Suns/jazz Trade: Bledsoe for Favors and picks

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Re: Suns/jazz Trade: Bledsoe for Favors and picks 

Post#21 » by AingesBurner » Thu May 18, 2017 3:41 pm

stitches wrote:For what it's worth I think this trade is reasonable.

Oh **** you know if Stitches aka the biggest Favors fan likes this trade you know it's fair.
Ingles is cooked.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#22 » by stitches » Thu May 18, 2017 3:42 pm

GobertReport wrote:

Oh **** you know if Stitches aka the biggest Favors fan likes this trade you know it's fair.

I mean... at least it's something of actual value you are getting and it solves our second biggest problem in July(finding a PG) and he comes with a good salary.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#23 » by KqWIN » Thu May 18, 2017 3:44 pm

Yeah this trade has always seemed reasonable. Neither team has much leverage, but the value tilts towards Bledsoe because he has more years imo. Similar caliber of players when healthy. Question marks for both.
stitches
RealGM

Post#24 » by stitches » Thu May 18, 2017 3:48 pm

KqWIN wrote:Yeah this trade has always seemed reasonable. Neither team has much leverage, but the value tilts towards Bledsoe because he has more years imo. Similar caliber of players when healthy. Question marks for both.

Yeah, last year I wouldn't have traded Favors for Bledsoe, because I thought he had more value... now because of Favors' injuries we probably need to add a first to do it, but IMO it's reasonable.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#25 » by AingesBurner » Thu May 18, 2017 3:59 pm

stitches wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

I mean... at least it's something of actual value you are getting and it solves our second biggest problem in July(finding a PG) and he comes with a good salary.

Definitely agree.
Ingles is cooked.
mglee
Freshman
And1: 12

Post#26 » by mglee » Thu May 18, 2017 5:29 pm

GobertReport wrote:
stitches wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

Definitely agree.

Yea this exactly. I don't want to be stuck with a fat contract for Hill. It would really limit the teams long term potential

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
mudsak
Starter
And1: 1,916

Post#27 » by mudsak » Fri May 19, 2017 6:04 am

And in all honesty... Bledsoe would be an awesome addition to our team. It would give us such a boost in offense. 2 backcourt guys (both of which are capable defenders) who can put up 20+ on a nightly basis. Ingles, Hood, hopefully some growth from Exum... I'd be stoked on this move.

So say we move Favors in this trade, dump Burks, let Withey/Mack walk, and probably trade away Diaw to clear some more Salary... who do we try to bring in to fill PF? I'd like to know what our salary looks like in this situation... James Johnson would be a nice addition at PF.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Post#28 » by Catchall » Fri May 19, 2017 9:33 pm

Note that the Suns shut down Bledsoe prematurely last season as he was included in potential trade proposals. That affected his games played.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,297

Post#29 » by babyjax13 » Fri May 26, 2017 4:30 am

As long as we have Gordon, I prefer players that are more effective off-ball. Bledsoe's usage is at 28.3% which puts him at 22nd (ahead of Hayward) and his EFG% is only 49% and is TS% is 56% (which is good, but not good enough for the amount he requires the ball). Hayward, Hill, and Gobert are all much more effective. I'd rather not disrupt our offense with that kind of player. I don't want to send out good assets for a lateral move (and the move from Hill to Bledsoe for our team is *at best* a lateral move). I'd rather see what we could get for Boris Diaw and a pick, or just bank on resigning Hill and then decide where to go from there. If we decide to make a major outlay for someone, Mike Conley makes a lot more sense than Bledsoe (if the Grizzlies decide to blow it up, I think we can make a competitive offer). Otherwise, grab someone like Seth Curry and roll with that. I think a healthy Hood and a healthy Favors are also more effective in our system, and that Favors (again, major caveat) is a significantly more impactful player when healthy. I know Locke has been saying that he thinks we are unlikely to retain him, but I just don't find his argument all that convincing. If long-term we have to make choices between Favors/Hood/Hill/Johnson/Alec/Ingles, Favors and Hill are the most impactful players out of that group.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
eLo
Sixth Man
And1: 132

