberts

Wow.

That's a lot of money.
itbobby007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,827

Post#63 » by itbobby007 » Fri Jan 1, 2010 11:33 pm

Gilbert has verbal diarrhea on twitter right now:

http://twitter.com/gilbertarenas
Dr Octagon
RealGM
And1: 54,612

Post#64 » by Dr Octagon » Fri Jan 1, 2010 11:40 pm

From Gilbert's Twitter:

summer so i can throw a killer pool party...just like the movie harold and kumar..its gonna be bottomless...jk or am i

:rofl:
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Post#65 » by Live Free » Fri Jan 1, 2010 11:45 pm

Michael Lee: I grabbed Arenas after practice. He told me he is considering filing a lawsuit against the NY Post. "That's not the real story," he said. Twitter.com

Michael Lee: "That's ludicrous. Gil did not pull a gun on anybody."

Adrian Wojnarowski: As Wiz move to demolish roster, front office is seriously exploring a deal for T-Mac's expiring deal, sources say. Butler likely bait. Twitter.com
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#66 » by 99 Problems » Sat Jan 2, 2010 12:00 am

itbobby007 wrote:Gilbert has verbal diarrhea on twitter right now:

Its not a verified account...
theSkinny
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,277

Post#67 » by theSkinny » Sat Jan 2, 2010 1:51 am

Too bad they arent called the Washington Bullets anymore... seems so fitting.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#68 » by 5DOM » Sat Jan 2, 2010 2:11 am

SkinnyP wrote:Too bad they arent called the Washington Bullets anymore... seems so fitting.

saw this joke at least ten times today :)
Agent_Zero
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#69 » by Agent_Zero » Sat Jan 2, 2010 2:16 am

99 Problems wrote:
itbobby007 wrote:Gilbert has verbal diarrhea on twitter right now:

Its not a verified account...

Trust me that's the real gil... He was waiting till he got 1 mil peeps but gave up today..
theSkinny
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,277

Post#70 » by theSkinny » Sat Jan 2, 2010 2:22 am

5DOM wrote:
SkinnyP wrote:Too bad they arent called the Washington Bullets anymore... seems so fitting.

saw this joke at least ten times today :)

I havent been reading the thread(s) so shoot me if I thought I was being original.. oh wait.
I just fire them off when I think of them... oh wait.
Oh there I go shooting my mouth off again.. ohh.. nevermind.
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,580

Post#71 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Sat Jan 2, 2010 2:39 am

I'd like to scoop up Crittenton, I like his game and I'd also have a gun if I were rich in DC.

Where's Lonny "Shoot the Moon" Baxter these days?
t2thadot
Banned User

Post#72 » by t2thadot » Sat Jan 2, 2010 2:42 am

i don't believe this.

/thread
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#73 » by pspot » Sat Jan 2, 2010 2:46 am

this is so bad people aren't even talking about the gambling debt which is normally one of more critiqued issues in pro sports
nm
DKwan416
Junior
And1: 2

Post#74 » by DKwan416 » Sat Jan 2, 2010 3:05 am

Having possession of a gun in the building was in itself deserving of a season-long suspension. PULLING IT OUT and POINTING it at someone is a whole other story. I'm certain there will be jail time involved, and along with that, Gil's contract will have to be voided. Poor guy... wrong place, wrong time, one wrong decision.

-
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#75 » by Rhettmatic » Sat Jan 2, 2010 6:28 am

David Aldridge has an article up with some new information:

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/01/01/wiza ... ef:nbahpt2

While the details are not yet clear, the substance of what was reported Friday by Yahoo! Sports and the New York Post -- that Arenas had a confrontation in the Wizards' locker room late last month with teammate Javaris Crittenton in which both players had guns in their hands -- was confirmed Friday by a league source. The incident, the source said, apparently involved a debt of $25,000 that Arenas owed Crittenton. It is not clear why Arenas supposedly owed Crittenton the money, but the dispute apparently began on a team flight as the Wizards came home the night of Dec. 19, after Washington completed a road trip in Phoenix.

The team had the next day, Sunday the 20th, off, but was back at Verizon Center on Monday, Dec. 21, which is when the incident allegedly occurred. The source indicated that it happened before the team was in the locker room for the scheduled practice, but that there may have been one or more players in the room at the time.

Arenas did not talk to the assembled media Friday, but spoke with me briefly as he left Verizon Center.

After joking "I hear it was the O.K. Corral," Arenas said, "I'll put the real story out in a couple of days. That's not the real story."

Regardless of the details, though, Arenas could be in a world of trouble -- with the District and Federal governments, with the league and with the Wizards -- with the possibility, remote for now but still there, that the team could ultimately seek to void the remainder of his $111 million contract, signed in 2008.

Two sources indicated Friday that Washington, while not actively considering it at this time, would not shy away from at least having internal discussions about voiding the rest of Arenas's contract, which has three years and $67.7 million remaining on it after this season. The team has waited two-plus seasons for Arenas to return from three knee surgeries, and his numbers this season have been very good for someone who's been out of regular action since 2007: 22.7 points, a career-high 6.9 assists and 4.3 rebounds.

