Are we now the most attractive team to Durant?

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Are we now the most attractive team to Durant? 

Post#1 » by sipclip » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:51 am

I still think he ends up staying with the thunder after the way they played in the playoffs but if he does look elsewhere I don't think anyone else comes close to us. The point guard position was the one position where we had to sell him on an unproven player but now we have a proven player at that position that compliments his game while still being able to sell him on the idea that Exum could possibly turn into a star but if that doesn't happen we would still be in great shape. Right now with the addition of Hill's 8mil salary for next year along with picking up Mack's 2.4mil option we would be at 67.4mil with a salary cap number of 94mil. If we were to dump Burke and Pleiss we would gain an additional 6.1mil in space.

C- Gobert, Withey
Pf- Favors, Lyles
Sf- Durant, Hood, Ingles
Sg- Hayward, Burks
Pg- Hill, Exum, Mack, Neto

That team is downright scary and pitching it to Durant is downright easy. That team is insanely long, athletic, loaded with shooters and defenders. More importantly there is zero doubt who the number 1 option is and everyone else falls right in line.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Re: Are we now the most attractive team to Durant? 

Post#2 » by stitches » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:53 am

Umh... no. It's extremely hard for a tea that hasn't even been to the playoffs to convince a top 5 player that they are the team to join. I think GSW and OKC are the clear best options for him.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#3 » by AingesBurner » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:55 am

It's doable, if he does pick a team besides OKC, picking Utah won't make him look like a schmuck.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#4 » by AingesBurner » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:55 am

If he did pick us we would be the deepest team in the league without a doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ingles is cooked.
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#5 » by sipclip » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:02 am

stitches wrote:Umh... no. It's extremely hard for a tea that hasn't even been to the playoffs to convince a top 5 player that they are the team to join. I think GSW and OKC are the clear best options for him.

Nope. Having not made the playoffs doesn't matter one bit. Durant knows how talented these guys are and knows that if he were to join them they would be the favorite to win the title. With the warriors he would also be the favorite to win the title but he would get crap for joining a team to ride Curry's coattail and he wouldn't be the bonafide number 1 option. With the warriors he is fighting for shots while with the jazz he is the man and getting his 20 shots every game.

As far as OKC goes I don't think there is even a debate between the 2 rosters.

C- Adams, Kanter
Pf- Ibaka, McGary, Collison
Sf- Durant, Singler
Sg- Roberson, Waiters
Pg- Westbrook, Payne

vs.

C- Gobert, Withey
Pf- Favors, Lyles
Sf- Durant, Hood
Sg- Hayward, Burks
Pg- Hill, Exum, Mack

No comparison between those 2. The jazz with Durant destroy the thunder with Durant.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#6 » by KqWIN » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:10 am

First we get LeBron, then we pitch to Durant.
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#7 » by DelaneyRudd » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:41 am

If KD wants to come into a team, immediately be the only star and make the team a top 3 contender it makes sense... But I'm not holding my breath.

Sent from Dry_Fish using his butt.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#8 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:03 am

Sadly, no. Ain't happening.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,566

Post#9 » by jpengland » Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:47 am

I have said for a few months, fit wise there is nothing better for Durant. It won't happen but that roster with Durant is a favourite alongside the Cavs and GSW and the length, size, rebounding and defense would be a nightmare for anybody in the playoffs. It also gives him his own team and chance to build a legacy.

It won't happen - but it should. And if I am the Jazz I am doing everything possible to get him sat down in a room with Stockton and Malone.
Denizfeital
Starter
And1: 198

Post#10 » by Denizfeital » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:35 am

Most attractive? Why exactly?

We did not even make the playoffs. The only difference now is that we have added Hill.

Unfortunately, we are not even close to be the most attractive.

Regards,

Deniz
sipclip
Head Coach

Post#11 » by sipclip » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:29 pm

Denizfeital wrote:Most attractive? Why exactly?

We did not even make the playoffs. The only difference now is that we have added Hill.

Regards,

Deniz

Having not made the playoffs previously doesn't matter one bit. Add Durant and Hill to our core group of young players and we are the favorite to win the nba title. That roster that I posted is without a doubt the best team in the nba and isn't particularly close. The level of size, length, skill, athleticism and depth would be off the charts.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#12 » by goober » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:38 pm

I was shocked to see the Suns seriously considered by LMA last season, so who knows, I highly doubt it though.
Denizfeital
Starter
And1: 198

Post#13 » by Denizfeital » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:50 pm

sipclip wrote:
Denizfeital wrote:Most attractive? Why exactly?

Regards,

Deniz

Having not made the playoffs previously doesn't matter one bit. Add Durant and Hill to our core group of young players and we are the favorite to win the nba title. That roster that I posted is without a doubt the best team in the nba and isn't particularly close. The level of size, length, skill, athleticism and depth would be off the charts.

Not trying to argue with you, but adding Duran in at least 50% of the teams will make them one of the favorites to win the title.

My points is that The Jazz have nothing special to offer to him. He is the special one in the equation. :D

Regards,

Deniz
idajazz
Analyst
And1: 139

Post#14 » by idajazz » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:11 pm

you still have got to pitch it.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#15 » by Daddy 801 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:36 pm

I'm sure if given a chance DL will make a pitch. I'm sure we would hear some feel good story about how he almost chose Utah. And then he signs with whoever Nike tells him he should sign with.
Luigi
General Manager
And1: 3,590

Post#16 » by Luigi » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:23 pm

We don't look too bad. But it is hard to compete with the Warriors, Spurs, Thunder. Those teams just got done with some very impressive accomplishments. I mean, even the Wizards might look better right now.

I'm not one to say Utah can never get a star in free agency. People dismiss free agency for the Jazz without good reasons, repeating silly things about nightlife. But we aren't the most attractive team to Durant.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.

Return to Utah Jazz