ImageImageImageImageImage

Who'd fit best on Raps?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

MagnusPinus
Analyst
And1: 148

Re: Who'd fit best on Raps? 

Post#21 » by MagnusPinus » Sat Jan 2, 2010 10:35 pm

Iguodala.. take him with Calderon Derozan and a pick... they need a play, and they would also receive the future substitute of Andre in Demar... Do it :D
GuyverADL wrote:
The only thing Curry will raise from the start of the season is his cholesterol.
People do not understand Curry's reason for wanting to be a ballerina. He wanted to be able to contort his body to be able to fit in the fridge.
satyr9
Assistant Coach
And1: 563

Post#22 » by satyr9 » Sat Jan 2, 2010 10:40 pm

If this team were different I might prefer Martin over Iggy, but with their defensive woes Iggy's the no brainer choice. Of course PHI isn't giving him up for our cast-offs without moving Brand with him, so it's pretty much a forget about it idea. Same goes for Martin, they might talk about it, but they won't pull the trigger on a deal that just dumps him.

Maybe WAS just blows it up and Butler could be had, but I think they'd get a better expiring offer than what the Raps can serve up.
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#23 » by Lionel Messi » Sat Jan 2, 2010 11:05 pm

Imo, iguodala is the best fit, with martin being second and caron butler a very very close third.

Iggy's good qualities:
- Lockdown defender (imo one of the best perimiter defenders in the league)
- Crazy athlete (rivals LeBron's athletisism
- Very good playmaker and passer
- Good scorer and terrific transition player.
- Can hit the clutch shot.
- Can shoot over the defence using stepbacks/spins and whatnot.

Bad qualities:
- Inconsistent jumper/spot-up shot.
- Im not sure...his ballhandling doesnt look great but he is a very good ballhandler.
He is a really complete player.

Kevin Martin just adds that secondary star-level scorer next to bosh on the wings that we need to push us into a second round playoff team.
Caron butler has been bad this year but he was always a good defender, a good scorer and a clutch player.
Hedo26
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#24 » by Hedo26 » Sat Jan 2, 2010 11:12 pm

I think Caron Butler but i don't know how we would get him. I'm not in favor of giving up DD in any package deal but I also don't see what the Wizards would want from us.
BALL
mowcrowbar
General Manager
And1: 4,179

Post#25 » by mowcrowbar » Sat Jan 2, 2010 11:14 pm

iggy
Rembokz
Banned User

Post#26 » by Rembokz » Sat Jan 2, 2010 11:50 pm

Iggy first pick, 2nd Nate, i would put T-MAC at 2nd but I don't want 23 million for a guy who's washed up now..
EdMar_Davis
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#27 » by EdMar_Davis » Sun Jan 3, 2010 12:25 am

Iggy no doubt.

Jose+Bargs
Iggy+Sammy D
Rapsobsessed7
RealGM
And1: 4,553

Post#28 » by Rapsobsessed7 » Sun Jan 3, 2010 12:38 am

Didn't Detroit want calderon before? I'd take Hamilton he'd be a good fit here as he can play off the ball
Canadafan wrote:Bojan Burks Stewart for Siakam.
2 expiring vets that help now. A young big to add to the Scottie timeline
I'd prefer to keep Stew and give Monte Morris
I'd really prefer to keep Morris and Stew and give the great Killian Hayes and 2nd round picks
raptorsam
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#29 » by raptorsam » Sun Jan 3, 2010 7:26 am

Lebron
A Space Cow
Senior

Post#30 » by A Space Cow » Sun Jan 3, 2010 7:57 am

Matlock. He'd get the the bottom of what's wrong with this team, and then we could go from there.

