Motiejunas to Jazz?

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Re: Motiejunas to Jazz? 

Post#21 » by Daddy 801 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:59 pm

stitches wrote:
Daddy 801 wrote:I forgot about DM injuries concerns. That is a totally valid reason not to sign him and move Favs. Couldn't agree more.

Also, just because I'm posting what I think the Jazz might do to move on from Favs doesn't mean I would move on from him if I was running the team. The Jazz are going to be amazing if Favs comes back full health. I just think there is more to his health than what we know. And some of these types of moves wouldn't totally surprise me. IF Favs health is an issue and management believes it could be an issue for the rest of his career they should try to trade him and get as much value as they can.

It's not totally out of the question that there is more than they've announced publicly. The problem is that they are required to hand in any medical records on a player they are trading... thus... whatever we(the Jazz FO) know, the team we are trading him to will know as well. I guess their medical staff might think differently than ours that his injuries are not long-term concern and OK the trade, but at that point I'd really trust a random other team's medical staff more than ours and I probably wouldn't want us to trade him. I'm in a bit of a catch 22 here. :D

Not knowing anything about Favs issues makes the whole thing impossible to say what to do. I really wish this wasn't an issue and he was healthy. We would be blowing teams out with our depth. And he has been a great guy taking less on his contract, working with community, and Favs Fridays.
Matt007b
Sixth Man
And1: 161

Post#22 » by Matt007b » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:24 pm

I wonder if there's a way to send out Boris Diaw.. to me that hasn't totally worked out at that price. Motiejunas can spread the floor with Gobert if Favors is indeed out long term... Motiejunas hasn't been totally healthy or reliable but his numbers are pretty impressive...

anyway interesting rumor :)
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,291

Post#23 » by Jstock12 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:40 pm

Matt007b wrote:I wonder if there's a way to send out Boris Diaw.. to me that hasn't totally worked out at that price. Motiejunas can spread the floor with Gobert if Favors is indeed out long term... Motiejunas hasn't been totally healthy or reliable but his numbers are pretty impressive...

anyway interesting rumor :)

Or it could be just something that DMo's agent is telling the Rockets GM to generate some kind of leverage in their negotiations, perhaps...
Matt007b
Sixth Man

Post#24 » by Matt007b » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:12 pm

^I can see an agent doing that.. usually the Jazz are super tight lipped about anything and if the board is posting about it, it's normally not true.
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#25 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:22 pm

Quin Snyder has expressed his interest in stretch bigs in the past so it makes sense from our end as far as the X's and O's are concerned.

The money and risk is where the problem would be. I think he's worth the gamble if it's a 1 year deal or maybe even a 2 year deal but anything more than that and I don't think we'd have any interest.

I'd love to replace Withey. He's been terrible this year.

One part of this rumor is the the big "IF" related to Favors being out for an extended period of time. I would've thought that they'd know about that by now if that were the case. And if that's true, then you'd think this deal would be on the verge of happening. The longer the Jazz wait to pull the trigger on it, the less and less sense it makes for them because that's just another day closer to Favors coming back.

I'll also never grow tired of the Rockets hate for the Jazz. They deserved every one of those loses we handed them.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
Jstock12
RealGM

Post#26 » by Jstock12 » Thu Dec 1, 2016 6:09 pm

stitches wrote:What I can't phatom is why Brooklyn has not jumped on the opportunity yet? What's stopping them? They can afford giving him 2-3 year deal at 10-12M?

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#27 » by stitches » Thu Dec 1, 2016 9:50 pm

Jstock12 wrote:
stitches wrote:What I can't phatom is why Brooklyn has not jumped on the opportunity yet? What's stopping them? They can afford giving him 2-3 year deal at 10-12M?

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I'm good! I need to be a GM somewhere... or at least an assistant GM... or video coordninator... OK, OK... I can bring water to the players. Anybody wanna hire me?
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#28 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Dec 2, 2016 2:06 am

stitches wrote:I'm good! I need to be a GM somewhere... or at least an assistant GM... or video coordninator... OK, OK... I can bring water to the players. Anybody wanna hire me?

You have absolutely no skills to offer the Jazz. You'd be perfect for the medical staff.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#29 » by Daddy 801 » Fri Dec 2, 2016 2:37 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:
stitches wrote:I'm good! I need to be a GM somewhere... or at least an assistant GM... or video coordninator... OK, OK... I can bring water to the players. Anybody wanna hire me?

