Why the Jazz should Draft Devin Booker

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

JazzFan32
Sophomore
And1: 7

Why the Jazz should Draft Devin Booker 

Post#1 » by JazzFan32 » Thu May 21, 2015 1:05 am

The more I watch Devin Booker's game, the more I fall in love with the possibility of the Jazz drafting him. There are several holes the Jazz need to patch up, like the need of veteran point guard, or the need of another big who can stretch the floor. But in my opinion the biggest need in the Jazz's, still continues to be SHOOTING!

Devin Booker in my opinion fits perfectly! He shot 41% from 3pt, and averaged 10 pts/ game on a stacked Kentucky team. His 3pt avg. is better than that of klay Thompson's in his final year of college. His not extremely athletic, but his decent, But he does have a high basketball IQ and still has lots of potential as his only 19.

Now I already know what most of you will say, in that the Jazz are already stacked at the wing position, but if the Jazz were to draft Devin Booker, in my opinion that makes Alec Burks very expandable, and perhaps could be traded straight up for Jrue Holiday, who will fill one of their other needs. Consider this, 3 out of the four teams left in the Playoffs (warriors, rockets, and Hawks), all have one thing in common and that they all have shooters who can help space out the floor. This is where the NBA is trending!

Thoughts?
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Re: Why the Jazz should Draft Devin Booker 

Post#2 » by sipclip » Thu May 21, 2015 1:35 am

He is my top choice. I want to eventually play big all the time and I like the idea of Alec dominating the ball off the bench with Booker playing the 2 and giving us a 2nd scorer.
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#3 » by Winglish » Thu May 21, 2015 2:32 am

My thoughts are that Booker will be off the board at #12. But, yeah, he can shoot the ball and the Jazz could use that three ball for sure.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#4 » by stitches » Thu May 21, 2015 4:09 am

I wouldn't mind it if we drafted him at 12. Good IQ, great quickness and good defensive potential, great shooter. We can do worse.
Ikeizm
Sophomore
And1: 22

Post#5 » by Ikeizm » Thu May 21, 2015 7:01 am

If the Jazz don't trade up or down, Booker would be my pick. He's got the shot and the hustle that could help the Jazz day one. He makes the right play and works very well away from the ball. I'm tempted to just stay at 12 and call it a day. Though I'd still try for Rondae Hollis-Jefferson/Delon Wright by trading into the second half of the 1st round.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,298

Post#6 » by babyjax13 » Thu May 21, 2015 4:32 pm

I'd also be on board, but I think he is the first out of the Booker/Oubre/Grant/Hunter group selected.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#7 » by KqWIN » Fri May 22, 2015 4:44 pm

Not my first choice, but not a terrible pick. He hasn't shown the ability to shoot on the move and in motion. He's more Anthony Morrow than he is Kyle Korver. Morrow is still a great player, but he doesn't out the pressure on the defense like Korver or Redick because he doesn't move without the ball.

Return to Utah Jazz