Matthews signs a 5 year $34 million offer sheet (Portland)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

CarrKeefe
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Matthews signs a 5 year $34 million offer sheet (Portland) 

Post#121 » by CarrKeefe » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:12 am

I love Wesley, he's a very skilled player on both ends of the floor and is the ultimate Jazz player. Works hard, doesn't say much, and gets the job done. However if he leaves, it will just be another case of a player chasing money instead of opportunity and he'll end up like Shandon Anderson, Eisley, and so on. Players fail to see what the Jazz system offers them and how it made them who they were.
Ripcity4life
Analyst
And1: 218

Post#122 » by Ripcity4life » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:31 am

Last night i told a fellow Blazer fan to chill out but dang ... you guys are such act like babies it's not even funny. I realize ALL fans whine and moan but you guys should go pro. Just think the Blazers are still screwing with you guys WITHOUT a GM.

I am done so utah MOD do not bother warning me i am done reading your fans act like little whiny babies.

I am willing to send a crate of pacifiers for all you fans for Matthews because you need those more then you need him on the Jazz.

CYA ... now grow up
CarrKeefe
Sophomore

Post#123 » by CarrKeefe » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:43 am

Ripcity4life wrote:Last night i told a fellow Blazer fan to chill out but dang ... you guys are such act like babies it's not even funny. I realize ALL fans whine and moan but you guys should go pro. Just think the Blazers are still screwing with you guys WITHOUT a GM.

I am done so utah MOD do not bother warning me i am done reading your fans act like little whiny babies.

I am willing to send a crate of pacifiers for all you fans for Matthews because you need those more then you need him on the Jazz.

CYA ... now grow up

:rofl:

Thanks. Stay in school, and listen to your parents.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,300

Post#124 » by babyjax13 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:46 am

Ripcity4life wrote:Last night i told a fellow Blazer fan to chill out but dang ... you guys are such act like babies it's not even funny. I realize ALL fans whine and moan but you guys should go pro. Just think the Blazers are still screwing with you guys WITHOUT a GM.

CYA ... now grow up

Before you piss yourself why don't you imagine being in the reverse situation.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
HammerDunk
Lead Assistant

Post#125 » by HammerDunk » Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:48 am

CYA ... now grow up

Stick your pacifiers up your ass. DBag.
Word is, South Beach is ecstatic that they
won't be seeing Millsaps talents again this season...
sabi
Lead Assistant
And1: 27

Post#126 » by sabi » Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:29 am

so much hate in here lol
DByrne86
Pro Prospect
And1: 101

Post#127 » by DByrne86 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:02 am

There's a reason the Blazers had so many injuries lat year and have missed out on Jordan and Durant. It's called karma, but it appears they still haven't learned a damn thing.
Gothapotamus
Sophomore

Post#128 » by Gothapotamus » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:04 am

DByrne86 wrote:There's a reason the Blazers had so many injuries lat year and have missed out on Jordan and Durant. It's called karma, but it appears they still haven't learned a damn thing.

Give me a break... grow up, it's freakin' basketball.
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#129 » by The59Sound » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:30 am

Tend to agree with that. There's no correlation between Portland's shadiness and their lack of success. They made a bad pick with Oden; it wasn't ordained by the universe.
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
EGame
Head Coach
And1: 264

Post#130 » by EGame » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:35 am

I think both fanbases are acting pathetic.

With that said, remember who gave you Deron Williams for a bag of chips? Yeah, we are the reason you turned it around, if anything you should bow to the Blazers.
GP
Pro Prospect

Post#131 » by GP » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:49 am

EGame wrote:I think both fanbases are acting pathetic.

With that said, remember who gave you Deron Williams for a bag of chips? Yeah, we are the reason you turned it around, if anything you should bow to the Blazers.

haha, true. Portland can keep trying to take our role players, I will always remember them as the team that allowed the Jazz to choose between CP3 and DW.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#132 » by Shem » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:01 am

The59Sound wrote:
Shem wrote:
MeestR wrote:gotta hate bullies. you can never tell if they are sincere. only a matter of time before they turn into the jail-blazers again. all bullies end up there eventually.

Portland getting under your skin a bit? :lol: I love it when rival fans get upset with another team enough to get to a point where they talk out their asses. :D

Don't worry; you only upset us in the off-season, since we dominate you just about every time we play.

Your memory is pretty short. You only dominated last season. We'll see how well you guys do this upcoming season when our team is healthy and how you deal with the loss of Boozer, etc.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#133 » by Shem » Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:05 am

DByrne86 wrote:There's a reason the Blazers had so many injuries lat year and have missed out on Jordan and Durant. It's called karma, but it appears they still haven't learned a damn thing.

Oh, you want to talk history of our franchise. At least our franchise has won an NBA championship unlike your franchise. 1998 was the closest your team will ever get to it EVER!

