Favors PER 22.4,Gobert PER 21.2,Hayward PER 20,Kanter PER 19

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 956

Favors PER 22.4,Gobert PER 21.2,Hayward PER 20,Kanter PER 19 

Post#1 » by tleikheen » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:15 pm

From the start of training camp some here of been saying the strength of the Jazz was going to be the Jazz big men.Coach Snyder tryed to play smallball with making Kanter the stretch 4.Some guys here got Booker fever and wanted to dump Kanter for anybody and play permanently smallball.
Well now the Jazz players producing the most are the Jazz big men .This is where the emphasis for the rest of the season needs to stay.Contrary to the trade machine guys who are constantly wanting to trade someone ,Kanter the 1st twenty games ,maybe it's going to be Favors the next 20 games.All three of the Jazz big men need to be kept,theirs enough minutes in the 96 minutes for them to play .
What is now necessary now is for Exum to start getting more of Trey Burke's minutes.Their's more faith that Exum will be able to get the Jazz big men the ball where they need to be even more productive .There's alot more reason to excited about Jazz basketball with Exum working with Gobert ,Favors and Kanter .
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Re: Favors PER 22.4,Gobert PER 21.2,Hayward PER 20,Kanter PE 

Post#2 » by AingesBurner » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:39 pm

I actually agree, Id trade Hayward or Burks before those 3.
Ingles is cooked.
jjscap
Bench Warmer
And1: 323

Post#3 » by jjscap » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:45 pm

PER can be misleading. Try WP :http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/teams/uth?season=2014
StocktonShorts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,551

Post#4 » by StocktonShorts » Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:22 am

jjscap wrote:PER can be misleading. Try WP :http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/teams/uth?season=2014

I'm all for developing smart advanced metrics, but anything that puts Joe Ingles that far ahead of Enes Kanter doesn't pass the smell test.

And I say that as someone who has been more critical than most of Kanter this year.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#5 » by dautjazz » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:28 pm

StocktonShorts wrote:
jjscap wrote:PER can be misleading. Try WP :http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/teams/uth?season=2014

I'm all for developing smart advanced metrics, but anything that puts Joe Ingles that far ahead of Enes Kanter doesn't pass the smell test.

And I say that as someone who has been more critical than most of Kanter this year.

DeAndre Jordan has a MUCH higher WP than Lebron James, and DJ and Reddick are higher thank Blake Griffin. Yeah, I'll take PER any day. PER is not misleading, it adds positives (FG makes, points, rebounds, etc..), substracts negatives (FG misses, turnovers, etc..), and factors in minutes played. For what it measures, it's probably the best tool out there. There are some players that play like 18mpg, and they will have some crazy good PER, and they don't get big minutes maybe because they are a liability on defense. Well, that's why you don't compage someone who averages starter minutes to someone who does reserve minutes. You need to look at a lot of metrics to get a better picture, but in the end sometimes you need the eye test.
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.

Return to Utah Jazz