ImageImageImageImageImage

Why Do Teams Have Different Caps?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

John F Kennedy
Rookie
And1: 266

Why Do Teams Have Different Caps? 

Post#1 » by John F Kennedy » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:17 pm

I just saw the maximum amount some teams can spend on player salaries. Like New York and Dallas can spend a lot more on player salaries per year than the Raptors. So i'm wondering what determines this Cap? Is it the organization's profits, or does the NBA set these numbers?

It almost seems like Miami can afford Wade, Bosh and Amare all on the same team, so if you really are a Raptors fan you will ask can Toronto do this as well?

Give a man a Gun and he can rob a Bank, give a man a Bank and he can rob the World

Members who have chickened out of Toronto's cold weather and harsh environment: Vince Carter, Marion, Bosh, Alonzo Mourning, Hedo Türkoğlu, Vernon Wells
Hobo Gonzolez
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Why Do Teams Have Different Caps? 

Post#2 » by Hobo Gonzolez » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:18 pm

John F Kennedy wrote:I just saw the maximum amount some teams can spend on player salaries. Like New York and Dallas can spend a lot more on player salaries per year than the Raptors. So i'm wondering what determines this Cap? Is it the organization's profits, or does the NBA set these numbers?

It almost seems like Miami can afford Wade, Bosh and Amare all on the same team, so if you really are a Raptors fan you will ask can Toronto do this as well?

Go read the CBA.
Seriously, I have no clue where to start with this post. Just leave knowing that there is no hard cap, that is why most teams spend over the cap.

Return to Toronto Raptors