Talk about... what was that word you use? Oh, yeah... KARMA!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ur9StJn0YK4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1dV30dNZCQ[/youtube]
Reckless
Analyst
And1: 564

Post#134 » by Reckless » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:25 am

Why would you follow up the Jordan shot with a video of the 92 WCF? Didn't you fall victim to Jordan as well in 92? I don't know I guess I don't see the point in all those going back and forth non sense
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#135 » by DaVoiceMaster » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:24 am

Blazer fans ...

Get out of here. Knock off all this smack talking on their board. If you wanna talk crap, do it on the Blazer board, but don't come into their house, knowing they're upset about this latest FA signing, particularly after last summer's FA signing and expect them to be civil. Frankly, I'm surprised a Utah Mod hasn't put y'all in your place already. I would have if the roles were reversed and on the Portland board. Let's just wait and see how this plays out before you start talking smack. Now that's I've done my mod thing, I'll put my 2 cents in on this situation...

Someone mentioned the Milsap thing last summer and how Milsap hadn't even met with the Blazers. That's true. I think the Blazers were interested in Milsap, but knew they couldn't get him so they stuck it to Utah a bit by offering that contract. If Utah didn't match, then they would have been happy to get him, but since Utah did match, I imagine they were still happy because they kinda stuck it to a Division rival. As for Matthews, I think the Blazers do actually want the kid to play for them. That's been speculated for a week or two now and knowing they can only offer the MLE, they probably figured Utah would match it so they had to do something that would make it more difficult for Utah to match and that is why it's a full MLE, 5 year contract, with no option and is front loaded. Honestly, I don't know much about the kid other than I hear he works hard, plays pretty good defense and has a nice shot. Sounds like he'd fit perfectly in Portland seeing how they are getting rid of all of their shooters from last season (for the most part). They already traded Blake & Outlaw last year, Webster during the draft and I don't think it's any secret they plan to move Rudy. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they moved Bayless, as well if they are able to sign Matthews and these rookies pan out during Summer League and Training Camp. Maybe we can work out some kind of a deal to send you Rudy and Bayless for a TPE, hahahahaha.

Good luck this summer guys cuz I won't be wishing you luck come November!!!
DaVoiceMaster
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
12/27/2017 - 01/03/2018
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#136 » by carrottop12 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:53 pm

DaVoiceMaster wrote:Blazer fans ...

Get out of here. Knock off all this smack talking on their board. If you wanna talk crap, do it on the Blazer board, but don't come into their house, knowing they're upset about this latest FA signing, particularly after last summer's FA signing and expect them to be civil. Frankly, I'm surprised a Utah Mod hasn't put y'all in your place already. I would have if the roles were reversed and on the Portland board. Let's just wait and see how this plays out before you start talking smack. Now that's I've done my mod thing, I'll put my 2 cents in on this situation...

Someone mentioned the Milsap thing last summer and how Milsap hadn't even met with the Blazers. That's true. I think the Blazers were interested in Milsap, but knew they couldn't get him so they stuck it to Utah a bit by offering that contract. If Utah didn't match, then they would have been happy to get him, but since Utah did match, I imagine they were still happy because they kinda stuck it to a Division rival. As for Matthews, I think the Blazers do actually want the kid to play for them. That's been speculated for a week or two now and knowing they can only offer the MLE, they probably figured Utah would match it so they had to do something that would make it more difficult for Utah to match and that is why it's a full MLE, 5 year contract, with no option and is front loaded. Honestly, I don't know much about the kid other than I hear he works hard, plays pretty good defense and has a nice shot. Sounds like he'd fit perfectly in Portland seeing how they are getting rid of all of their shooters from last season (for the most part). They already traded Blake & Outlaw last year, Webster during the draft and I don't think it's any secret they plan to move Rudy. I actually wouldn't be surprised if they moved Bayless, as well if they are able to sign Matthews and these rookies pan out during Summer League and Training Camp. Maybe we can work out some kind of a deal to send you Rudy and Bayless for a TPE, hahahahaha.

**** you.
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#137 » by The59Sound » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:27 pm

ut_jazz wrote:Why would you follow up the Jordan shot with a video of the 92 WCF? Didn't you fall victim to Jordan as well in 92? I don't know I guess I don't see the point in all those going back and forth non sense

I thought that was funny too. Couldn't he have dug up some Bill Walton footage?
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
DaVoiceMaster
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,083

Post#138 » by DaVoiceMaster » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:50 pm

Bat wrote:
DaVoiceMaster wrote:Blazer fans ...

**** you.

You're welcome!
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#139 » by The Sheik » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:54 pm

Does this make a difference in the matthews deal?

Siler reports that:

Total value of the deal: $32.5 million over five years, $5.692 million signing bonus, $9.14 million upfront.

Matthews' base salary is $4.626 million, $4.996 million, $5.366 million, $5.736 million and $6.107 million.
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#140 » by DelaneyRudd » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:01 pm

Yes it does make a difference, but not enough likely. The more time goes by the more I am fine with letting him eat up Portland space.

Return to Utah Jazz