But Arenas's teammates, who've tolerated a lot over the past few seasons because of his immense talent, have grown weary of constantly having to answer for or explain his behavior. This latest incident goes well beyond a garden variety "distraction." Said one disgusted teammate on Friday, who stressed that he did not witness the alleged incident: "the locker room is sacred. You're supposed to be safe in there." One source said that Butler, who has struggled to find his way in Saunders's new system, was frustrated by Arenas's inability or unwillingness to get him the ball. But on Friday, Butler said nothing was irretrievably broken between him and Arenas. "We're fine," Butler said. "People always thought it was a situation or something. We haven't had no issues. It was a lot of people that thought it was an issue. I just attacked it head on and asked him a question: 'you don't have no problem with me, do you?' We looked at film together, some of the things I should be doing more of. That was a coach thing, that wasn't a player thing. Like any captain or any leader on a team, we're pushing each other. We want each other to be successful, and in order for us to be successful, me and him both have to playing at high levels, along with Antawn and the rest of the core guys.

"That's all it was. I'm a man about it. I'm not going to go to no media and address it. It was just like, 'all right, all right, well, that's it?' 'Yeah.' 'Okay, we're moving forward.'"

If Washington were to void Arenas's deal, it would suddenly become a player in the celebrated free agent class of 2010. Without Arenas's $17.7 million on the books next season, the Wizards would only have a little less than $38 million committed for the 2010-11 season, including a $2.27 million option Washington holds on the final year of Crittenton's contract. It must be stressed, however, that the team is currently planning to keep Arenas--pending whatever possible penalties he has to endure both from the local and/or state governments, and the NBA.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,560

Post#76 » by s e n s i » Sat Jan 2, 2010 7:19 am

Man, what a mess. Gil used to be one of my favourite players, back even before he was the people's champ. His head has tripled in size since then and 3 knee surgeries, a bunch of missed game-sealing free-throws, and a stand-off with a teammate over what hopefully wasn't a prop bet later, and he's now close to irrelevancy in terms of basketball, especially if he's set for a date with the long dick of the law.

We all know his played out story of a kid living in his dad's car to his skills being doubted by apparently everyone; I can't say I care much anymore. So much for him throwing the quirky, attention-whoring Gilbert out the window, and just wanting to play basketball this season.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
Agent_Zero
Banned User

Post#77 » by Agent_Zero » Sat Jan 2, 2010 7:29 am

chocolateSensi wrote:Man, what a mess. Gil used to be one of my favourite players, back even before he was the people's champ. His head has tripled in size since then and 3 knee surgeries, a bunch of missed game-sealing free-throws, and a stand-off with a teammate over what hopefully wasn't a prop bet later, and he's now close to irrelevancy in terms of basketball, especially if he's set for a date with the long dick of the law.

We all know his played out story of a kid living in his dad's car to his skills being doubted by apparently everyone; I can't say I care much anymore. So much for him throwing the quirky, attention-whoring Gilbert out the window, and just wanting to play basketball this season.

I don't really think you know what your talking about... Missed free throws?? Triple the size?? Where is this crap coming from?
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,560

Post#78 » by s e n s i » Sat Jan 2, 2010 7:47 am

Agent_Zero wrote:
chocolateSensi wrote:Man, what a mess. Gil used to be one of my favourite players, back even before he was the people's champ. His head has tripled in size since then and 3 knee surgeries, a bunch of missed game-sealing free-throws, and a stand-off with a teammate over what hopefully wasn't a prop bet later, and he's now close to irrelevancy in terms of basketball, especially if he's set for a date with the long dick of the law.

I don't really think you know what your talking about... Missed free throws?? Triple the size?? Where is this crap coming from?

Yea man. You didn't notice? His head has literally swollen to triple the size of what it used to be. It's a disease called Yerafreakinmoron.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,649

Post#79 » by C_Money » Sat Jan 2, 2010 8:01 am

Gilbert Arenas is going to be fine. Unless they've got actual video footage of it nothing is going to happen. Javaris Crittenton is probably done after this season though.
Donlogic
Senior
And1: 25

Post#80 » by Donlogic » Sun Jan 3, 2010 4:10 am

The Washington Wizards never told the NBA that an all-star player and his teammate drew guns on each other in the team's locker room during a fight over a gambling debt, the New York Post reported.

The league reportedly found out about the Dec. 21 incident after the Post inquired about it. The alleged gun duel now threatens to end not only the careers of the two players involved, all-star Gilbert Arenas and Javaris Crittenton — but also of general manager Ernie Grunfeld, the Post reported.

"This is gonna cost Ernie Grunfeld his job," a former NBA team president told The Post. "Because the buck stops at the top."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,581 ... latestnews

*My bad on the double post in the two threads

Return to Toronto Raptors