https://vt.tiktok.com/ZSN3xaRba/
Anyone see this? Check the names beginning with D
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Re: Around The NBA, 2023-2024 Season 

Post#82 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:05 am

The Hawks may have hit a new low with that loss against the Wizards. Not only are they not better or even the same as last season, but they're actually worse.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#83 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:32 pm

First it was Anunoby to the Knicks, and now Siakam is traded to the Pacers.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,682

Post#84 » by Crunch 99 » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:50 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:The Hawks may have hit a new low with that loss against the Wizards. Not only are they not better or even the same as last season, but they're actually worse.

I think our former coach is a good coach, but I am not shocked that he is doing worse by record than Nate McMillan. Coach McMillan is a good coach who was underrated and underappreciated imho.
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#85 » by red4hf » Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:51 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:First it was Anunoby to the Knicks, and now Siakam is traded to the Pacers.
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Another good trade for both teams.......
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#86 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:19 am

Apparently 70 is the new 50 and 60 is the new 40.

JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,036

Post#87 » by JazzUte88 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 3:24 am

Utah should sign Markelle Fultz in the off-season and let Kris Dunn signing with another team. Fultz can give you 8-14 PPG, 4-6 APG, 4 RPG depending on health. At worst he’s usually good for 10 points.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#88 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:06 am

JazzUte88 wrote:Utah should sign Markelle Fultz in the off-season and let Kris Dunn signing with another team. Fultz can give you 8-14 PPG, 4-6 APG, 4 RPG depending on health. At worst he’s usually good for 10 points.

Keyonte George can do that right now... Sure, Fultz is a better player at the moment but we've seen what he can do by now. He is what he is at this point.

SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,023

Post#89 » by SoCalJazzFan » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:08 pm

The magic with Kris Dunn isn't his offensive stats, its his defense and leadership. It will be interesting to see if the Jazz deal him or resign him, though.
bkohler
Rookie
And1: 450

Post#90 » by bkohler » Thu Feb 1, 2024 10:09 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
JazzUte88 wrote:Utah should sign Markelle Fultz in the off-season and let Kris Dunn signing with another team. Fultz can give you 8-14 PPG, 4-6 APG, 4 RPG depending on health. At worst he’s usually good for 10 points.

Keyonte George can do that right now... Sure, Fultz is a better player at the moment but we've seen what he can do by now. He is what he is at this point.

I'm not opposed to Fultz but I think it all depends on the cost. Get him under 7M a year, and I'm interested as that is what I think a backup PG is probably worth right now, less than the room MLE, but less than the taxpayer mid-level. Someone might convince themselves to give him the full MLE at 13M, but I'm doubtful because that leaves a team hard-capped with the new CBA.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#91 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Feb 2, 2024 10:04 am

So apparently now it's official that the draft this year will take place over two nights instead of the usual one. I think that's terrible. No need to draw it out, it's not the NFL. If anything, I'd shorten the time teams have for selections in the first round.

NBA Draft 2024 presented by State Farm expands to 2 nights
https://www.nba.com/news/nba-draft-2024-two-nights-official-release

red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#92 » by red4hf » Fri Feb 2, 2024 11:37 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:So apparently now it's official that the draft this year will take place over two nights instead of the usual one. I think that's terrible. No need to draw it out, it's not the NFL. If anything, I'd shorten the time teams have for selections in the first round.

NBA Draft 2024 presented by State Farm expands to 2 nights
https://www.nba.com/news/nba-draft-2024-two-nights-official-release

100% right in everything you said, if anything move the draft after free agency if you want to make it better and more meaningful.,.......
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#93 » by Inigo Montoya » Sun Feb 4, 2024 5:47 am

It's that time of the season again when the Lakers start to take things seriously or just sense the urgency and suddenly they start winning. First they win on the road in Boston without LeBron and AD and now they beat the Knicks on the road.

On the other hand, the Mavs continue to drop. They are currently the 8th seed and aren't far away from the Lakers or the Jazz. Imploding in the regular season by missing the playoffs again or get bounced in the first round would make things interesting. Somebody tell me where AingesBurner's surveillance van is, I'm in on the Doncic watch.

As for the trade deadline, the one team I'd be interested in if I were the Jazz is the Rockets. They have a lot of young talent and perhaps they could be persuaded to part with some of it. Jalen Green would be a really good reclamation project for the Jazz and exactly the type of buy low players that could pay off. Has all the tools, still very young (22 in 5 days), just needs to learn how to play. If you believe in the Jazz's development ability, he's a great candidate.

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#94 » by AingesBurner » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:18 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:It's that time of the season again when the Lakers start to take things seriously or just sense the urgency and suddenly they start winning. First they win on the road in Boston without LeBron and AD and now they beat the Knicks on the road.

On the other hand, the Mavs continue to drop. They are currently the 8th seed and aren't far away from the Lakers or the Jazz. Imploding in the regular season by missing the playoffs again or get bounced in the first round would make things interesting. Somebody tell me where AingesBurner's surveillance van is, I'm in on the Doncic watch.

As for the trade deadline, the one team I'd be interested in if I were the Jazz is the Rockets. They have a lot of young talent and perhaps they could be persuaded to part with some of it. Jalen Green would be a really good reclamation project for the Jazz and exactly the type of buy low players that could pay off. Has all the tools, still very young (22 in 5 days), just needs to learn how to play. If you believe in the Jazz's development ability, he's a great candidate.

