Kevin Durant withdraws from the Fiba World Cup

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 956

Kevin Durant withdraws from the Fiba World Cup 

Post#1 » by tleikheen » Thu Aug 7, 2014 11:19 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2156 ... -world-cup

Well its probably pretty safe to say this will pave the way for Gordon Hayward to make the team.His versatility will be needed even more ,not that he can make up the difference from Durants departure ,but Hayward can fill the stat sheets more than the others he was on the bubble with.
It will be the points that team USA will miss the most ,who will be the guy who gets the points in crunch time.
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Re: Kevin Durant withdraws from the Fiba World Cup 

Post#2 » by BudTugly » Thu Aug 7, 2014 11:41 pm

Kevin Love will join the team. Still, sounds more and more like G is gonna not only make the team, but have a role on the court.
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#3 » by tleikheen » Fri Aug 8, 2014 12:03 am

Whats the starting lineup.just over a week ago it looked like

C) Anthony Davis
PF) Kevin Durant
SF) Paul George
SG) James Harden
PG) DRose

Can Hayward go from the bubble to starting

C) Davis
PF) Fareid
SF) Hayward
SG) Harden
PG) DRose

All kind of directions Coach K can go with the starting lineup now
HolyToledo12
Rookie
And1: 154

Post#4 » by HolyToledo12 » Fri Aug 8, 2014 1:10 am

I want Hayward to make the team bc he wants it. I don't think it will make him a better player next year. Hayward is what Hayward is a good player who will never be a great player. That's ok as long as he is the 3rd or 4th option offensively. Exum will have to be 1 or 2 but we need another 1 or 2 option player. Kanter? has offensive talent but lacks work ethic and basketball smarts. Next years #1 might be the best option.

my timeline is Jazz a playoff team in 2017 and a true contender in 2018-2019 season. That's a long wait!
Play with the Pass, Play with a Purpose, and Play with Pace along with Obvious Unselfishness....Coach Snyder says the sky is purple than Jazz players say nice purple sky! LONG LIVE THE MAD SCIENTIST!!!!
Viktor Vaughn
Junior
And1: 37

Post#5 » by Viktor Vaughn » Fri Aug 8, 2014 2:01 am

HolyToledo12 wrote:Kanter? has offensive talent but lacks work ethic and basketball smarts.

Is there any evidence of Kanter lacking work ethic? Not trying to be contrary, but I genuinely don't know.
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#6 » by tleikheen » Fri Aug 8, 2014 2:26 am

HolyToledo12 wrote:Kanter? has offensive talent but lacks work ethic and basketball smarts.

Is there any evidence of Kanter lacking work ethic? Not trying to be contrary, but I genuinely don't know.

There was a workout picture posted of Kanter working out(Jazzfanz) ,not wearing a t-shirt just trunks and tennis shoes and the 22 year old Kanter was ripped ,no fat ,just in top physical shape...so I don't know who gets off saying he lacks work ethic....and basketball smarts ,is that code for Turkish player,like he has basketball talent BUT doesn't have basketball smarts.....?
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#7 » by sipclip » Fri Aug 8, 2014 3:15 am

Kanter has shown to have a great work ethic.
HolyToledo12
Rookie
And1: 154

Post#8 » by HolyToledo12 » Fri Aug 8, 2014 3:38 am

U ever watch Kanter get back on defense or get out on the break. He and Favors have shown a lack of motor and lack of consistent hustle on the court. Have you watched Kanter let guys walk down the lane and provide no defense whatsoever. Sometimes that's lack of knowledge and skill but it is also a lack of effort. Kanter picked up a lot of bad habits from Big Al. Remember when Kanter was a rookie and was a monster on the boards but now gets less boards. That's a lack of effort.

Work ethic also includes spending time in the video tape room and working on your game and not just building ur your body so the hotties like you.

Next to Exum, I feel Kanter is the player with the best offensive talent on the team but unless Coach Q can challenge him to work harder, he will be nothing better than a back up big for his entire career.
Play with the Pass, Play with a Purpose, and Play with Pace along with Obvious Unselfishness....Coach Snyder says the sky is purple than Jazz players say nice purple sky! LONG LIVE THE MAD SCIENTIST!!!!
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#9 » by tleikheen » Fri Aug 8, 2014 3:57 am

Work ethic also includes spending time in the video tape room and working on your game and not just building ur your body so the hotties like you.

Next to Exum, I feel Kanter is the player with the best offensive talent on the team but unless Coach Q can challenge him to work harder, he will be nothing better than a back up big for his entire career.

I don't think anyone in the NBA or Jazz thinks Kanter is going to be a career backup.As far as working on his game ,what other 6'11 guys in the NBA have Kanter's footwork inside the paint.How do you get footwork and moves like that.AND have you payed attn....don't Gobert and Hayward have noticeable changes to their physique.I'll bet you Alec Burks and Favors also come to pre-season more defined as well.
All this is probably motivation in having a new coach,new system and new opportunities for all the players.Pay attn this is all happening right now.
Blackie
Junior
And1: 20

Post#10 » by Blackie » Fri Aug 8, 2014 3:14 pm

Hayward's chances of making the team go up, but the chances of the USA winning the world cup goes down.

Return to Utah Jazz