Rebuilding Utah Jazz's Style

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Rebuilding Utah Jazz's Style 

Post#1 » by JazzMatt13 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:41 am

I think we will be a combination of speedy 3 and focused defense. I think the combination is basically what Spurs are. Jazz basketball's style adapted to a young group who are suited for speed and threes. We are geared to win, if we manage a proper speed, 3 point attempts, and the key, playing defense.

Pace and Defense seem to be the key stone to solving our problems, Synder can solve this, and we will be +.500. We don't want to hide our inability to win with faster PACE to stat pad and try and out score the other team. It is a great tactic aka out hustle the other team, but not a tactic we can use every night like Rockets and Philly tend to do. The proper amount is the equation we need to win, and based off last season, we need to go much faster. I just wonder how fast Jazz go, and how many attempts they manage while doing everything as a purpose. Were young so I expect to be top 10 in pace and attempts, i am hoping the rebounds and defense help out, cause no team has speed, 3's and top defense, like 101 ppg, and defensive rating of 95.

3P's are perfect. Purpose is defense and every move as part of the plan, Passing is offense and getting everyone involved, and Pace, aka the missing key from last year, which allows our system to thrive.

3P = As long as your passing purposely in a fast manner, how can you lose?
JazzMatt13
Analyst
And1: 293

Re: Rebuilding Utah Jazz's Style 

Post#2 » by JazzMatt13 » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:44 pm

I found the stats last night:

Utah Jazz Preseason:
Off Rating 103.6
DEF Rating 93.8
PACE: 98.1

103.6 Offensive rating is a good step from last year, it would be equal to #15 in league last year, just behind Nets, and before the Hawks. We were 100.6 last year, so for how much faster we are going, not that big of a step.

93.6 Defensive rating is an insane step to take and don't know if it is true, cause sounds impossible! Assuming it could hold, or mean anything, we would be best team ever. For being such a fast team, we managed to not let the other team score, most teams who have fast pace, generally allow other team more points as well. If we could master being that fast team, but use defense, we would be unstoppable. You know what best Def. Rating was last year, it was Pacers, with 96.7! So unless im confused between Defensive Ratings and Efficiency, this number is amazing considering how much faster we are.

98.1 PACE puts us between 2014 #8 Phoenix 98.2 and #9 Thunder 97.9, in possessions per 48 minutes. This is exactly where i wanted us to be, but I can't find figures on attempts yet. Considering we only got 93.6 possessions as a big time 3 point shooting team, we were doomed to fail. Because Corbins calculations were insane. You can't shoot threes with that many possesion, not only cause you can't get hot, but if you miss more than 40% of 20 3 attempts, no way your ever going to make 100 points a game.

Return to Utah Jazz