Unrealistic Offseason Targets

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

bkohler
Rookie
And1: 466

Re: Unrealistic Offseason Targets 

Post#61 » by bkohler » Wed Apr 26, 2023 9:46 pm

Jiipee84 wrote:How about one or two of these guys.
Jaylen Brown
Anthony Davis
Kawhi Leonard
Devin Booker
Damian Lillard

If we're going unrealistic, Devin Booker would be my pick for that group. No real injury history, is under contract for a while, has good positional size, and is an excellent shooter. Seems like a great fit for any team.

I love Jaylen, but his complaints in Boston about the city's culture seem to be something that might preclude Utah from being a long-term destination for him. Kawhi is made of glass and is not the person to build a young team around. AD could be fun next to Lauri and Walker. We've gone twelve rounds on Damian as a board, but I think overall, the consensus is he's too old / has too large of a contract to give up a ton of assets for.

What about these guys? Who would you go after from this group?
Tyrese Haliburton
Jaren Jackson Jr
Paul George
Brandon Ingram
Jrue Holiday
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#62 » by zero24gravity » Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:21 pm

bkohler wrote:
Jaylen Brown
Anthony Davis
Kawhi Leonard
Devin Booker
Damian Lillard

If we're going unrealistic, Devin Booker would be my pick for that group. No real injury history, is under contract for a while, has good positional size, and is an excellent shooter. Seems like a great fit for any team.

I love Jaylen, but his complaints in Boston about the city's culture seem to be something that might preclude Utah from being a long-term destination for him. Kawhi is made of glass and is not the person to build a young team around. AD could be fun next to Lauri and Walker. We've gone twelve rounds on Damian as a board, but I think overall, the consensus is he's too old / has too large of a contract to give up a ton of assets for.

Tyrese Haliburton
Jaren Jackson Jr
Paul George
Brandon Ingram
Jrue Holiday

Agree on Kawhi, and same goes for Davis. Older, always injured players need not apply.

IMO Brown would theoretically be the best fit for the Jazz, if picking from that first group of players.

The 2nd group... if I had my choice of 2 of them for the Jazz, I'd take Haliburton & Jackson Jr. (Honorable mention to Ingram.)

This line-up would be super versatile, long, defensively awesome, but without lacking shooting/scoring:

Haliburton
Agbaji (I don't think Clarkson is coming back)
Markkanen
Jackson Jr.
Kessler

The bench would be up in the air (and depleted), since they'd probably have to trade some or all of; Sexton, Olynyk, THT + picks to get the 2 above-mentioned players. Still, would be a strong starting unit, and they'd probably have at least one 1st round rookie to add to the mix.

Unrealistic, but still fun to imagine.
Jiipee84
Pro Prospect
And1: 237

Post#63 » by Jiipee84 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 1:06 am

bkohler wrote:
Jaylen Brown
Anthony Davis
Kawhi Leonard
Devin Booker
Damian Lillard

Tyrese Haliburton
Jaren Jackson Jr
Paul George
Brandon Ingram
Jrue Holiday

If options would be those guys i would take Holiday,and George.
Jrue is allstar PG and can run offense, create himself and his teammates
he would be also good mentor for THT, Dunn,Sexton and Jazz rookie PG ( if Jazz drafts one ).

Dunn and Lauri played same time into Bulls with Jrue's older brother Justin so it would be great to see
how Lauri and Dunn clicks with Jrue but i doubt Bucks would trade him Jrue is their guy and that's how it should be,.

Paul George joined the club who's impressed on Lauri's improvement and said in his podcast Lauri should win MIP and it happened.
As a age 32 George wouldn't be too old and he would bring a lot experience and veteran leadership into young Jazz team.

George would be good mentor for Lauri he's played his whole career SF postion and he can give a lot good advices for Lauri
so George's joining to Jazz would put Lauri to PF but it doesnt matter because Lauri is played PF in NBA
and he is PF in Finnish national team Paul George could also take responsibility on Jazz scoring
especially nights when Lauri has off night or opposite team is guarding him tightly.

And of course George's veteran leaderhip would be very valuable to young Jazz team
But is George ready to leave LA's metropol and change it smaller market team that's the question.

Then few words of rest players

Jaren Jackson would awesome too
and he would be another shot blocking machine with Kessler but i don't see him leaving Memphis.

Tyrese Haliburton should be Jazz main trade target right now and as soon as draft night if possible.
Haliburton played allstar game this year and he's showing serious improvement and he will be one
candidate to MIP award next year but does Pacers have any interest to trade him that's the question.

Brandon Ingram should be good add too but in SG position and Clarkson's replacement.
Ingram would be good mentor for Agbaji and Sexton also his experience of NBA game is welcome need to young Jazz team.
Young team who's learning winning and being responsible pros do not never have too much veteran leadership and experience.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#64 » by pickIBL » Tue May 2, 2023 5:17 pm

Will Clyburn
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
zero24gravity
Sixth Man

Post#65 » by zero24gravity » Tue May 2, 2023 8:49 pm

Unrealistic ... Dillon Brooks.

