Rudy Gobert is stepping up and playing like a WARRIOR !

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 956

Rudy Gobert is stepping up and playing like a WARRIOR ! 

Post#1 » by tleikheen » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:41 pm

In his biggest game ever ...he got TOUGH
tleikheen
Analyst

Re: Rudy Gobert is stepping up and playing like a WARRIOR ! 

Post#2 » by tleikheen » Wed Sep 10, 2014 9:44 pm

Wow He battled both Gasol Brothers and didnt back down,cant say enough of what I saw
HolyToledo12
Rookie
And1: 154

Post#3 » by HolyToledo12 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:24 am

I am totally impressed by him. He has top 5 pick quality talent and a huge motor which Favors and Kanter lack. He should be our starting center 205-2016 season, if not earlier, with Favors or Kanter being traded away by the deadline. What a great draft the Jazz had in a weak draft! Trey, Gobert, and maybe even Nieto are top 5-10 players from that draft.
Play with the Pass, Play with a Purpose, and Play with Pace along with Obvious Unselfishness....Coach Snyder says the sky is purple than Jazz players say nice purple sky! LONG LIVE THE MAD SCIENTIST!!!!
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#4 » by FJS » Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:38 am

He played pretty well... and i would love gasols and ibaka destroying him.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,959

Post#5 » by goober » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:15 pm

HolyToledo12 wrote:I am totally impressed by him. He has top 5 pick quality talent and a huge motor which Favors and Kanter lack. He should be our starting center 205-2016 season, if not earlier, with Favors or Kanter being traded away by the deadline. What a great draft the Jazz had in a weak draft! Trey, Gobert, and maybe even Nieto are top 5-10 players from that draft.
This seems a little out of proportion. Let's remember that this is FIBA and you can camp in the lane for as long as you want. There is no Defensive 3 seconds violation. That will heavily benefit Rudy since he's so damn tall. I have been impressed with Gobert, but let's not go ahead and trade Kanter, and especially Favors, because of him

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
HolyToledo12
Rookie
And1: 154

Post#6 » by HolyToledo12 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:01 pm

I am simply saying Bish that after this years training camp and early season that I predict that Gobert will be a better player than Favors or Kanter and require time and lead the Jazz to trading away a big, likely Kanter. His motor has also been very good while Kanter and Favors sometimes play hard and sometimes not so hard.
Play with the Pass, Play with a Purpose, and Play with Pace along with Obvious Unselfishness....Coach Snyder says the sky is purple than Jazz players say nice purple sky! LONG LIVE THE MAD SCIENTIST!!!!
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Post#7 » by StocktonShorts » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:05 pm

HolyToledo12 wrote:I am simply saying Bish that after this years training camp and early season that I predict that Gobert will be a better player than Favors or Kanter and require time and lead the Jazz to trading away a big, likely Kanter.

What kind of prediction is this? the kind you wouldn't mind people sigging?

:D
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,959

Post#8 » by goober » Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:52 pm

HolyToledo12 wrote:I am simply saying Bish that after this years training camp and early season that I predict that Gobert will be a better player than Favors or Kanter and require time and lead the Jazz to trading away a big, likely Kanter. His motor has also been very good while Kanter and Favors sometimes play hard and sometimes not so hard.

I wouldn't be mad if the Jazz traded Kanter, but let's not count our chickens before they hatch. Let's see how all our players roll in the season. That's why I am trying not to have expectations for anyone yet. A new coaching system could really change our team. Let's see how it goes first
Matt007b
Sixth Man
And1: 161

Post#9 » by Matt007b » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:56 pm

Kanter should have a green light to shoot + he'll be playing in a new system and playing with different players from last year...so who knows, maybe Kanter will shine and do really well? Or he'll be some serious trade bait with an expiring contract...

Either way, yeah best wait until the trade deadline unless some killer deal comes up. :)
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#10 » by tleikheen » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:25 am

I agree ,I think Kanter will be the leader in shots taken for the Jazz this year ...as long as he's shooting %50 ,which he's always done
BudTugly
Veteran
And1: 1,544

Post#11 » by BudTugly » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:08 am

I don't think Kanter is going to have hardly any value unless he either beasts the first month or starts sinking 1-2 threes a game. There's room for RG to take over the backup C role, that's enough for where he's at. So for Kanter fans that means I think Enes stays through the year.

Seems pretty obvious Hayward is the feature player in Utah, he's going to lead the team in FGs until somebody better shows up. Which Kanter isn't. Really Burks has a better chance of being in that hunt.

Once again the team's success in terms of winning is going to depend heavily upon Favors being able to defend in space and do the little things. He just hasn't been a complete player to this point and he's gotta be for the Jazz to be good.

One thing, if Rudy can pass he will be very useful dropping the ball into the lane for a cutter, he can see and reach over pretty much anyone in the league.
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by StocktonShorts » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:08 am

BudTugly wrote:I don't think Kanter is going to have hardly any value...

I'm wondering how often guys on the end of their rookie deal get traded. Certainly no one would give up a ton for him.
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by StocktonShorts » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:11 am

tleikheen wrote:I agree ,I think Kanter will be the leader in shots taken for the Jazz this year ...as long as he's shooting %50 ,which he's always done

He did lead the team in field goal attempts per 36 minutes last year, narrowly edging out Trey Burke.

But he only shot 49%, not quite the 50% you claim he's always reached. In fact, he's only shot over 50% once out of three years.

Return to Utah Jazz