Trades, trade rumors, trade ideas: Season 2016-2017

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Re: Trades, trade rumors, trade ideas: Season 2016-2017 

Post#721 » by KqWIN » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:18 pm

GobertReport wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=hlyx7qf

Gist of the trade is we send out Favors, Mack, Withey, a 1st, and a 2nd for Wilson Chandler and Jae Crowder.

That is truly awful for every team outside of Utah.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,298

Post#722 » by babyjax13 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:21 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
KqWIN wrote:Before we make hypotheticals about what we could have done, you have to remember that Vivek thinks that Buddy is some kind of god. We look at Hield as a future role player, he thinks of him like a future superstar. The Pistons offered Andre Drummond. He's not good either, but certainly has the a larger reputation than Buddy and would have been easier to sell to the fans. He's the same age as Buddy! Buddy was the key piece in this trade, and they are in love with him. 28 other fanbases are probably thinking they could have beat that package, but none of them had Buddy.

This is the key. The Sun's actually offered a much better package and that was rejected.

What did the Suns offer?

If I remember right: Alex Len, one of Bender/Chriss, Brandon Knight, and their unprotected 1st.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#723 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:22 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
This is the key. The Sun's actually offered a much better package and that was rejected.

What did the Suns offer?

If I remember right: Alex Len, one of Bender/Chriss, Brandon Knight, and their unprotected 1st.

That is indeed a better offer. smh at the Kings management . :nonono:
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#724 » by babyjax13 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:28 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:What did the Suns offer?

Not only that, but apparently the Kings picked the Pelicans offer because
1) they really like Buddy Hield
2) they really dislike Brandon Knight

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#725 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:34 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

I can understand why they may not like Knight, though he's on a very reasonable contract. I don't get why they like Heild so much, if that is indeed the case. Nothing against him as a player, he might end up being a good player, but man, he's just not in that caliber of players that are a centerpiece of a trade for a star like Boogie.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#726 » by babyjax13 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:43 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:That is indeed a better offer. smh at the Kings management . :nonono:

I can understand why they may not like Knight, though he's on a very reasonable contract. I don't get why they like Heild so much, if that is indeed the case. Nothing against him as a player, he might end up being a good player, but man, he's just not in that caliber of players that are a centerpiece of a trade for a star like Boogie.

I just don't see why Knight would prevent them from pulling the trigger when the upside of the offer they accepted was a top 3 protected pick and a prospect that no one expects to be the centerpiece of a contending team. I loved Buddy in college, and I think he *can* be a very good pro...but the Kings have to hope they get the first pick in the draft....otherwise they look really stupid (they already do, but worse).

JColl
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#727 » by AingesBurner » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:44 pm

KqWIN wrote:

Gist of the trade is we send out Favors, Mack, Withey, a 1st, and a 2nd for Wilson Chandler and Jae Crowder.

How so? Sac gets a young PG for one of their many bigs, Nugs get a 1st round pick and expiring contracts for Chandler, Boston gets a young big on a rookie deal, an ideal center, and a 2nd for Crowder, Gerald Green, and Rozier, and Utah gets two players that would fit ideally for the stretch 4 and these two players also are on cheap, long term contracts, the Jazz could also try to flip Lyles, Burks, Hood, and other assets for another stud such as Butler or PG13.
Ingles is cooked.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#728 » by AingesBurner » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:45 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

I just don't see why Knight would prevent them from pulling the trigger when the upside of the offer they accepted was a top 3 protected pick and a prospect that no one expects to be the centerpiece of a contending team. I loved Buddy in college, and I think he *can* be a very good pro...but the Kings have to hope they get the first pick in the draft....otherwise they look really stupid (they already do, but worse).

The heart wants what the heart wants, in this case its a dude with a sweet Caribbean accent.
Ingles is cooked.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,023

Post#729 » by SoCalJazzFan » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:06 pm

I would imagine the Kings are going to dump any player that will help them win at this point.

Could the Jazz get Collison on the cheap (e.g. Neto and/or a second rounder)? Get something from the Cavs for Mack and give Dante a bunch of Dleague burn time. Collison feasts on second unit PGs and is a good shooter, he could be a spark from the bench and good enough to play the starter when needed. This is a see how far we can go this year move as he is expiring.
Matt007b
Sixth Man
And1: 161

Post#730 » by Matt007b » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:26 pm

It's probably going to be a fire sale over there at the Kings now.. if they're not young with some upside they're selling.. so maybe there's something to grab and steal for nothing?
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#731 » by KqWIN » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:37 pm

GobertReport wrote:
KqWIN wrote:

How so? Sac gets a young PG for one of their many bigs, Nugs get a 1st round pick and expiring contracts for Chandler, Boston gets a young big on a rookie deal, an ideal center, and a 2nd for Crowder, Gerald Green, and Rozier, and Utah gets two players that would fit ideally for the stretch 4 and these two players also are on cheap, long term contracts, the Jazz could also try to flip Lyles, Burks, Hood, and other assets for another stud such as Butler or PG13.

