ImageImageImageImageImage

Inside Source:Calderon and Johnson for Butler and Crittenton

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ForeveRaptorFan
Sixth Man
And1: 11

Re: Inside Source:Calderon and Johnson for Butler and Crittenton 

Post#61 » by ForeveRaptorFan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:39 am

Im not warm on this deal...there is only so much ball to go around, and with Bosh/Hedo/Bargs and now Butler there won't be much touches for everyone.
Following Bargnani's Progress since entering the League: Bargnani, Ill Mago, Barney, Bustnani, Bust and a Nani, Beastnani, Beardnani, Killer B...
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#62 » by Avenger » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:39 am

The Notic wrote:caron butler sucks.

He may suck but he's probably more of use to use than Jose and has less years on his contract. If we actually got him we would have about 20 million in expirings(Banks-Evans-Butler) after the 2010/2011 season
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#63 » by timdunkit » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:39 am

The Notic wrote:caron butler sucks, timdunkit. i think lost in all the jose hate is just how bad butler has been this season.

Notic, Butler is simple the better player even though he is playing terrible offensively. Not only that, his contract is so much more manageable. Its not Butlers offensive game that I want, its the fact that he is a decent defender (or atleast better hten calderon) and good rebounder on the wings, two of our weaknesses ...
A Space Cow
Senior
And1: 0

Post#64 » by A Space Cow » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:40 am

If BC can pull this off without losing Amir, he's doing good work. Like others have said, even including Amir, this is easily worth it.

If he can also undo the Hedo contract mistake somehow, he is back at par in my books. Seems like that'd be a far more daunting task though.
2nd Coming
Freshman
And1: 3

Post#65 » by 2nd Coming » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:40 am

This seems like a great trade, but in my opinion its highly unlikly. Washington will be able to leverage a much better deal for Butler. However, I would never give up Amir at this current time. He has huge potential and I honestly see him contributing more for the next few years.

Caron Butler is a huge improvement for us since Hedo is such a bum. Hope BC gets something done to move Hedo rather than Amir
Randle McMurphy
RealGM
And1: 19,327

Post#66 » by Randle McMurphy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:41 am

timdunkit wrote:
Randle McMurphy wrote:
timdunkit wrote:
They would be better then Cack/Hedo/Bargnani/Bosh defensively ...

not by much. Butler isn't some Battier like defensive stopper.

When your replacing arguable the worst defender on your team with a guy who by most people standards is average defensively ... thats a friken upgrade and then add the fact that Caron Butler is pretty decent rebounding avg 6 a game ... Anyone who doesn't think this is an absolutely steal for TO is nuts. We get the more talented player with the shorter contract ...

Not saying they don't win the trade, I'm just questioning the people who say it makes us as good as those other top teams.
One flew east, one flew west, one flew over the cuckoo’s nest.
Strategist1
Head Coach
And1: 413

Post#67 » by Strategist1 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:42 am

Raps need to do it.

This season is make it or break it to keep Bosh.

This team needs a dynamic wing player. And getting those dynamic wing players aren't easy.

I'd take Butler over Martin. Butler has an all around game and can help on the boards.

PLUS... he'd be a perfect mentor for Derozan.

Banks can play backup, and since Butler/DD will occupy the SG spot... Beli can take a few minutes at the backup PG spot with Banks with Hedo as the ball handler.

Again, raptors need to pull out all the stops this year.
Prediction
Spurs in 7. Parker MVP. Lebron 6-17fg, 18pt, 8reb, 5 asst in game 7 LOSS.
The Heat will choke!
boshville
Senior
And1: 1

Post#68 » by boshville » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:42 am

I remember this guy being legit and breaking news of many of the past trades. Just because a deal doesn't happen does not mean that no discussions took place.
timdunkit
RealGM

Post#69 » by timdunkit » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:43 am

Randle McMurphy wrote:
timdunkit wrote:When your replacing arguable the worst defender on your team with a guy who by most people standards is average defensively ... thats a friken upgrade and then add the fact that Caron Butler is pretty decent rebounding avg 6 a game ... Anyone who doesn't think this is an absolutely steal for TO is nuts. We get the more talented player with the shorter contract ...

