I'd be happy if Exum shows up a legit 6'6" and 200lbs

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 956

I'd be happy if Exum shows up a legit 6'6" and 200lbs 

Post#1 » by tleikheen » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:52 am

http://www.chatsports.com/utah-jazz/a/Breakout-Season-On-Tap-For-Dante-Exum-2-11555479

So it's already being said Dante has added 6lbs of muscle on his 190 lb body (196 lbs)
Turning 20 years old on July 13th and having a full year in the NBA ,I think a lean ,fast muscular 200 lbs is reasonable .Add that to starting the 2nd half of the season and Exum should show dramatic improvement
KDBG
Starter
And1: 1,368

Re: I'd be happy if Exum shows up a legit 6'6" and 200lbs 

Post#2 » by KDBG » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:32 am

I'm predicting Exum to be the biggest surprise this season, and most improved player. I'm thinking averages around 11/5. With hearing about how Exum has been going hard at the Jazz practice facility pretty much everyday for the last month, this shows a player that wants to truly be great, and won't settle for anything less. I'm sure his confidence will skyrocket knowing that he's the starter now. Also, the weight gain will obviously pay dividends as well.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#3 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:50 am

I'd be happy if he'll start attacking the basket and look to score.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
KDBG
Starter
And1: 1,368

Post#4 » by KDBG » Thu Jul 2, 2015 12:00 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:I'd be happy if he'll start attacking the basket and look to score.

This is why I like the idea of Alec coming off the bench, even when Alec may be are 2nd or 3rd best player this coming season. I fear if Alec's in the starting lineup, Dante will be standing in the corner all game again. Put the rock in the Dante's hands, and give him the confidence to create, which he was drafted to do.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#5 » by pickIBL » Thu Jul 2, 2015 3:12 pm

Both alec and Treyd could end up being moved if they aren't more efficient. Maybe the king's owner will send us his mother for them or something
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
erudite23
Lead Assistant
And1: 659

Post#6 » by erudite23 » Thu Jul 2, 2015 4:23 pm

I don't think Dante will ever put on a ton of weight. Our best hope is that he has a KG-like body--very lean and almost skinny, but wiry strong. It's more about strength than weight, really. He's got to be able to finish through contact and hold his ground when people try to bully him. If he ever gets to 220, I will be more than satisfied.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#7 » by KqWIN » Thu Jul 2, 2015 4:33 pm

Conditioning should be the first priority. Standing in the corner is much more appealing than driving to the basket when you're tired. He would start breathing heavy after 5 minutes.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#8 » by stitches » Thu Jul 2, 2015 4:57 pm

Am I the only one scared to have any major expectations for Exum?
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#9 » by Winglish » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:07 pm

stitches wrote:Am I the only one scared to have any major expectations for Exum?

I expect he'll be a really good defender. Honestly, his offense leaves a lot to be desired.
3960HOOD
Sixth Man
And1: 79

Post#10 » by 3960HOOD » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:29 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/austinhorton/status/616384486918348800[/tweet]
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#11 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Jul 2, 2015 5:37 pm

I don't have major expectations. He's a project, and this is a process. I expect to see constant improvement in the coming years, but I don't expect a huge leap from one year to the next.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#12 » by tleikheen » Thu Jul 2, 2015 11:56 pm

I don't have major expectations. He's a project, and this is a process. I expect to see constant improvement in the coming years, but I don't expect a huge leap from one year to the next.

I do expect big things from Exum.....If you can blanket and keep in front of fast ,explosive superstar PG"s with your own speed and length and athleticism ,the offense will show up for Exum.I expect him to add distributing the ball and pushing the pace next.
What's not normal with Exum is that almost every young player came in the NBA more advanced in offense and learned defense secondary ,Exum came in focused on defense 1st.....And did pretty damn well at it .
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#13 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Jul 3, 2015 3:37 am

tleikheen wrote:

I do expect big things from Exum.....If you can blanket and keep in front of fast ,explosive superstar PG"s with your own speed and length and athleticism ,the offense will show up for Exum.I expect him to add distributing the ball and pushing the pace next.
What's not normal with Exum is that almost every young player came in the NBA more advanced in offense and learned defense secondary ,Exum came in focused on defense 1st.....And did pretty damn well at it .

I agree. It's not that I'm not expecting big things from him - I do. But in a few seasons, eventually, and not next season. I just look for consistent progression for the next 2-3 seasons - that will be enough for me.

MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,407

Post#14 » by MalonesElbows » Fri Jul 3, 2015 3:56 am

The guy on the right is Exum's dad. Dante won't be a twig much longer.

tleikheen
Analyst

Post#15 » by tleikheen » Sun Jul 5, 2015 5:41 am

Exum believes he has plenty more growth on the area that’s currently considered his strength: defense. His extra size along with his natural quickness and height will help him be more physical while guarding opponents.

I understand Gobert is a huge deterrent to offenses with his length and aggressiveness as the last line of defense for the Jazz but young Exum has to play great PG's night after night and if he steps up his steals and blocks this year the jazz will be a swarming long limbed defense getting a lot of easy baskets off their defensive pressure.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865631973/So-far-Dante-Exum-appears-to-be-bigger-and-better.html?pg=all
tasball
Senior
And1: 57

Post#16 » by tasball » Sun Jul 5, 2015 11:15 am

Looking forward to seeing Exum and Ingles next month in Melbourne for Boomers vs NZ. Watched many of the Jazz games this year.

#SnyderImpressive

...and Bogut, Patty Mills, Delly, Baynsie and this Ben Simmons kid.....

edit - Joe is not playing and simmo is getting acclimatised for LSU....bugger
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#17 » by Catchall » Sun Jul 5, 2015 8:06 pm

I view this season as being like a rookie year for Exum. Given that he turns 20 later this summer and never played even collegiate-level ball prior to last year, I think this year might be comparable to a rookie season for a one-and-done college player. It's also really difficult for rookie PGs as young as Exum to come into the league and do much of anything. Any expectations for Exum to do much more than he has thusfar were probably unrealistic. Exum has at least 3 years worth of steady improvement ahead of him, imo.

The other guys from last year's draft class comparable in age to Exum are Noah Vonleh and Bruno Caboclo.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
tleikheen
Analyst

Post#18 » by tleikheen » Tue Jul 7, 2015 3:34 am

Code: Select all

I'd be happy if he'll start attacking the basket and look to score.

got some attacks to the basket

Am I the only one scared to have any major expectations for Exum?

only one summer game ,but that speed and athleticism he has on defense ,being worked into offense

Honestly, his offense leaves a lot to be desired.

9/10 in free throws .......20 pts on 10 shots

I view this season as being like a rookie year for Exum.

good summer league game rook
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#19 » by AingesBurner » Tue Jul 7, 2015 4:00 am

Dante suffered a sprained ankle, hopefully it's not bad.
Ingles is cooked.
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#20 » by bakesale » Tue Jul 7, 2015 11:14 am

MalonesElbows wrote:The guy on the right is Exum's dad. Dante won't be a twig much longer.

I remember when Cecil Exum played for the Geelong Supercats!

Way back in the early 90s when I just started watching basketball, he was coming to the end of his career.

He had a thick frame during his playing days. His body type isn't like Dante's. Dante will be twig forever. But then a pg should be skinny imo

I watched the game and was super impressed with his first step his aggression, getting to the rim. I agree with the people saying this will be more like his real rookie season.

I feel like Smart is playing like he has a vendetta against Exum but from watching the game I reckon Exum outplayed him overall.
+31 is outstanding and the eyeball test seemed to go along with that stat. It seemed whenever he was on court his team played better.

Return to Utah Jazz