If he leaves it will be because?

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

TO11
Senior
And1: 297

Re: If he leaves it will be because? 

Post#21 » by TO11 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:15 am

If Hayward leaves it will be because....he enjoys losing to the Cavs by 40 something rather than losing the Warriors by 20 something. lol Celtics will be no closer than the Jazz to a Championship should he decide to go...
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#22 » by AingesBurner » Sat May 20, 2017 3:37 am

I think it helps that Rudy is a finalist for a few awards and is 2nd all NBA, Boston doesn't have that.
Ingles is cooked.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#23 » by Catchall » Sat May 20, 2017 4:24 am

Horford and IT on max deals are not the cornerstones of a contender.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
outerspacefella
Analyst
And1: 73

Post#24 » by outerspacefella » Sun May 21, 2017 8:33 pm

Hayward's a smart dude. He already secured himself his path to get between close to 100 millions over the next 3 years and more than 340 millions over the next 8 years. He won't be risking it on an injury signing a 1+1 for a chance to get a superdeal next season; besides... James, Leonard, Durant, Butler, Antetokoumpo and Draymond Green will still be there claiming their All NBA spots I guess...).
So, if he leaves, it will be for no money reasons; it will be just because he prefers another team as his best chance to get his ring, or because he wants to live warmer :wink: .
I'm with Jeff Van Gundy... Hayward probably already knows what he will do.

Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#25 » by Daddy 801 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:14 am

outerspacefella wrote:Hayward's a smart dude. He already secured himself his path to get between close to 100 millions over the next 3 years and more than 340 millions over the next 8 years. He won't be risking it on an injury signing a 1+1 for a chance to get a superdeal next season; besides... James, Leonard, Durant, Butler, Antetokoumpo and Draymond Green will still be there claiming their All NBA spots I guess...).
So, if he leaves, it will be for no money reasons; it will be just because he prefers another team as his best chance to get his ring, or because he wants to live warmer :wink: .
I'm with Jeff Van Gundy... Hayward probably already knows what he will do.

It's more risky to go the route assuming he will be good enough to get a max in 3-4 years. I hope he is. Wish him nothing but the best. But it's a risk.
erudite23
Lead Assistant
And1: 659

Post#26 » by erudite23 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:32 am

Too much to lose for him to make that move. He could easily lose 20 mil off of the last year alone, while never sniffing anything close to a max deal the next time around. Players are notoriously risk averse. The financial part of the decision will be based on maximizing this contract and this contract alone. He'll balance that with best situation for winning and his desire to finish what he started with the guys he's built it with. I think its 75% chance he stays.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#27 » by stitches » Mon May 22, 2017 7:30 am

Those numbers are all very cute and all... until you realize that nobody is taking gambles when it comes to 100s of millions of dollars. I will be shocked if Hayward opted for anything less than the absolute maximum years he can get(4+1 for us, 3+1 for another team). And until you realize that all the numbers past 2021 with another team are completely fictitious. Those are not real... those are BEST CASE projections. There are about 100 things that could go wrong that would drop those numbers significantly - there are 3 years that he needs to go without significant injury, without setbacks of any sort, those are 3 years he has to go without decline in form.... and then in addition - he has to assume that at age 30 somebody is going to be willing to give him 5max if all those happen to be true. This is all fantasy and wishful thinking. I cannot underscore this enough. Nobody can afford to think in those terms... unless they are LeBron really, who would get max even if he tore his ACL the day he hits free agency.

The reality is the Jazz can give him 5max GUARANTEED with 8% raises. Any other team can give him 4max guaranteed with 4% raises. Anything else is conjecture on VERY flimsy assumptions. If the money are a significant part of his decision, the difference of what he can get from us vs from others is NOT insignificant, no matter how much Bill Simmons will tell you otherwise. The thing is - I don't believe the money will be the main driving force behind his decision to begin with. Unfortunately for us I might say.
outerspacefella
Analyst

Post#28 » by outerspacefella » Mon May 22, 2017 5:50 pm

Yeap, that's it. Guess he'll sign max dollars/years with player options for the last 2 seasons... and he'll go from there.
Hope it's in Utah... and if it's not then I hope for him and his camp to be as quick as they can to tell it to DL.
In any case, I wish him the best. He certainly did not have a sweet path conquering many of us... but he did, and now he's got nothing but the utmost respect from the whole Jazz world.
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Post#29 » by MTJazzv3 » Tue May 23, 2017 11:33 pm

outerspacefella wrote:Yeap, that's it. Guess he'll sign max dollars/years with player options for the last 2 seasons... and he'll go from there.
Hope it's in Utah... and if it's not then I hope for him and his camp to be as quick as they can to tell it to DL.
In any case, I wish him the best. He certainly did not have a sweet path conquering many of us... but he did, and now he's got nothing but the utmost respect from the whole Jazz world.

I will attest that on our old forum you were totally a Hay-hater up until a couple years ago when you saw the light! Good on you for admitting you were SO WRONG :lol:
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
outerspacefella
Analyst

Post#30 » by outerspacefella » Wed May 24, 2017 4:27 pm

MTJazzv3 wrote:
outerspacefella wrote:Yeap, that's it. Guess he'll sign max dollars/years with player options for the last 2 seasons... and he'll go from there.

I will attest that on our old forum you were totally a Hay-hater up until a couple years ago when you saw the light! Good on you for admitting you were SO WRONG :lol:

Ouch... still remember calling him Wheeler...
U're cruel MT! :wink:
Lava Rock Kid
Sixth Man
And1: 358

Post#31 » by Lava Rock Kid » Thu May 25, 2017 4:50 pm

If Hayward leaves it is because their is no cultural diversity in Utah, he cant get good soul food in Utah, he cant even get a good haircut.
Rauxcee
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,072

Post#32 » by Rauxcee » Thu May 25, 2017 10:00 pm

Lava Rock Kid wrote:If Hayward leaves it is because their is no cultural diversity in Utah, he cant get good soul food in Utah, he cant even get a good haircut.

Well someone in Utah is giving him a mighty fine haircut. He might have the best hair in the NBA. In fact, maybe he likes his stylist here so much that's why he stays? :D

Return to Utah Jazz