Doncic watch!!! If they drop then time to open the check book this summer. It may take a ton of picks but the European Connection will be worth it.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#95 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Feb 6, 2024 2:58 pm

AingesBurner wrote:Doncic watch!!! If they drop then time to open the check book this summer. It may take a ton of picks but the European Connection will be worth it.

#Doncwatch.

D Rog
Junior
And1: 83

Post#96 » by D Rog » Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:12 am

This is why I do not believe the future FRP from the Lakers is worth as much as everybody believes. They reload faster than most if not all teams. When things aren't going their way they tamper with players already under contract. Does anybody believe they have not already spoken to the agents, about acquiring these players? The Lakers probably wrote the article to make sure the players and agents get the message. When the Lakers were caught tampering with AD while he was at New Orleans, they got a slap on the wrist. If you don't think the Lakers tampered with Kobe to get him away from Charlotte then you are lying to yourself. The NBA allows them to get away with anything they want. This is why the NBA is a joke and the Lakers will win 3 more titles before the Jazz get to sniff the WCF again.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/274651/Lakers-To-Use-Three-Future-1sts-To-Pursue-Star-Trade-Targeting-Donovan-Mitchell-Trae-Young-Kyrie-Irving
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#97 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Feb 10, 2024 11:11 am

D Rog wrote:This is why I do not believe the future FRP from the Lakers is worth as much as everybody believes. They reload faster than most if not all teams. When things aren't going their way they tamper with players already under contract. Does anybody believe they have not already spoken to the agents, about acquiring these players? The Lakers probably wrote the article to make sure the players and agents get the message. When the Lakers were caught tampering with AD while he was at New Orleans, they got a slap on the wrist. If you don't think the Lakers tampered with Kobe to get him away from Charlotte then you are lying to yourself. The NBA allows them to get away with anything they want. This is why the NBA is a joke and the Lakers will win 3 more titles before the Jazz get to sniff the WCF again.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/274651/Lakers-To-Use-Three-Future-1sts-To-Pursue-Star-Trade-Targeting-Donovan-Mitchell-Trae-Young-Kyrie-Irving

Since 2014 they drafted Julius Randle at #7, D'Angelo Russell at #2, Brandon Ingram at #2 and Lonzo Ball at #2, all with their own picks, so they do spend time in that range. They also sent the #4 pick to the Pelicans in 2019 (who then sent it to Atlanta who drafted De'Andre Hunter).

So We're talking about five top-7 picks in five straight years. Nothing is guaranteed but the Jazz's pick could definitely fall in such a stretch of bad years.

bkohler
Rookie
And1: 450

Post#98 » by bkohler » Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:28 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
D Rog wrote:This is why I do not believe the future FRP from the Lakers is worth as much as everybody believes. They reload faster than most if not all teams. When things aren't going their way they tamper with players already under contract. Does anybody believe they have not already spoken to the agents, about acquiring these players? The Lakers probably wrote the article to make sure the players and agents get the message. When the Lakers were caught tampering with AD while he was at New Orleans, they got a slap on the wrist. If you don't think the Lakers tampered with Kobe to get him away from Charlotte then you are lying to yourself. The NBA allows them to get away with anything they want. This is why the NBA is a joke and the Lakers will win 3 more titles before the Jazz get to sniff the WCF again.

Since 2014 they drafted Julius Randle at #7, D'Angelo Russell at #2, Brandon Ingram at #2 and Lonzo Ball at #2, all with their own picks, so they do spend time in that range. They also sent the #4 pick to the Pelicans in 2019 (who then sent it to Atlanta who drafted De'Andre Hunter).

So We're talking about five top-7 picks in five straight years. Nothing is guaranteed but the Jazz's pick could definitely fall in such a stretch of bad years.

Yeah, I think there's a better chance of them keeping the pick then them not falling into the lottery range. They're already really close to that range right now and they'll most likely have some lean years ahead with Lebron/AD aging out.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,036

Post#99 » by JazzUte88 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:43 am

bkohler wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

I'm not opposed to Fultz but I think it all depends on the cost. Get him under 7M a year, and I'm interested as that is what I think a backup PG is probably worth right now, less than the room MLE, but less than the taxpayer mid-level. Someone might convince themselves to give him the full MLE at 13M, but I'm doubtful because that leaves a team hard-capped with the new CBA.

The thing with Fultz is that he has upside if he can stay healthy with his knees & TOS (shot). At worst, he would be decent to sign on a 1-year deal or 2 as a tank commander in the current Kris Dunn role.

Idk I just feel like Markelle Fultz could be a low-rent, average PG, tank help version of Donovan Mitchell for entertainment value while George, Hendricks, Markkanen, etc continue to develop. lol
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#100 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:17 pm

OKC waive Aleksej Pokusevski.
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/274794/Thunder-Waive-Aleksej-Pokusevski

They are at a point where they are forced letting talent walk due to lack of roster spots and upcoming financial crunch (SGA+Williams+Chet). And over the past several drafts they basically gave away draft picks because they have too many, and I expect we'll see the same in this upcoming draft as well. If the Jazz keep their own pick this season it would almost be like the Jazz will be doing OKC a favor, as they could have 3 first round picks in this draft.

Return to Utah Jazz