ImageImageImageImageImage

Triano: I thought the effort was good

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

nestea
Veteran
And1: 1,778

Re: Triano: I thought the effort was good 

Post#121 » by nestea » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:21 pm

can someone plz answer my question...can u c MLSE pay three coaches? Wit two on the sidelines...
Im an Optomist, not an optometrist!
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,569

Post#122 » by DG88 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:26 pm

nestea wrote:can someone plz answer my question...can u c MLSE pay three coaches? Wit two on the sidelines...

Smitch's deal ends this year, Triano has one more year after. The last year on his contract is a team option. If anything if hwas fired we'd be paying two coaches.
Victorious1
Junior
And1: 0

Post#123 » by Victorious1 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:44 pm

As Jack Armstrong always says, "as a coach you only get what you demand".

It's obvious that Triano isn't demanding enough of his players, in terms of effort or execution in games, but also in practice.
Protomav
Senior
And1: 12

Post#124 » by Protomav » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:55 pm

Victorious1 wrote:As Jack Armstrong always says, "as a coach you only get what you demand".

It's obvious that Triano isn't demanding enough of his players, in terms of effort or execution in games, but also in practice.

Jay can plead and whine and scream all he wants - but he can't play every position on the floor at all times. He can define what he wants but its ultimately up to the players to perform.

I can absolutely see guys with financial security dogging it for the rest of the season and that's just because of the mentality set out by our 'leader' Chris Bosh. He's padded his stats for the season, established himself as a marquee FA and will just sit back and wait for the offers to roll in. Why should he exert himself on either end of the floor and risk re-injuring himself?

This bunch just isn't hungry enough. We see flashes here and there but, in the end, this team is just a mediocre one at best. Once we realize this the quicker we can get to fixing it. By we I mean our fearless General Manager.
Victorious1
Junior
And1: 0

Post#125 » by Victorious1 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:07 pm

Protomav wrote:
Victorious1 wrote:As Jack Armstrong always says, "as a coach you only get what you demand".

Jay can plead and whine and scream all he wants - but he can't play every position on the floor at all times. He can define what he wants but its ultimately up to the players to perform.

I can absolutely see guys with financial security dogging it for the rest of the season and that's just because of the mentality set out by our 'leader' Chris Bosh. He's padded his stats for the season, established himself as a marquee FA and will just sit back and wait for the offers to roll in. Why should he exert himself on either end of the floor and risk re-injuring himself?

This bunch just isn't hungry enough. We see flashes here and there but, in the end, this team is just a mediocre one at best. Once we realize this the quicker we can get to fixing it. By we I mean our fearless General Manager.

What message does it send to his players when a coach publicly states "the effort was good" after a 26 pt loss at home, when you are in a fight for a playoff spot?

If certain guys are dogging it, as you say, then bench them and put in guys who want to play and would show effort and hustle. Guys like Amir, Weems and Marcus. A win is a win, and our fans show their appreciation for effort. Maybe that would give our "big dogs" something to think about.

A coach HAS to have some power or recourse. Do you think these guys would get away with this sort of heartless lazyness with Larry Brown as our coach? I don't think so.
mowcrowbar
General Manager
And1: 4,179

Post#126 » by mowcrowbar » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Im not surprised, Jay is an escaped mental patient.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,569

Post#127 » by DG88 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:16 pm

Victorious1 wrote:
Protomav wrote:

What message does it send to his players when a coach publicly states "the effort was good" after a 26 pt loss at home, when you are in a fight for a playoff spot?

If certain guys are dogging it, as you say, then bench them and put in guys who want to play and would show effort and hustle. Guys like Amir, Weems and Marcus. A win is a win, and our fans show their appreciation for effort. Maybe that would give our "big dogs" something to think about.

A coach HAS to have some power or recourse. Do you think these guys would get away with this sort of heartless lazyness with Larry Brown as our coach? I don't think so.

If Larry Brown was our coach half of this team would have been traded for more defensive minded bigs and wings.

Return to Toronto Raptors