Fisher is such a Weasel

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

finnegan
Banned User
And1: 6

Fisher is such a Weasel 

Post#1 » by finnegan » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:11 pm

"I am confident I will continue to lead this team on and off the court. Let the hunt for six begin."

Uhhm. OK. Lead them in what? Being the lowest paid starter on the team?

While this may not be the most lucrative contract I've been offered this offseason, it is the most valuable.

Is the vet minimum offer from Miami more lucrative than the $2.5 million offer from the Lakers? Oh well, what is a little white lie.
DevilsAdv
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Fisher is such a Weasel 

Post#2 » by DevilsAdv » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:49 am

finnegan wrote:
"I am confident I will continue to lead this team on and off the court. Let the hunt for six begin."

Uhhm. OK. Lead them in what? Being the lowest paid starter on the team?

While this may not be the most lucrative contract I've been offered this offseason, it is the most valuable.

Is the vet minimum offer from Miami more lucrative than the $2.5 million offer from the Lakers? Oh well, what is a little white lie.

You're making the assumption that he only got offered a deal from the Heat and Lakers. I think there are more than two teams in the NBA who would love his leadership.
Sloanfeld
Banned User

Post#3 » by Sloanfeld » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:00 am

Get over it.
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Post#4 » by StocktonShorts » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:03 am

Sloanfeld wrote:Get over it.

Says the man with the Fisher Lied girls in his sig :D
Sloanfeld
Banned User

Post#5 » by Sloanfeld » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:35 am

I've stated many times my position on the whole thing, that I don't think he lied.
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by StocktonShorts » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:40 am

Sloanfeld wrote:I've stated many times my position on the whole thing, that I don't think he lied.

I figured as much.. it just looked funny.

Claiming he lied was a bit of a stretch; trying to find something to criticize about him returning to LA this offseason is a massive reach.
seejaydeja
Lead Assistant
And1: 53

Post#7 » by seejaydeja » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:44 am

Lock this **** please.
finnegan
Banned User

Post#8 » by finnegan » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:52 am

DevilsAdv wrote:You're making the assumption that he only got offered a deal from the Heat and Lakers. I think there are more than two teams in the NBA who would love his leadership.

I'll admit I'm bitter, and it was probably to the Jazz's benefit that Fisher left (i.e. Wesley Mathews PT).

However; I'll respond to your two points:

1) The market is pretty open now days. If another team had made Fisher a more lucrative offer than than the Lakers, then I beleive it would have made the news. The fact that Fisher always has to set himself up to look like a great guy, just seems really pretentious to me. (i.e., 1) leaving the Jazz to join the Laker for his daughter, and 2) signing with the Lakers because it was his highest offer but stating otherwise),

2) It always stuns me when a player from their unsolicited comittee of one, declares themselves as the team leader. My question was somewhat serious. Leader of what??? On the court he is not anywhere as good as Kobe, Bynum, Gasol, or Odom, and no one looks to him to be a major contributor on the floor. Off the court, there are a few dents in the armor. So what is it he is leading.

Of course this was a waste of both our time (my writing and your reading), as Fisher is not a terrible person, but he is not the greatest guy in the world either.
HammerDunk
Lead Assistant

Post#9 » by HammerDunk » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:03 am

I have been a major Fisher hater since he left, but I actually respect him for sticking with the Lakers on this one. He wasn't wooed to the Heat like a childish school-girl batting eyes at "the king". When all is said and done, Fisher will have more of a legacy than Lebron in my eyes. Bron bron basically sold his soul to the devil, as far as I'm concerned.
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by StocktonShorts » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:04 am

And you can't deny that the dude stepped up big time in the playoffs this year. I have no doubt he's a big part of the leadership of that team. I think everything he said above was classy and professional.
finnegan
Banned User

Post#11 » by finnegan » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:38 am

HammerDunk wrote:I have been a major Fisher hater since he left, but I actually respect him for sticking with the Lakers on this one. He wasn't wooed to the Heat like a childish school-girl batting eyes at "the king". When all is said and done, Fisher will have more of a legacy than Lebron in my eyes. Bron bron basically sold his soul to the devil, as far as I'm concerned.

That sentiment towards LeBron seems to be more common than I expected.

However; I feel that it was more of a matter of LeBron not playing his cards very well.

1) It was foolish to go down the route of "the decision." It's like breaking up with a girl and making her look stupid on National television. Wasn't he concerned at all about the feelings of the Clevelan fans?
2) Wade and Bosh were well coached and I think their advisors played LeBron pretty well.
a. Bosh saying that he preferred NOT to play in Cleveland.
b. Wade acting sincerely interested in Chicago.
c. Then BOOM Wade and Bosh annoucing the day before "the decision" their intention to sign with Miami.

What was LeBron going to do? Go back to Cleveland and get knocked out of the playoffs by Miami. After making such a big deal about "the decision", I think that LeBron had to go the direction that he did. However, I think he was more like a foolish teenager, than a scheme-ing manipulator.
finnegan
Banned User

Post#12 » by finnegan » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:44 am

HappyProle wrote:And you can't deny that the dude stepped up big time in the playoffs this year. I have no doubt he's a big part of the leadership of that team. I think everything he said above was classy and professional.

Yeah I think that in game 5 (if I remember correctly) he was a difference maker at the end of the game. I just think he is phony and pretentious, and that he is kinda like Kevin McHale where the truth is irrelevant in their mind depending on the situation.

That being said, throwing down the gauntlet is kind of interesting (the championship 6 comment). If you think about it, is Miami really going to blow away the Lakers. My geuss is that Miami is really going to struggle with Gasol and Bynum, and that Miami doesn't have anymore money to reasonably fill that hole.
HammerDunk
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by HammerDunk » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:00 am

Nonetheless, Lebron will never have the legend the likes of Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kobe (I know, I know, but it's true), and plenty of other superstars that played for teams their whole lives and were able to make it to the top. There is just something extraordinary about a player that stays with one team his whole life and is able to be the best in their sport at the same time.
Word is, South Beach is ecstatic that they
won't be seeing Millsaps talents again this season...
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#14 » by The59Sound » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:29 pm

I agree that Fisher's modesty rings false. With regard to how he left, it was probably bull, but in that situation, a father deserves the benefit of the doubt, so it always irks me to see the "Fisher Lied" signage.
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#15 » by BarneyGumble » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:46 pm

Fisher sucks.
gojazzmjsucks
Rookie

Post#16 » by gojazzmjsucks » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:36 pm

Fisher stays with the Team that drafted him and shows that LA is really his home. I respect that.
detroitboy416
Ballboy

Post#17 » by detroitboy416 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:57 pm

DWill_daShizzle wrote:Fisher sucks.

so does ur mom :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#18 » by BarneyGumble » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:51 pm

detroitboy416 wrote:

Lucky your mom does, too....how else would the bread get on your table in the city plagued with the failed auto industry?
HammerDunk
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by HammerDunk » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:11 am

DWill_daShizzle wrote:
detroitboy416 wrote:

Lucky your mom does, too....how else would the bread get on your table in the city plagued with the failed auto industry?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Return to Utah Jazz