Official Utah Jazz Trade Ideas Thread

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Re: Official Utah Jazz Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#761 » by Winglish » Mon Sep 7, 2015 3:21 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:I would hope a good amount of Celtic fans would know Utah isn't moving Favors or Gobert. It's the same idea as if you asked someone over here if they would move Gronk for package A. I really wanted Boston to draft Hood and thought Ainge was going to when he was available with Bostons second pick. I really believe he could have a better career than Exum and if I'm a young team that's who I'm going after on Utah. I also don't understand what's going in Boston, they didn't hurt themselves with Lee and Amir because they are only gaurenteed this season but they have all these young guys that need me nuts that won't be available. They really should have just let Smart run the point last year, took heir bumps and bruises, and walked away with another lottery pick.

Sorry you have guys needing your nuts. I can see how that's a problem. I'm pretty attached to mine too. :P
rmdlwajazz
Freshman
And1: 9

Post#762 » by rmdlwajazz » Sat Sep 12, 2015 8:12 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/239203/Evan-Fourniers-Place-In-Orlandos-Perimeter-Clog

Evan Fournier - obviously has played with Rudy - not sure what the relationship is like. Volume 3 point shooter who has improved all 3 years in the league but will be buried on the bench in Orlando. I think he'd be a great one to target if Gobert is interested in him:)
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#763 » by Daddy 801 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:46 pm

rmdlwajazz wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/239203/Evan-Fourniers-Place-In-Orlandos-Perimeter-Clog

Evan Fournier - obviously has played with Rudy - not sure what the relationship is like. Volume 3 point shooter who has improved all 3 years in the league but will be buried on the bench in Orlando. I think he'd be a great one to target if Gobert is interested in him:)

Wonder how much it would take to get him. And, I wonder if the jazz would even want to trade for someone whose contract ends next season.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#764 » by stitches » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:23 am

Gobert(or Favors), Exum, unprotected first, Hayward for Cousins and Gay? What say you Jazz fans? (That's an idea on the T&T forum)
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,959

Post#765 » by goober » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:30 am

Honestly no thanks, Cousins will leave once his contract is expired and it's no guarantee he contributes to winning. Rather roll with our own guys
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#766 » by KqWIN » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:36 am

That's a definite no for me. What would be the plan after that? No one is coming to Utah so they can play with Boogie.
stitches
RealGM

Post#767 » by stitches » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:39 am

KqWIN wrote:That's a definite no for me. What would be the plan after that? No one is coming to Utah so they can play with Boogie.

Sell the team to Vivek and hire Karl. Utah Kings!
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#768 » by KqWIN » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:15 am

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:That's a definite no for me. What would be the plan after that? No one is coming to Utah so they can play with Boogie.

Sell the team to Vivek and hire Karl. Utah Kings!

The Divac - Stojackovic combo is the shocker for me. Two guys that have have been away from the NBA with no front office experience running the front office. I've seen people on Twitter with a better understanding of the CBA.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#769 » by Daddy 801 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:53 pm

I wouldn't trade Gobert or Favors for Cousins. His whiny faces on court say it all.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#770 » by KqWIN » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:44 pm

Maybe this is just my confirmation bias, but does anyone else think that Indy has a real chance of being terrible next season? I don't see them being very good on either end of the floor. I've always loved George Hill and we definitely have the pieces to get him. All we need a reason for Indy to want to move him. If they stink, they have a strong incentive to move him for a younger player. They almost drafted Lyles at #11, I wonder if that swap would interest them. Lavoy Allen is the only PF on their roster.
stitches
RealGM

Post#771 » by stitches » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:46 am

KqWIN wrote:Maybe this is just my confirmation bias, but does anyone else think that Indy has a real chance of being terrible next season? I don't see them being very good on either end of the floor. I've always loved George Hill and we definitely have the pieces to get him. All we need a reason for Indy to want to move him. If they stink, they have a strong incentive to move him for a younger player. They almost drafted Lyles at #11, I wonder if that swap would interest them. Lavoy Allen is the only PF on their roster.

From what I'm hearing they want to play Paul George at the 4. But I agree, their front court is extremely thin/inexperienced.There is a real chance they will be pretty bad.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#772 » by KqWIN » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:08 am

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:Maybe this is just my confirmation bias, but does anyone else think that Indy has a real chance of being terrible next season? I don't see them being very good on either end of the floor. I've always loved George Hill and we definitely have the pieces to get him. All we need a reason for Indy to want to move him. If they stink, they have a strong incentive to move him for a younger player. They almost drafted Lyles at #11, I wonder if that swap would interest them. Lavoy Allen is the only PF on their roster.

From what I'm hearing they want to play Paul George at the 4. But I agree, their front court is extremely thin/inexperienced.There is a real chance they will be pretty bad.

