ImageImageImageImageImage

Grange throws "TurkuFlu" under the bus

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Grange throws "TurkuFlu" under the bus 

Post#1 » by dagger » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:29 pm

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/blogs/fr ... le1511819/
Hedo seems like a genial guy, quick with a smile, friendly, all of that. And you can make the case that he has, in some hard-to-define way made the Raptors better: Bosh is having a career season, Bargnani too. Could it be because Turkoglu has made the game easier for them with a flurry of Gretzky assists?
Maybe.

But it’s just as hard to make the case that the $53-million man has his teammates’ backs and will go to war with them and for them, because he hasn’t so far and it’s getting pretty late for him to prove that he will.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Re: Grange throws "TurkuFlu" under the bus 

Post#2 » by dagger » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:35 pm

By the way, whoever is managing and coaching this team next year should demand that Turkuglu give up international play at the World Championships this summer. Actually, I'd demand he pass up the worlds this year, but he won't because they are in Istanbul, so the compromise is either international retirement after the worlds, or NBA retirement.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
dillio
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,069

Post#3 » by dillio » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:36 pm

Easy target
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,572

Post#4 » by DG88 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:41 pm

$53 million I have nothing else to say
darth_federer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 922

Post#5 » by darth_federer » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Grange is the best basketball writer in this city. I wish he blogged more.

Profanity wrote:This is why I question a Canadian team in our league. it's a govt conspiracy trina to sell all our milk to Russia. They let the raptors participate to not let canadians demand crossing taxes. it will backfire one day.
Scott Carefoot
Analyst
And1: 10

Post#6 » by Scott Carefoot » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:53 pm

darth_federer wrote:Grange is the best basketball writer in this city. I wish he blogged more.

I think it's probably better that he spreads his coverage around to other sports a little so that he doesn't get burnt out on this team. There's only so many ways you can point out the flaws in this team without sounding like a broken record.
StopitLeo
RealGM
And1: 6,606

Post#7 » by StopitLeo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:13 pm

If BC doesn't move Turk in the offseason I hope he at least lays down the law and gets Turk to work with a trainer to get in freaking shape.
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#8 » by YogiStewart » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:14 pm

raptorfan1105 wrote:If BC doesn't move Turk in the offseason I hope he at least lays down the law and gets Turk to work with a trainer to get in freaking shape.

he worked with a trainer. didn't you see the Pizza Pizza commercials?
miruss2001
Lead Assistant
And1: 335

Post#9 » by miruss2001 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:25 pm

dillio wrote:Easy target

Deserving target... on most nights he isn't even top 3 or 4 raptors in terms of effectiveness or impact.

His signing has been a nightmare realized.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 951

Post#10 » by SDM » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:50 pm

miruss2001 wrote:
dillio wrote:Easy target

Deserving target... on most nights he isn't even top 3 or 4 raptors in terms of effectiveness or impact.

His signing has been a nightmare realized.

+1. My twummy huwts?
dacrusha
RealGM
And1: 5,410

Post#11 » by dacrusha » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Our star player is flanked by this lazy-ass clown... and another lazy-ass clown.
"If you can’t make a profit, you should sell your team" - Michael Jordan
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#12 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:56 pm

I think it was cheap. I think Grange even know it was cheap. Turk, played on a sore ankle, turk played with a broken orbital bone. It's easy to jump on Turk because he hasn't had the impact they hoped. If he was sick, and he couldn't play, what was the point of the article?

If he wants to make a point that Turk is lazy or not giving it his all, go ahead. But I don't know how having an ailment makes the point, I guess only for those who jump to conclusions. Didn't CB miss a game with the flu? Didn't he miss 7 games with a sore ankle. Didn't grange call CB out last year for "spraining his knee" through wear and tear? He can make a simalar point with out pitching the crux of his argument to something he himself admits he's jumping to conclusions on.
OlFlashy
Rookie
And1: 363

Post#13 » by OlFlashy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:01 pm

dagger wrote:By the way, whoever is managing and coaching this team next year should demand that Turkuglu give up international play at the World Championships this summer. Actually, I'd demand he pass up the worlds this year, but he won't because they are in Istanbul, so the compromise is either international retirement after the worlds, or NBA retirement.

heh, how about starting right here and right now by sticking him to the bench?
Canucklehead
Veteran
And1: 23

Post#14 » by Canucklehead » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:04 pm

The thing that really pissed me off about last nights game and all games recently is how freaking nice everyone is when they're getting there asses handed to them. Someones at the free throw line there smiling and talking to the opponent about where to get there nails done and the latest gossip. It's not just Bosh who has possibly checked out it's damn near the entire team. Hell I'd go flagrant somebody just to get this team into a us vs them mentality. SOMEBODY START SOME ****
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,101

Post#15 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:05 pm

Scott Carefoot wrote:
darth_federer wrote:Grange is the best basketball writer in this city. I wish he blogged more.

I think it's probably better that he spreads his coverage around to other sports a little so that he doesn't get burnt out on this team. There's only so many ways you can point out the flaws in this team without sounding like a broken record.

Maybe you should do that with Raptorblog, Scott. Expand its scope to include a well-coached, well-put together team that tries hard every night.

Call it the RapRockblog or something.
dinosaur_dan
Pro Prospect
And1: 30

Post#16 » by dinosaur_dan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:13 pm

Canucklehead wrote:The thing that really pissed me off about last nights game and all games recently is how freaking nice everyone is when they're getting there asses handed to them. Someones at the free throw line there smiling and talking to the opponent about where to get there nails done and the latest gossip. It's not just Bosh who has possibly checked out it's damn near the entire team. Hell I'd go flagrant somebody just to get this team into a us vs them mentality. SOMEBODY START SOME ****

My high school games were rougher than some of these NBA games. Think you'll see a layup line against the Celtics? No way, cause the opposition is gonna be hitting the floor hard.
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,600

Post#17 » by dTox » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:30 pm

Andrea + Turk = 100 million dollars over the next 4-5 years
TBZ for the win
Fats Elmore
Senior
And1: 46

Post#18 » by Fats Elmore » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:35 pm

Canucklehead wrote:The thing that really pissed me off about last nights game and all games recently is how freaking nice everyone is when they're getting there asses handed to them. Someones at the free throw line there smiling and talking to the opponent about where to get there nails done and the latest gossip. It's not just Bosh who has possibly checked out it's damn near the entire team. Hell I'd go flagrant somebody just to get this team into a us vs them mentality. SOMEBODY START SOME ****

+1. Tired of this cussin' weak cussin' cuss cuss basketball.

Return to Toronto Raptors