Conservative mentatlity of the UJ

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

ColdBlue
Assistant Coach
And1: 16

Re: Conservative mentatlity of the UJ 

Post#41 » by ColdBlue » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:19 am

DByrne86 wrote:This thread was the perfect reverse jinx. Thanks OP.

This trade has certainly given my perspective a little sunshine through the clouds. I'll admit, I'm excited to see AJ in a Jazz jersey and it shows that the FO is still in the game. I'm still upset about losing Wes, especially if it was some sort of oversight, but if we can sign Brew, then all is forgiven and my outlook on this team will be a :D
nyjazz
Senior
And1: 0

Post#42 » by nyjazz » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:30 am

I think the FO did exactly the right thing this offseason and last year. Faced with Boozer opting in and Blazers going after Millsap, they locked up Memo and painfully matched Millsap to keep the core covered. Then they shrewdly signed Matthews allowing Brewer to be traded and they dropped Maynor, while piling on TPEs giving flexibility. I would bet that they already had a number of targets like AJ in mind when making these moves. For sure they he'd no intention of matching Booz and thee knew that Korver was difficult to keep. I think with Memo going down, it made their patience more risky but they didn't do anything dumb but rather took theirntime for the right opportunity and hit a home run with AJ. The only miss is that Matthews contract is too richmto match, otherwise it would be an awesome off reason.

Seriously, with Memo, AJ, Fes, Millsap and AK, we are big and match pup well on D with most contenders and can wreck havoc on O. We are a strong SG and health from being contenders. Maybe swinging for the fences with Rip?
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Post#43 » by StocktonShorts » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:33 am

nyjazz wrote: Maybe swinging for the fences with Rip?

Rip's contract makes Matthews' offer sheet look like a bargain.

Return to Utah Jazz