Not saying they don't win the trade, I'm just questioning the people who say it makes us as good as those other top teams.

It makes us better then Miami and makes us a tougher team to beat in the 1st round ... I doubt it pushes us that far up in the East but probably further then where Jose could take us ..
M_Carter
Pro Prospect
And1: 113

Post#70 » by M_Carter » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:43 am

ForeveRaptorFan wrote:Im not warm on this deal...there is only so much ball to go around, and with Bosh/Hedo/Bargs and now Butler there won't be much touches for everyone.

very true...there's not enough field goals that can satisfy all of em. But if we can dump turkoglu somewhere i'm all for it
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#71 » by J-Roc » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:43 am

I'm most interested in this.....in finding out how many pages this can go before people get bored.
A Space Cow
Senior
And1: 0

Post#72 » by A Space Cow » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:44 am

2nd Coming wrote:However, I would never give up Amir at this current time. He has huge potential and I honestly see him contributing more for the next few years.

Amir is unrestricted this summer, playing well, and we have no guarantee that he will re-sign with us. He might not like Toronto, he might get serious money offers from one of the teams with mad cap space or he might just be interested in going to a contending team. Amir isn't worth holding this up. I really, really do like what he brings to the table though.
dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#73 » by dacrusha » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:44 am

Butler is 29 and currently having his worst season in 6 years.

A big fat 'meh' if this lateral deal is made.
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
timdunkit
RealGM

Post#74 » by timdunkit » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:45 am

ForeveRaptorFan wrote:Im not warm on this deal...there is only so much ball to go around, and with Bosh/Hedo/Bargs and now Butler there won't be much touches for everyone.

There isn't enough ball to go around with Hedo/Bosh/Bargs/Jack/Jose but its working fine offensively. The one thing I like is that we move Hedo strictly into a point forward role and we can let Butler continue to be a scorer. It works because Butler is a scorer ... it doesn't work with Jose/Hedo because both want to handle the ball and playmake ... on any given nights someone has to give up shots though which is something I agree on ...
EH15
General Manager
And1: 6,945

Post#75 » by EH15 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:45 am

I don't mind if we take Crittenton, as long as we wave him immediately.
Avenger
Banned User

Post#76 » by Avenger » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:46 am

Butler has been struggling with his shooting but everything else looks ok, he still has the second best adj +/- numbers on his team after haywood and all his other numbers are on par with his career.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,725

Post#77 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:46 am

Funny, last I remember reading about Butler this year was about his beeing called a cancer on that team. How he was jacking up shots any chance he got, and was killing the flow.

Arenas blew up on him before this whole gun thing, saying he was the reason they sucked. That's from Arenas though, so take it for what it's worth.
swift_ioi
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#78 » by swift_ioi » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:46 am

the only way this makes any sense is if hedo's on his way out to... so for **** sakes please let this be true

jack/banks
dd/beli or wright
butler/weems
bosh/ hope we some how keep amir/evans
bargs/amir/rasho

not bad at all, much more balanced, although jose off the bench is working out pretty nicely lately
inrapscity
General Manager
And1: 62

Post#79 » by inrapscity » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:47 am

Hudo+Jose for Butler+Haywood+Crittenton!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! get it done BC!!!!!!!!!
Avenger
Banned User

Post#80 » by Avenger » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:47 am

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:Funny, last I remember reading about Butler this year was about his beeing called a cancer on that team. How he was jacking up shots any chance he got, and was killing the flow.

Arenas blew up on him before this whole gun thing, saying he was the reason they sucked. That's from Arenas though, so take it for what it's worth.

I don't think that's right,it was Butler who complained about Arenas and lack of touches

Return to Toronto Raptors