Yahoo: Jefferson to Jazz done for 2 1sts and Trade Exception

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,299

Re: Yahoo: Jefferson to Jazz done for 2 1sts and Trade Exception 

Post#41 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:24 pm

Ooops... : )

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
stevebozell
Starter
And1: 0

Post#42 » by stevebozell » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:24 pm

LjJazzman wrote:awesome.

So we traded Brewer, for AL jefferson and then get brewer back for cheaper? Couple awesome trades

We atually traded Boozer, Brewer, and 2 firsts for him.
ColdBlue wrote:I think NJN should go to the cave and whip up a Sloan + NJN + anal lube = Championship sig.
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#43 » by DelaneyRudd » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:25 pm

Compared to Memo? I think they still resign Fes to the min. Can Fes still accept the QO?
Wolves Rube
Freshman

Post#44 » by Wolves Rube » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:26 pm

rmdlwajazz wrote:
I think Paul Milsap filled in admirably in Boozer's absence, so Jefferson wasn't that desperately needed.

How many times does it need to be stated that Jefferson is coming to play CENTER not PF!

That is a crazy misuse of this skill set. He is a PF, not a center. Only used at center because of our lack of a quality center plus having Love on our team.

Sloan is a brilliant coach and I'm sure he will make this happen. I wouldn't be surprised to see Al guard the PF on D and play the post on offense. This is where he will excel the most!

Good luck next year guys! You'll enjoy Al - he's a great, team guy!! We'll miss him in Minny!
We have to do the impossible, but it is possible.
Kevin Garnett
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod

Post#45 » by DelaneyRudd » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:27 pm

stevebozell wrote:

So we traded Brewer, for AL jefferson and then get brewer back for cheaper? Couple awesome trades

They didn't trade Boozer, he left. Jefferson replaces Boozer though.
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod

Post#46 » by DelaneyRudd » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:28 pm

Sloan always uses PFs at Center. Always.
stevebozell
Starter

Post#47 » by stevebozell » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:32 pm

DelaneyRudd wrote:
stevebozell wrote:

They didn't trade Boozer, he left. Jefferson replaces Boozer though.

He got to choose, but we still traded him. If we didnt, and didnt get the exception, we wouldnt be getting Al.
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#48 » by BarneyGumble » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:32 pm

DelaneyRudd wrote:Sloan always uses PFs at Center. Always.

Thats because we've never had a center except for Mark Eaton. Oh yeah we had Ostertag and right as he was getting good Sloan threw him in the dog house and ruined his confidence and trade value...
prefuse73
Sixth Man
And1: 44

Post#49 » by prefuse73 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:37 pm

Another minny fan...

This is a rare trade where both teams improve because of it. For Minnesota, we are now dedicated to an up tempo / triangle team with lots of ball movement and running (two things Al is not particualarly suited for) and we clear the way for Love and now Beasley to become the top options.

For the Jazz, its all about the playoffs. It will be great to see how he Big Al does. I feel like he will be an absolute monster in the slower paced, half court game the playoffs tend to become. He will win you games when it counts... Minnesota just didn't have many of those when he was here.

Good luck!
El_Lobo_3
Junior

Post#50 » by El_Lobo_3 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:40 pm

Big Al will be awwesssssssome with you guys. He needed badly to be the 2nd best player and will do a great job in Utah. It sucks you have to be in the same division but I'll secretly be rooting like crazy for Al and you guys when we don't play lol. He is a great guy, great team player, and still growing as a player. Best of luck with him!
"I need some Spanish. How do I say, Ricky please come to Minnesota, play PG for us PLEASE? AND has anyone ever told you that you sound like the lucky charms guy? Imagine his assists are the cereal and we all want his lucky charms" -Kevin Love
Mahoney_jr
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#51 » by Mahoney_jr » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:51 pm

Congrats guys. I'm so happy for Big Al that he can play for a really good team.