Yeah I've been reading about that, but I think they would be crazy to use PG as a 4 for big minutes during the season. That seems like a great way to wear down your franchise player. Their philosophy change is interesting to me. They seemed like favorites to go to the NBA finals before their chemistry collapsed. One knucklehead too many and the whole team falls apart.
Crabman
Banned User
And1: 146

Post#773 » by Crabman » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:54 am

stitches wrote:Gobert(or Favors), Exum, unprotected first, Hayward for Cousins and Gay? What say you Jazz fans? (That's an idea on the T&T forum)

I'm not a Jazz fan, but I've been following the Jazz since the Williams trade. I do not like this trade for the Jazz. Gobert is a very valuable piece. I think Gobert, Exum, and a pick for Cousins and Collison would be a fair trade. What do you guys think? Would you do this trade? Do you think it raises you to contenders? If not, what do you think will?

Either way, I probably wouldn't trade for Cousins. The Jazz are a great PG/SG away from being legit contenders IMO. I feel that the Jazz tried to get that type of player in the draft (Burke and Exum), but Burke is clearly not the answer, and honestly I dont think Exum is either. I love Rodney Hood, and feel he has more potential than Exum. I think he's the future starting SG/SF alongside Hayward, so I just hope the Jazz can find an all star caliber PG somehow. Otherwise their mistakes in the draft (Burke/Exum) might forever haunt them. Those two mistakes could hold the franchise back from being contenders. Exum still has a chance, Burke I think was a bad pick from the beginning. Crazy considering how well the Jazz have drafted otherwise.
Paper Face
Pro Prospect
And1: 101

Post#774 » by Paper Face » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:59 pm

Not sure if it is true that those picks will hold the Jazz back. The Jazz got top 3 talent in the same draft they chose Burke (Gobert at 27), and top 10 talent last year in the same draft they chose Exum (Hood at 23). Hood might even be top 5 in that draft.

Even if Burke is a total bust and Exum resolves into a 3 & D guard, Hood and Gobert will be core players. Rudy is going to be a DPOY threat for the next decade, and Hood could be better than Hayward.
sipclip - "Even though I love what I have seen from Mitchell if you were to ask anyone if they would rather have Booker and the 24th pick or Mitchell they would all take Booker and the pick."
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#775 » by No-Man » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:48 am

What about trading a 2nd round pick for Temple?

Temple-Burke-Neto
Hood-Burks-Exum
Hayward-Ingles-Millsap
Favors-Booker-Lyles
Gobert-Pleiss-Withey

With Cooley, Cotton, Graham, Jerrett, Johnson, and O'Brien been cut.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,959

Post#776 » by goober » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:56 pm

That's probably a deal that's actually realistic. I don't care for it. Temple brings a more experienced version of what Exum brought us. Value is fine to me as well
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#777 » by pickIBL » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:07 pm

Offer the Wizards the Jazz pick top 5 protected. FCB bought Tomas for 130k Euros. Offer the NBA buyout, let Tomas cover the rest. Offer him 3 years 12 million which he would bite on immediately. The Wiz say yes, FCB says yes, the Jazz get a cheap PG that can actually play. And he's a fairly young prospect as well. No excuse to do nothing.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taPDrm2JXSk[/youtube]

The Wiz get a low lotto or lower pick. The Jazz would press for the play offs.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Post#778 » by StocktonShorts » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:18 pm

pickIBL wrote:Offer the Wizards the Jazz pick top 5 protected. FCB bought Tomas for 130k Euros. Offer the NBA buyout, let Tomas cover the rest. Offer him 3 years 12 million which he would bite on immediately. The Wiz say yes, FCB says yes, the Jazz get a cheap PG that can actually play. And he's a fairly young prospect as well. No excuse to do nothing.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taPDrm2JXSk[/youtube]

The Wiz get a low lotto or lower pick. The Jazz would press for the play offs.

Not a bad idea. The Jazz definitely need help at PG this year.

I'd still love to see the Jazz orchestrate a deal for George Hill. Maybe if the Pacers are really struggling.
stitches
RealGM

Post#779 » by stitches » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:41 pm

Why would Barcelona say yes? They won't say yes in October without having a chance to address their PG spot. It's simply not happening... like ever!
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#780 » by pickIBL » Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:23 am

stitches wrote:Why would Barcelona say yes? They won't say yes in October without having a chance to address their PG spot. It's simply not happening... like ever!

Money talks. Europe is very much a case of musical chairs. Europe also doesn't have NBA tv money. If the Magic can buyout Hezonja (which they did), the Jazz can buyout Satoransky, Teodosic, or Koponen. Just write the check.

Granted the Hez buy out was small, which all the more reason they'd jump at a million bucks. That would go along ways to signing a PG, player development, and whatever else they want to use it for (payroll). Maybe use the money to sign a couple of fresh prospects and not let them walk for a 150k.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL

Return to Utah Jazz