ImageImageImageImageImage

The Starting Lineup Needs To Be Changed Once Again

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

elitehunter99
Veteran
And1: 9

Re: The Starting Lineup Needs To Be Changed Once Again 

Post#41 » by elitehunter99 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:41 pm

I still think the talent is there.......... The desire/effort/gameplan/coaching ISN'T........

Utah has a better 1-2 punch, better coaching, but if you put the Raptors roleplayers on that team, they would probably be above Denver right about now..... Deron williams and the coaching alone doesn't explain SUCH A HUGE GAP in talent between the Raptors and Jazz and them being 21 GAMES OVER .500!!

BC has dropped the ball with the coaching IMO, and not putting enough roleplayers who play with hustle and defense in the starting unit. Major reason why this team's defense is suffering in a major way. Putting Calderon back in, just brought back all my nightmares from early in the season....

Outside of Millsap, Jazz don't have any legit rotation players off the bench, ALL their bench players are undrafted and all play a role, but wouldn't work well outside Sloan's system IMO..... I'm talking players like Price, Korver, Matthews, CJ Miles....... I would easily take Jack, Weems, Amir, Wright over that group....
CrymeTime
Bench Warmer
And1: 265

Post#42 » by CrymeTime » Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:54 pm

Calderon
DD
Sonny/Wright
Bosh
Amir

3-4 min in(or if quick fouls are picked up) we sub in Hedo, Bargs, Jack, Sonny/Wright come in, one deadball at a time. It may kill the flow, but I think it's worth a shot.
Harold_and_Kumar
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,656

Post#43 » by Harold_and_Kumar » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:07 pm

Jack
Belinelli
Wright
Bosh
Rasho

Calderon
Demar
Turk
Amir
Bargs

If the PGs don't perform defensively don't hesitate to bring Banks in to set a tone.
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#44 » by Vlade Divac » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:22 pm

I had enough of Bosh. I wish he leaves and we get whatever we can in return. It is not that he is not a good player. He IS NOT A FRANCHISE PLAYER, he is only good second option a piece someone need to be a legit contender. He does not have the heart, nor charisma to lead any team. I wish him all success in the world, but his time in TO is up.
Teddy Brukshut
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#45 » by Teddy Brukshut » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:26 pm

I've been saying this but I know its a pipe dream

PG JACK
SG WEEMS
SF WRIGHT
PF BOSH
C BUSTINANI

6th man TURK
Teddy Brukshut
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#46 » by Teddy Brukshut » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:28 pm

Vlade Divac wrote:I had enough of Bosh. I wish he leaves and we get whatever we can in return. It is not that he is not a good player. He IS NOT A FRANCHISE PLAYER, he is only good second option a piece someone need to be a legit contender. He does not have the heart, nor charisma to lead any team. I wish him all success in the world, but his time in TO is up.

lol. were you saying that when he was singlehandedly winning us games? He doesn't have the pieces to lead them. You think the supporting cast he's had here has been good enough to win with?? REALLY?
roundhead0
Lead Assistant
And1: 668

Post#47 » by roundhead0 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:47 pm

I agree the line-up needs to be changed. Having all 4 of Bosh, Bargs, Hedo, and Calderon in the starting line-up in lunacy.

At least 1 needs to go to the bench. Maybe 2.

Pairing that works well? Calderon + Johnson.

Pairing that doesn't work at all? Hedo + anyone who needs the ball.

Wherever you have Johnson, that's where Calderon should be because they work together well. Perhaps just swap Bargnani and Johnson and see what happens. I'd like Hedo as a backup too but unfortunately that makes Wright a starter, and since he can't stop his chucking ways it would be a disaster. Maybe we can put Bellinelli at SF?

Johnson
Bosh
Wright (if he can be limited to 6 shots/game)
Derozan
Calderon

Bargnani
Evans
Turkoglu
Bellinelli or Weems
Jack

The starting unit gets more energy and defense, and the backup unit gets more skill/shooters balanced out with Evans/Jack for some grit.

Anyway, it's still a big mess, and it will be until at least one of Bosh, Bargs, Turk, or Calderon get moved for someone who a complementary, two-way game.
JWiLL02
RealGM
And1: 2,443

Post#48 » by JWiLL02 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:08 pm

Got to love everyone putting Wright into the starting line up because he talks about being able to play defense. The guy is **** terrible and looks for his own offense far too often. I can't recall a single time this year when he's made the extra pass.
*Sig courtesy of Raptors' royalty 'Turbozone'. http://www.turbozone.ca"

Return to Toronto Raptors