TWolves Trade?

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Preferred Trade with TWolves

Poll ended at Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:13 pm

TPE for Jefferson + Memphis Pick + Future 1st (Top 10 protected) (assumed)
75%
TPE + Miles for Jefferson + Sessions + Memphis Pick (proposed)
10%
No Trade - Dont Need Jefferson
15%

Total votes: 20

maccca32
Sophomore
And1: 0

TWolves Trade? 

Post#1 » by maccca32 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:13 pm

Reports are that Minny is about to sign Ridnour so I guess they wouldnt mind moving Sessions also.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38215737/ ... ayer_news/

He would solidify our backup PG, while not a priority, certainly needs to be upgraded.

I dont feel any love for CJ at all. Personally I would like them to trade Miles for whatever we can get and I think Sessions is a good get.

Our SG position would be none existant, not to mention our 3 point shooting (except Deron and Okur) but wing position is the easiest position to fill and we would still have our full MLE and BAE and a Harps and Maynor TPE left.

PG Williams Sessions Price
SG
SF Kirilenko Hayward
PF Millsap *
C Jefferson Okur Koufos

*Obviously both AK and Jefferson can backups at the 4 spot.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Re: TWolves Trade 

Post#2 » by CAE15 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:17 pm

poor options. and hell no I dont want CJ in as a throw in. Look around the team who can shoot? CJ is one of the few shooters we have left not to mention he played pretty well against the lakers and his defense is improving. Not to mention the bargain contract he has right now compared to what these other guys are getting. That being said I am a CJ homer but hell no I will be livid if we include CJ.
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Re: TWolves Trade? 

Post#3 » by The59Sound » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:20 pm

CJ Miles gets way, way, way too much love on here. But I still wouldn't even consider that trade. Given our swing position right now, it's a terrible idea to trade our probable starter for a back-up point guard.
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
Xanthis
Junior
And1: 2

Post#4 » by Xanthis » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:30 pm

I know we need a backup PG but like your lineup shows we have no SG and CJ can play a little 2. Also we still have our MLE to get a backup PG. I say keep CJ since his contract is so affordable.
Wolves Rube
Freshman

Post#5 » by Wolves Rube » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:22 pm

How about this deal?

MN Out
Jefferson
Sessions
Brewer

MN IN
TPE for Jefferson
CJ Miles
Memphis pick
future 1st (top 10 protected)

Brewer would add an athlete to your roster and give you solid mins at SG/SF position. Also, the Jazz would be best suited using Al Jeff as a 4, not a 5. His natural position is PF and he struggles playing defense against most of the NBA true centers.
C.lupus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,832

Post#6 » by C.lupus » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:33 pm

Wolves Rube wrote:How about this deal?

MN Out
Jefferson
Sessions
Brewer

MN IN
TPE for Jefferson
CJ Miles
Memphis pick
future 1st (top 10 protected)

Brewer would add an athlete to your roster and give you solid mins at SG/SF position. Also, the Jazz would be best suited using Al Jeff as a 4, not a 5. His natural position is PF and he struggles playing defense against most of the NBA true centers.

So basically, you're taking the Jefferson trade and adding Sessions + Brewer for Miles? Utah would need to add something else.
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#7 » by The59Sound » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:38 pm

I agree with that. Wolves aren't getting fair value there (plus, I don't know if the salaries match). And, as a Jazz fan, even knowing the Wolves are giving up too much, I still wouldn't do that trade from our perspective.
The Sheik
General Manager

Post#8 » by The Sheik » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:48 pm

Ramon Sessions is not a fit for the Jazz at PG. No thanks. Rather keep CJ.
Mr Dew
Sophomore

Post#9 » by Mr Dew » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:51 pm

Wolves fan here... maybe someone can clarify how the TPE works, but I heard that only one player can be sent to the team using the TPE. If this is true, then the trade options including Sessions and/or Brewer don't exist and we're looking at TPE plus picks. If this is inaccurate, then I wouldn't mind the larger package mentioned above that sends Al, Sessions and Brewer to Utah.
Wolves Rube
Freshman

Post#10 » by Wolves Rube » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:06 pm

Mr Dew wrote:Wolves fan here... maybe someone can clarify how the TPE works, but I heard that only one player can be sent to the team using the TPE. If this is true, then the trade options including Sessions and/or Brewer don't exist and we're looking at TPE plus picks. If this is inaccurate, then I wouldn't mind the larger package mentioned above that sends Al, Sessions and Brewer to Utah.

Looks like you're right, Dew. I know Wikipedia shouldn't be considered a fool-proof authority, but it does indicate that the TPE can be used for only single player trades only. The Wolves would have to have a separate deal in place for Sessions if they plan to dump him. As a Wolves fan, I'd like to see us pick up a young, promising shooting guard. I see Sessions/Brewer as our most valuable assets after Al is traded. (assuming we want to keep KLove) - Sorry Jazz Board for such a Wolves centric message. Any interest in Brewer for Miles/pick?
outerspacefella
Analyst
And1: 73

Post#11 » by outerspacefella » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:48 pm

I understand that you can use a TPE to trade for one or more than one player as long as the added salaries of the players are below the TPE number; what you can't do is tu sum TPEs together to trade for one or more players wihose salary or salary(s) is(are) more than a single TPE number...
Colby
Junior
And1: 1

Post#12 » by Colby » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:53 pm

I don't really think C. Brewer would warrant MIles PLUS a pick.

As a long time Miles-hater, I really hope we hold onto him and give him one last shot this year because of his mostly stellar play in the playoffs, and his EFFORT on defense. He's shown that he's willing to work, and what is he, 23? Keep him around, he's definitely (slowly, but surely) improving.

If we DO get Jefferson, this FINALLY gives us 3 scorers. Millsap will be a DAMN legit 3rd option, something we've been missing for a good while now (Okur just never fit well next to Booz).

Getting giddy now...I hope he can defend NBA centers decent enough. Amundson to back him and Sap up would be incredibly awesome.
Sundog
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#13 » by Sundog » Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:41 pm

Colby wrote:Getting giddy now...I hope he can defend NBA centers decent enough. Amundson to back him and Sap up would be incredibly awesome.

Wolves fan here... you guys are getting a great low-post offensive option, and a great locker room guy. Big Al will be another year back from his knee injury, so should be closer to his near-All Star form from a couple of years ago -- a solid 20/10 guy every night for us. A couple of things to keep in mind -- Al hasn't mastered passing out of the low post, and tends to be a black hole once the ball goes to him down there. The other thing... don't expect much from him in the way of defense. He's better in that category than we gave him credit for here, but it's not a part of the game that comes naturally to him or that he works very hard at.
Paper Face
Pro Prospect
And1: 101

Post#14 » by Paper Face » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:21 pm

I don't care how bad AJ's defense is. If he averages more than one block per game he will be five times the paint presence that Boozer ever was or ever will be.

This is one of the best scenarios that could have happened to the Jazz. Boozer isn't even a true low post scorer... he has more of an outside game & he doesn't like contact. Jefferson is a legitimate low post threat topped by only a handfull of stars in this league.
sipclip - "Even though I love what I have seen from Mitchell if you were to ask anyone if they would rather have Booker and the 24th pick or Mitchell they would all take Booker and the pick."

Return to Utah Jazz