Post#30 » by eLo » Mon May 29, 2017 12:44 am

Fav is my favorite Jazzman right now, but this trade could really work out good for us. Bledsoe could be some improvment over Hill, but main thing is that we would not to have overpay pg guy immediately, we could use this cash this summer to bring other pf liker Sap and find out what this team i seriously worth.
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#31 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Mon May 29, 2017 3:38 am

babyjax13 wrote:As long as we have Gordon, I prefer players that are more effective off-ball. Bledsoe's usage is at 28.3% which puts him at 22nd (ahead of Hayward) and his EFG% is only 49% and is TS% is 56% (which is good, but not good enough for the amount he requires the ball). Hayward, Hill, and Gobert are all much more effective. I'd rather not disrupt our offense with that kind of player. I don't want to send out good assets for a lateral move (and the move from Hill to Bledsoe for our team is *at best* a lateral move). I'd rather see what we could get for Boris Diaw and a pick, or just bank on resigning Hill and then decide where to go from there. If we decide to make a major outlay for someone, Mike Conley makes a lot more sense than Bledsoe (if the Grizzlies decide to blow it up, I think we can make a competitive offer). Otherwise, grab someone like Seth Curry and roll with that. I think a healthy Hood and a healthy Favors are also more effective in our system, and that Favors (again, major caveat) is a significantly more impactful player when healthy. I know Locke has been saying that he thinks we are unlikely to retain him, but I just don't find his argument all that convincing. If long-term we have to make choices between Favors/Hood/Hill/Johnson/Alec/Ingles, Favors and Hill are the most impactful players out of that group.

I get where you're coming from, but it also wouldn't hurt to have someone else with the ball in their hands more to take pressure off of Gordon.

Also, Seth Curry? Why is everyone so high on him all a sudden? He's not a starting caliber point guard on a playoff team.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#32 » by babyjax13 » Mon May 29, 2017 4:10 am

UTJazzFan_Echo1 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:As long as we have Gordon, I prefer players that are more effective off-ball. Bledsoe's usage is at 28.3% which puts him at 22nd (ahead of Hayward) and his EFG% is only 49% and is TS% is 56% (which is good, but not good enough for the amount he requires the ball). Hayward, Hill, and Gobert are all much more effective. I'd rather not disrupt our offense with that kind of player. I don't want to send out good assets for a lateral move (and the move from Hill to Bledsoe for our team is *at best* a lateral move). I'd rather see what we could get for Boris Diaw and a pick, or just bank on resigning Hill and then decide where to go from there. If we decide to make a major outlay for someone, Mike Conley makes a lot more sense than Bledsoe (if the Grizzlies decide to blow it up, I think we can make a competitive offer). Otherwise, grab someone like Seth Curry and roll with that. I think a healthy Hood and a healthy Favors are also more effective in our system, and that Favors (again, major caveat) is a significantly more impactful player when healthy. I know Locke has been saying that he thinks we are unlikely to retain him, but I just don't find his argument all that convincing. If long-term we have to make choices between Favors/Hood/Hill/Johnson/Alec/Ingles, Favors and Hill are the most impactful players out of that group.

I get where you're coming from, but it also wouldn't hurt to have someone else with the ball in their hands more to take pressure off of Gordon.

Also, Seth Curry? Why is everyone so high on him all a sudden? He's not a starting caliber point guard on a playoff team.

I just like him because his scoring takes place in similar spots at a similar usage to Hill. I don't see him as a long-term solution, but a good player to use as a stop-gap for Exum. Other players would obviously be better, but I don't want to have a massive outlay of assets to get them.

EDIT: And if we were going to get a second scorer, I would hope we'd at least get someone who is efficient. I'm not confident that Bledsoe is that player.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
stitches
RealGM

Post#33 » by stitches » Mon May 29, 2017 6:01 am

babyjax13 wrote:I just like him because his scoring takes place in similar spots at a similar usage to Hill. I don't see him as a long-term solution, but a good player to use as a stop-gap for Exum. Other players would obviously be better, but I don't want to have a massive outlay of assets to get them.

EDIT: And if we were going to get a second scorer, I would hope we'd at least get someone who is efficient. I'm not confident that Bledsoe is that player.

Bledsoe has 3 consecutive years with 55-56 TS%... that's what Hayward's efficiency was prior to this year. He's pretty damn efficient for his USG and for the teammates he's had.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#34 » by babyjax13 » Mon May 29, 2017 6:09 am

stitches wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I just like him because his scoring takes place in similar spots at a similar usage to Hill. I don't see him as a long-term solution, but a good player to use as a stop-gap for Exum. Other players would obviously be better, but I don't want to have a massive outlay of assets to get them.

Bledsoe has 3 consecutive years with 55-56 TS%... that's what Hayward's efficiency was prior to this year. He's pretty damn efficient for his USG and for the teammates he's had.

See my abov post. If his athletecism doesn't let him get to the line, he is inefficient. With his injuries in skeptical he can keep up that ts in the future. Maybe he'd thrive in the pnr game with Rudy and our spacing with a stretch four would keep the lane open for him, but I would rather pursue other options (including Hill).

JColl

Return to Utah Jazz