That is a bunch of garbage for Denver. Maybe one of those guys is even worth a roster spot for them. A first for Chandler isn't that terrible...but expirings don't mean anything to Denver.

Sacramento isn't trading Papa for Rozier. Why in the world would they do that? They just spent the 13th pick in the draft on him. Even if they've decided he's no good Rozier isn't good either and has less time on his rookie deal. Even if they are equal, it makes no sense for the team acquiring the star big to be the ones trading a PG for a C.

Lastly, it implies that Favors and Crowder are remotely close in value. There's no way that's possible. Crowder is a better player on a better deal and plays a more coveted position. They are miles apart at this point. Favors is no one's ideal C.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#732 » by KqWIN » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:41 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:I would imagine the Kings are going to dump any player that will help them win at this point.

Could the Jazz get Collison on the cheap (e.g. Neto and/or a second rounder)? Get something from the Cavs for Mack and give Dante a bunch of Dleague burn time. Collison feasts on second unit PGs and is a good shooter, he could be a spark from the bench and good enough to play the starter when needed. This is a see how far we can go this year move as he is expiring.

The brilliance of the Kings is that they can't even tank into the top 5. Philly has a pick swap with them and are likely to finish with a better record.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#733 » by Daddy 801 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:44 pm

KqWIN wrote:
SoCalJazzFan wrote:I would imagine the Kings are going to dump any player that will help them win at this point.

The brilliance of the Kings is that they can't even tank into the top 5. Philly has a pick swap with them and are likely to finish with a better record.

Hinkie is a master. He will have a job again soon.

But from Sacs point of view this doesn't stop from tanking.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#734 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:51 pm

Matt007b wrote:It's probably going to be a fire sale over there at the Kings now.. if they're not young with some upside they're selling.. so maybe there's something to grab and steal for nothing?

There is. They just waived Matt Barnes...

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#735 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:02 pm

As if that trade wasn't awful enough for Sacramento, being forced to waive Barnes just so they can facilitate the trade makes it even more atrocious. They had, in effect, traded Barnes away too. So it's that package of meh from the Pelicans for Cousins+Casspi+Barnes. Just terrible. And the Kings did a favor to the rest of the league by making Barnes cheaper for everyone else after he clears waivers.

The Pelicans desperately need wings. Now, imagine if on top of that trade, they manage to pick Barnes off waivers too...

AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#736 » by AingesBurner » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:13 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:As if that trade wasn't awful enough for Sacramento, being forced to waive Barnes just so they can facilitate the trade makes it even more atrocious. They had, in effect, traded Barnes away too. So it's that package of meh from the Pelicans for Cousins+Casspi+Barnes. Just terrible. And the Kings did a favor to the rest of the league by making Barnes cheaper for everyone else after he clears waivers.

The Pelicans desperately need wings. Now, imagine if on top of that trade, they manage to pick Barnes off waivers too...

Its like they are receiving good karma after the CP3 trade, wish the Jazz would get some from the DWill trade.
Ingles is cooked.
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#737 » by sipclip » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:50 am

KqWIN wrote:

They need to tank into the top 10 though or else their pick goes to the bulls.
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#738 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:14 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:
Matt007b wrote:It's probably going to be a fire sale over there at the Kings now.. if they're not young with some upside they're selling.. so maybe there's something to grab and steal for nothing?

I would stop being a Jazz fan.

Barnes should've been out of this league years ago.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#739 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:17 pm

UTJazzFan_Echo1 wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

He's actually been pretty decent this year. Not saying we want or need him on the Jazz, but he's a an example of the Kings practically giving decent players away for free, since they waived him and got nothing for him.

UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#740 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:22 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
UTJazzFan_Echo1 wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:There is. They just waived Matt Barnes...

He's actually been pretty decent this year. Not saying we want or need him on the Jazz, but he's a an example of the Kings practically giving decent players away for free, since they waived him and got nothing for him.

The dude is the worst influence in the entire league. He makes Cousins look like a monastery monk.

He should probably be banned from the league once his case in New York works itself out. Not to mention him shoving a coach during a near on-court brawl.

He has been anything but decent. Both on and off the court.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.

Return to Utah Jazz