Sucka
Rookie
And1: 10

Post#31 » by Sucka » Sun Jan 3, 2010 8:06 am

nate rob would be perfect since toronto fans love fiesty underdog players who play with passion and hustle. He'll bring the energy and swagger this team sorely needs ...... he reminds me of a young Theo Fleury who can will his teams to victory. I can imagine Nate chewing out Bargs and Hedo on missed defensive assignments ........... he's a true baller that TO needs.
In the words of Booker T:
Can You Dig it????
Suckaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Post#32 » by hype_2004 » Sun Jan 3, 2010 8:07 am

Gotta go with Caron Butler he is Smart,hard nosed and tough without being undisciplined and overly aggressive. He will fit nicely and add much needed tough veteran presence on these pansies. I'll take Butler's physicality over Turk's soft-jumpshooting and pedestrian defense any given day of the week.
dan520
Pro Prospect

Post#33 » by dan520 » Sun Jan 3, 2010 3:16 pm

i was thinkin, how good could this team be, sign marion instead, trade DD for kevin martin

PG: jose
SG: martin, go to scorer, drives, actually gets to the line, still no rap can do that right now
SF: marion, numbers down but still grabs boards/blocks and hustles(unlike turk whos a sloth on D) and plays solid d, compliments front court well
PF: bosh
C: bargs
What is basketball.....basketball is life.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#34 » by The_Hater » Sun Jan 3, 2010 6:19 pm

Are people actually picking Nate Robinson, a 5'7" SG over Igoudala, Butler and KMart? Really?

Iggy is by far the best fit. He's very athletic, he defends, he can get to the basket he can handle the ball like a PG and pass. He's the guy that many people are dreaming that DeRozan will become only DeRozan just doesn't have anything close to his skill set.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
raps_aviator
Pro Prospect
And1: 208

Post#35 » by raps_aviator » Sun Jan 3, 2010 6:25 pm

antawn jamison for hedo, rasho
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#36 » by junot111 » Sun Jan 3, 2010 8:24 pm

EventHorizon wrote:Hands down Iguodala. Super defense, super rebounding, super hustling and toughness. Super man.

agree

and in terms of big men it's Emeka Okafor
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#37 » by junot111 » Sun Jan 3, 2010 8:24 pm

The_Hater wrote:Are people actually picking Nate Robinson, a 5'7" SG over Igoudala, Butler and KMart? Really?

Iggy is by far the best fit. He's very athletic, he defends, he can get to the basket he can handle the ball like a PG and pass. He's the guy that many people are dreaming that DeRozan will become only DeRozan just doesn't have anything close to his skill set.

actually his handles aren't that great. They're pretty average or even below average for a SG. That's the only obstacle stopping him from being a PG
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,789

Post#38 » by RoyceDa59 » Sun Jan 3, 2010 9:00 pm

Of all those players I'd pick Igoudala and it's not a difficult decision for me. McGrady, Butler and Martin are massive injury concerns, and Nate Robinson is a step below. I'd go with Iggy for sure.

PG Jack
SG DeRozen
SF Igoudala
PF Bosh
Cc Bargnani

6th Turkoglu
7th Calderon
8th Wright
9th Johnson
Go Raps!!
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#39 » by basketball royalty » Sun Jan 3, 2010 10:34 pm

Iggy or Butler but realistically I don't think we have anything outside of Bosh that would land us Iggy so Butler. I would give up Jose or Hedo in a heartbeat in a deal for Butler, preferably Hedo because Butler should take the SF spot.
props to Turbozone for the sig
roundhead0
Lead Assistant
And1: 668

Post#40 » by roundhead0 » Sun Jan 3, 2010 10:50 pm

Iguodala, without a doubt. He shores up the weakest position on the team (SG), provides both offense and some defense, and means you don't have to play scrubs any minutes (Wright and Weems and to a lesser extent Bellinelli).

What would it cost? Hard to say. Toronto is a bit hamstrung by having traded away 1st round picks. Likely cost a good young player and a big expiring, but Toronto is lacking in sizable expirings. Or you'd have to take on a hefty contract like Brand's, which would be a disaster unless you could buy him out.

Realistically, Iguodala is not coming to Toronto unless we pick up a lot of horrible baggage with him or else Colangelo has mafia connections or something.

Return to Toronto Raptors