But you have to be patient. Even though Al is one of the most talented scorers in the post and is able to produce big numbers in PTS, REB and BLK, he is not a great fit in a motion offense yet. He'll have to learn a lot but I'm sure he'll put the work into it.
outerspacefella
Analyst
And1: 73

Post#52 » by outerspacefella » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:52 pm

I'm pretty sure if prior to midseason tradeline Jazz would have traded Boozer, Brewer, Maynor, Harpring expiring and a first rounder for Jefferson, most fans would have been kind of sad about it.
Howeve, given the circumstances and parameters he works with, I think KOC has done a very good job... and he still have some pieces to maneuver with.... let's see how all this thing ends up by february deadline...
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,728

Post#53 » by Nate505 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:01 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
DelaneyRudd wrote:If Boozer was the 4th quarter Center, why would they take a guy who has actually played center for 6 years and have him play PF?

Becuase it was very obvious that he was out of position when playing larger centers like Tyson Chandler, Samuel Dalembert, Yao Ming, etc.

Jefferson has absolutely dominated Ming in his career. That's one beautiful part of this trade.
HolyToledo
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#54 » by HolyToledo » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:07 pm

outerspacefella wrote:I'm pretty sure if prior to midseason tradeline Jazz would have traded Boozer, Brewer, Maynor, Harpring expiring and a first rounder for Jefferson, most fans would have been kind of sad about it.
Howeve, given the circumstances and parameters he works with, I think KOC has done a very good job... and he still have some pieces to maneuver with.... let's see how all this thing ends up by february deadline...

Not me..this was the type of trade I was looking for at the trading deadline but more in the range of Biedrens and Maggette or Jefferson and sessions etc. The Jazz would have gotten more at the trading deadline.
Top 4 seed in the West!!! Guaranteed!!!
JockRider
Bench Warmer

Post#55 » by JockRider » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:15 pm

Greg Millers latest tweet:

Things are progressing. Hope to announce by 6pm (assuming there are no snags). Thanks for your patience and support.
enuggz
Starter
And1: 5

Post#56 » by enuggz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:17 pm

Great pickup, I miss watching Al play but glad he'll be with a PG like Deron.
Bac2Basics wrote:*Documentary Voice*
The lockout affected them all a little differently, a couple of them went completely stark raving nuts.
Scalamental
Sixth Man
And1: 146

Post#57 » by Scalamental » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:17 pm

Great move guys, I can't wait to see al on a team with a legit allstar pg who can shoot.

also: jerry sloan >>>>>>>> kurt rambis

especially for big al.

I'm so glad big al's out of minny, that place is like Cleveland's slightly better looking, but still as unsuccessful cousin.
dosborn_11
Ballboy

Post#58 » by dosborn_11 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:27 pm

Does anyone have the text for Hollinger's article on the trade?
cpfsf
General Manager
And1: 1,104
Location: sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell

Post#59 » by cpfsf » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:33 pm

I thought some here would have liked this picture of Boozer (with the horns around his head), but it seems not too many people here are angry at him which is actually a good thing, but I still thought it was funny. Well, here's what your getting with Jefferson (he's on a 2:00)...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyc5jWjiRxM&feature=related[/youtube]

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/Al_Jefferson_to_Hold_Charity_Y-090729.html

Al Jefferson, star of the NBA's Minnesota Timberwolves, will host an assortment of charity events in his hometown of Prentiss, Mississippi during the last week of July. He will kick off the week with his first annual Charity Basketball Camp for Prentiss youth and end the week with the Al Jefferson Family Fun Day.

Al Jefferson grew up in the small town of Prentiss, Miss., and wanted to help encourage and empower the young people of this small community to work hard, follow their dreams, and provide them with basketball skills in the process. "I have been so blessed in my life, and I wanted to give back to the community that raised me," Al said. "I hope these camps will be the beginning of an annual event to help the Prentiss community."

The charity basketball camps will be free of charge and are designed to reinforce the fundamentals of basketball and to encourage young people through sports. Al's NBA friends Tony Allen of the Boston Celtics, and former Timberwolves teammates Sebastian Telfair and Rashad McCants, will be flying in to Al's hometown to help coach the kids from Prentiss.

I don't know how old the story is, but just wanted to show you guys who your getting. Plenty of other sites that discussed how he visited hospitals with his teammates and other good stuff.

sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell sam mitchell
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Post#60 » by StocktonShorts » Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:52 pm

Right on. Thanks for the vid and the info.

Return to Utah Jazz