KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Re: Official Utah Jazz 2015 Off-season Thread 

Post#101 » by KqWIN » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:31 pm

pickIBL wrote:
KqWIN wrote:
pickIBL wrote:
Yea if you go back and read, you changed your story. Maybe what you had in your head was different, but it sure doesn't read that way. Especially with Teo coming out and saying 3 million after taxes. That suggests he's open to the NBA. So with that in mind it seems you withdraw that he's wouldn't be a legit stop gap as a player. Now you switch to he hasn't decided to play in the NBA. But we already know he's said he will and listed his price.

So he said he's available at 3 million after taxes. Stein just was too stupid to understand how Euro ball pays. So now it falls back on the FO... which is what I was complaining about. And I'm not set on a particular option, I just advocate the FO is behind the 8 ball on this... even when Exum was healthy.

Tell me what my story was? You always change peoples words and ignore them when they disagree. I don't even care to argue at this point, the message has been consistent. Teo will not playing in the NBA this season, therefore he is not an option. No high level overseas PG will be signed as a free agent. Anyone that understands windows and timing can see that.

You first tried defending the FO by saying no Euro were good enough to be considered a stop gap. Then pivoted by saying Milos should not count simply because he does not want to come over. Then you were reminded that he did indeed express interest and say his price.

That puts the ball in the FO's court. It'd be a lot easier to just note that how the FO is handing the PG position is questionable. That doesn't mean it won't work out in the end. But even before the Exum injury the PG slot was the weakness of the club.

I never said that Teo was not good enough, not once. Never even insinuated it. If that's what you have in your head, go for it. It's impossible to have a good discussion here. Every comment I have had has addressed the availably of Euro PG's, not their ability. The only time I mentioned Teo's ability was in a statement that said it doesn't matter because he's not available.

Teo has also said that the NBA is not for him, many times. A few Marc Stein tweets and now you think that changes? If he wanted to play in the NBA he would be here. By the way, the Jazz do have an excess of $6 Million in cap space available. I hate to break it to you, but you're not the only person in the world who knows who Milos Teodosic is. The Jazz know who he is. Either he doesn't want our money or we don't want to give it to him. You can take a guess at which one is true, but they lead to the same conclusion.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,959

Post#102 » by goober » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:37 pm

So apparently Favors has been working on his range trying to become a stretch 4, I'm not holding that to much expectation, but I would like to be pleasantly surprised with his range.
pickIBL
Head Coach
And1: 951

Post#103 » by pickIBL » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:47 pm

stitches wrote:
pickIBL wrote:You first tried defending the FO by saying no Euro were good enough to be considered a stop gap. Then pivoted by saying Milos should not count simply because he does not want to come over. Then you were reminded that he did indeed express interest and say his price.

That puts the ball in the FO's court. It'd be a lot easier to just note that how the FO is handing the PG position is questionable. That doesn't mean it won't work out in the end. But even before the Exum injury the PG slot was the weakness of the club.

I think that was me. Not sure KqWIN made that point. I might be wrong, but that's my feeling... I'm not sure any PG coming from Europe will be a great stop-gap PG. Don't take this as disparagement of those players, more - me taking into account the hardship most players coming from Europe have when coming to the league and the time it takes for them adjust to the game of the NBA. Even Dragic had trouble adjusting to the league in the first year. That's the reason I don't think they are good option for being a stop-gap - they need time to get rolling, so they might be great options long-term, but I'm not sure they will be able to contribute right away on high level.

Too many front office apologists LOL. I prefer to give them credit for good moves (Gobert), and criticize for failures.
I like my prospects the same way I like my women... foreign- pickIBL
Winglish
Analyst
And1: 1,302

Post#104 » by Winglish » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:05 am

Milos Teodosic has played against NBA competition VERY successfully when given the chance. That's one guy whose game translates. I agree that a lot of Euros don't translate, mostly because they don't lift weights.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#105 » by PerkinsFor3 » Fri Oct 2, 2015 8:17 am

Anybody seen Neto play already?
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#106 » by stitches » Fri Oct 2, 2015 9:51 am

PerkinsFor3 wrote:Anybody seen Neto play already?

I've seen him play for Brazil and once or twice in Spain.

Players and coaching staff talk very highly of him. Hayward after two practices in a row makes a point of mentioning how good Wolfie(that's what they are calling him because of his name's pronunciation - Ha-uul) is running the offense and how good of a passer he is. I guess we will see soon enough(this weekend vs the Lakers) how he's adjusting to the game.
PerkinsFor3
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,977

Post#107 » by PerkinsFor3 » Fri Oct 2, 2015 9:58 am

Hmmm,, and in the meantime I can't remember Hayward EVER saying anything about Burke hahaha.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Official Utah Jazz 2015 Off-season Thread 

Post#108 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Oct 2, 2015 5:16 pm

PerkinsFor3 wrote:Hmmm,, and in the meantime I can't remember Hayward EVER saying anything about Burke hahaha.

That's what I was thinking. Hayward suttle way of pointing out they need a passer in starting line up.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#109 » by KqWIN » Fri Oct 2, 2015 5:30 pm

There's no question that Neto's game is much better fit with the starting lineup. With that said, this a very difficult transition. It's wouldn't surprise me if this year pans out similar to last year. Trey will have the job for the first few months before Neto takes over. Neither will be good, but the team should perform better with Neto.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#110 » by Daddy 801 » Sat Oct 3, 2015 5:20 pm

Burke starts. Subbed quickly with Neto/Cotton. We end lots of games with the three wing lineup. No reason not to. Hayward commands the ball and the end and is a willing passer.

If it's a close game and defense is going to win it will be Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Hood/Burks, Millsap.

If it's a close game and they need a bucket it will be Gobert, Favors, Hayward, Burks, Hood. Or Favors, Hayward, Hood, Burks, Cotton.

None of the scenarios I imagine need Neto or Burke to close a game. Not saying they won't. But I predict over the season the most efficient defensive and offensive lineups will be those lineups.

If Trey or "Wolf" improve enough to prove me wrong I'll be a happy man. Also, we will be very, very good if Neto or Burke become just average.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Utah Jazz