You have absolutely no skills to offer the Jazz. You'd be perfect for the medical staff.

Hahahahahahaha. This literally had me laughing out loud. Nice one. Not sure how but I'd totally use it as a "sig" or whatever it's called to have a little quote below my name if I knew how.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#30 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Dec 2, 2016 2:55 am

Daddy 801 wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

Hahahahahahaha. This literally had me laughing out loud. Nice one. Not sure how but I'd totally use it as a "sig" or whatever it's called to have a little quote below my name if I knew how.

Go for it.

1. click on your username on the top right and select "preferences".
2. select the "profile" tab.
3. select "edit signature" on the left.
4. copy\paste the quote or whatever else you want.
5. press "submit", and you're done.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#31 » by bakesale » Fri Dec 2, 2016 7:45 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:I always liked DMO. Don't know what it'll mean for our current roster long term, but I like his game a lot for this team.

I don't mind him as well. I think he's a good fill in for when favors is injured. I feel like Diaw is on his last legs so I think he will be a good back up big until further notice.
Jstock12
RealGM

Post#32 » by Jstock12 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 7:26 pm

Thought this might be relevant.

Read on Twitter
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#33 » by stitches » Tue Dec 6, 2016 7:28 pm

Jstock12 wrote:Thought this might be relevant.

Read on Twitter

Interesting, I doubt it's Utah, but... who knows...
sipclip
Head Coach
And1: 1,240

Post#34 » by sipclip » Tue Dec 6, 2016 8:03 pm

stitches wrote:

Read on Twitter

If there is any truth to this then we better hope that it isn't us or this turns into tampering and we are screwed. Likely losing at least one 1st if not multiple 1sts. If this is the case then Lindsey needs to be fired immediately. I think the more likely scenario is that the jazz had an offer on the table that maybe paid more but the nets provided a lot more playing time. Of course once the rockets matched you had BJ Armstrong looking like the incompetent agent that he is and trying to get out of the deal. He really is a horrible agent. My guess would be that this is going to be the last client that he ever gets.
Jstock12
RealGM

Post#35 » by Jstock12 » Tue Dec 6, 2016 8:06 pm

sipclip wrote:
stitches wrote:

Read on Twitter

If there is any truth to this then we better hope that it isn't us or this turns into tampering and we are screwed. Likely losing at least one 1st if not multiple 1sts. If this is the case then Lindsey needs to be fired immediately. I think the more likely scenario is that the jazz had an offer on the table that maybe paid more but the nets provided a lot more playing time. Of course once the rockets matched you had BJ Armstrong looking like the incompetent agent that he is and trying to get out of the deal. He really is a horrible agent. My guess would be that this is going to be the last client that he ever gets.

I agree. This is pretty obvious tampering. The question is whether it's provable. But even taking that gamble would be inadequate work by any GM.
Matt007b
Sixth Man

Post#36 » by Matt007b » Wed Dec 7, 2016 12:14 am

wow.. he really does NOT want to play for the rockets...
Matt007b
Sixth Man

Post#37 » by Matt007b » Wed Dec 7, 2016 12:47 am

This is a stupid question.. I don't know the CBA very well.. but if a restricted free agent signs an offer with the Nets which isn't that great but it's the best deal available.. then immediately the Rockets match because it's team friendly... right before he reports to his physical the Jazz (or wolves..) call his agent and say "hey wait a minute.. if you can hold off we're going to offer something better in the morning"

is that tampering?
Matt007b
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by Matt007b » Wed Dec 7, 2016 1:02 am

Just thinking out loud.. I wonder if the Jazz put an offer before the Nets offer.. and now Motiejunas has changed his mind and wants to join the Jazz? That's not tampering..? OH WELL *GRABS POPCORN*
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#39 » by AingesBurner » Wed Dec 7, 2016 1:10 am

If the Jazz made an offer for Motie than that means Favors is the odd man out and he will be on the market shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ingles is cooked.
Jstock12
RealGM

Post#40 » by Jstock12 » Wed Dec 7, 2016 9:35 am

Matt007b wrote:Just thinking out loud.. I wonder if the Jazz put an offer before the Nets offer.. and now Motiejunas has changed his mind and wants to join the Jazz? That's not tampering..? OH WELL *GRABS POPCORN*

The Rockets board is fairly convinced it's Utah. That same known insider cyberx (who isn't a Rockets fan btw) has created a thread about Utah offering more money.

Return to Utah Jazz