Grizz aren't going to resign.

2 years ago, I would have loved the idea. Now, his production if far outweighed by his crazy (act?).
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,761

Post#66 » by AingesBurner » Wed May 3, 2023 4:28 am

zero24gravity wrote:Unrealistic ... Dillon Brooks.

2 years ago, I would have loved the idea. Now, his production if far outweighed by his crazy (act?).

Vet Min for 2 years? I’d do it.
Ingles is cooked.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man

Post#67 » by zero24gravity » Wed May 3, 2023 2:50 pm

AingesBurner wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:Unrealistic ... Dillon Brooks.

Vet Min for 2 years? I’d do it.

I'm not saying his skillset isn't desirable, for the right price. I just think his persona has made him very unlikely as a target for the Jazz.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,479

Post#68 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat May 6, 2023 12:35 pm

I love how this Doncic to the Jazz speculation is starting to spread. Been seeing it propagate online for a while now, and now even the General Board has a thread on it.

Another successful skunk-work by AingesBurner.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#69 » by AingesBurner » Sat May 6, 2023 4:10 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:I love how this Doncic to the Jazz speculation is starting to spread. Been seeing it propagate online for a while now, and now even the General Board has a thread on it.

Just speaking it into existence :lol:
Ingles is cooked.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#70 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat May 6, 2023 9:04 pm

AingesBurner wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:I love how this Doncic to the Jazz speculation is starting to spread. Been seeing it propagate online for a while now, and now even the General Board has a thread on it.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#71 » by AingesBurner » Sat May 6, 2023 10:07 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
AingesBurner wrote:

:lol: dying
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#72 » by AingesBurner » Wed May 10, 2023 4:13 am

Go to the Celtics page and read their trade ideas for Markkanen and Kessler, both unrealistic and laughable.
Ingles is cooked.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 557

Post#73 » by ForeverRDjazz » Sat May 13, 2023 8:06 pm

AingesBurner wrote:Go to the Celtics page and read their trade ideas for Markkanen and Kessler, both unrealistic and laughable.

I seen some offers they were talking about and thinking NO FREAKING way in hell. :crazy:
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#74 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun May 14, 2023 10:54 pm

I'm adding Ja Morant to the list.

AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#75 » by AingesBurner » Mon May 15, 2023 4:44 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:I'm adding Ja Morant to the list.

I love firearms but this guy is like nitroglycerin, he’s unstable.
Ingles is cooked.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#76 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon May 15, 2023 8:15 am

AingesBurner wrote:

Yeah, no issue with him having a gun, assuming it's through legal means, but how stupid do you have to be to flash it on IG Live twice after you were warned and disciplined for exactly that just a few months ago? Have as many guns as you want but at least be smart about it.

AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#77 » by AingesBurner » Mon May 15, 2023 4:31 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
AingesBurner wrote:

Yeah, no issue with him having a gun, assuming it's through legal means, but how stupid do you have to be to flash it on IG Live twice after you were warned and disciplined for exactly that just a few months ago? Have as many guns as you want but at least be smart about it.

Exactly. If you want to show your guns then at least be at shooting range and employ proper safety measures.
Ingles is cooked.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,028

Post#78 » by SoCalJazzFan » Tue May 23, 2023 11:01 pm

If Jaylen Brown were to become available for trade, is he the guy that we push the chips to the center of the table for and pay him a supermax contract?

He certainly fits a position of need and is a good two-way player, but I'm not sold on giving a 5 year supermax to him given his personality and production.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#79 » by AingesBurner » Wed May 24, 2023 2:45 am

SoCalJazzFan wrote:If Jaylen Brown were to become available for trade, is he the guy that we push the chips to the center of the table for and pay him a supermax contract?

He certainly fits a position of need and is a good two-way player, but I'm not sold on giving a 5 year supermax to him given his personality and production.

If he doesn’t like Boston then I’m not sure he will like Utah. There is a reason Utah is targeting Luka.
Ingles is cooked.
BigJimFinn
Junior
And1: 350

Post#80 » by BigJimFinn » Wed May 24, 2023 10:45 am

SoCalJazzFan wrote:If Jaylen Brown were to become available for trade, is he the guy that we push the chips to the center of the table for and pay him a supermax contract?

No thanks. Ignoring the possible personal fit issues, his game isn't worth the supermax. That needs to be reserved for guys who are proven to be effective in the primary scorer/playmaker role. Brown's ballhandling and passing aren't good enough for that role, and he may not have a No.1 mentality, either. He hasn't really impressed consistently even in the No.2 role. Very good player, but not a leading guy for a contender, and not good value on the supermax, if we imagine a future trade for That Guy.

Return to Utah Jazz