Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 746

Re: The Jazz young player review 

Post#21 » by HadAnEffectHere » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:28 am

babyjax13 wrote:
HadAnEffectHere wrote:Update:

Ochai Agbaji: So bad offensively that he was traded to the Raptors with Olynyk for a late first. Shooting in senior year was completely fake, can't use any of his great tools because his handle was so bad. OK at defense, but needs to get back to being a 38-40% three point shooter to be a valuable NBA player. Will be out of the league in two years if his shooting is this bad moving forward.

Walker Kessler: Had an incredible rookie year followed by a really bad second year in which he was benched for John Collins (who lead the Jazz to the worst DRtg in NBA history). Extremely lacking in confidence and was so terrified of getting fouled that this badly affected his offense. Seems disliked by coach who views him as a dinosaur and tried to force him to shoot threes this year as coach hates non-shooters. Still has potential to be a top 15 center in the NBA if his coach plays drop coverage and if Kessler can improve his confidence and FT shooting.

Brice Sensabaugh: Benched in the G-League for his defense and really struggled in the NBA. Obviously has a deep bag and a lot of shooting talent, but just can't defend or get separation. Very out of shape and needs to massively improve his athleticism.

Taylor Hendricks: Tons of defensive talent and a good shooter. Lacks the explosion and strength to be a high level paint defender or scorer. Lacks handles to a viable perimeter player currently. Constantly criticized by Jazz insiders for not playing hard.

Keyonte George: A SG trying to transition over to PG, tried very hard but is very unnatural at his position. Average at best tools and handle. Relies massively on his 3P shot which needs to become elite for him to be a high level player in the NBA. Is apparently very smart in film study etc so is loved by Jazz coaches.

Out of curiosity, what insiders are saying Hendricks doesn't play hard/what are your sources? I thought his defense was promising, though he was far from my favorite player in the draft (I think I had him 11th on my board?).

https://youtu.be/8orxmxeqF7A?si=iY1kDdquckJAEHnX&t=290

Larsen and others haven't been in love this year.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,308

Re: The Jazz young player review 

Post#22 » by babyjax13 » Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:45 am

My ratings:

George: C+
He had moments where he looked really good, and those moments make me optimistic. He was also terribly inefficient and turnover prone.

Hendricks: C+
He has had some defensive flashes and the shot has improved, but he has not done anything that is indicative of something special. 9/6/1 on 48/40/81 shooting after the all-star break (23 games) is nice, though.

Sensabaugh: C
He showed us why he was drafted (scoring, shooting) and why he wasn't drafted higher (poor conditioning, terrible defense).

Kessler: C
Same player as last year with some additional struggles.

The rest are irrelevant.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Utah Jazz