babyjax13 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Up to 54.9% TS but trending up. TS by month:
October: 52.9%
November: 47.3%
December: 54.5%
January: 56.6%
February: 56.5%
March: 62.3%

His March has obviously been a bit nutty and we are only halfway through so that number should come down, but this is pretty promising. As for the Burke comparison, his best TS% month his rookie season was 51.5% (the only month over 50%). His second year he had no months over 50%, his third year his best month was 54%TS, and his 4th year he had 1 month at 61% but otherwise most were in the 40s.

Cooled off in March in a big way, seemed to coincide with effectively having to be a 1st/2nd option on offense and inserting the other rookies into the offense.

October: 52.9%
November: 47.3%
December: 54.5%
January: 56.6%
February: 56.5%
March: 52.0%

Total: 52.9%

Had a slight uptick to end the season.

March: 52.0%
April: 54.8%
Total: 53.3%

I think he started to settle into a larger role in March + teams were sitting some players. Overall I'm not encouraged or discouraged by his shooting, I think it was very typical of rookie guards and his career can obviously go many directions. With his apparent intelligence in breaking down film and his potential as a shooter + work ethic (totally transformed his body in one summer) I have some faith that he's going to be a solid NBA player, it's just a question of if he's more DLo/Clarkson or Murray if things go well.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,026

Re: KEYONTE GEORGE 

Post#62 » by SoCalJazzFan » Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:21 pm

A few weeks ago, Phil Johnson questioned whether Keyonte was the Jazz PGOTF as he questioned whether he was as good as the best point guards in the league.

This past week, Danny Ainge stated in his interview that he wasn’t sure if Keynote is an NBA starting PG, pointing out that it was his first year playing PG. He gave him props for his talent, IQ and work ethic, but said he wasn’t convinced yet that Keynote is a starting NBA point guard.

It will be interesting to see what happens over the next year or so, but personally, at the moment I’m not getting married to the idea of Keynote being an essential building block for the Jazz future.
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 751

Post#63 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:08 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked at all to see a pick of Castle, Topic, Collier, or Sheppard.
jazzvintage
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#64 » by jazzvintage » Sun Apr 21, 2024 7:17 pm

Personally not to high on KG.
Of course, it would be great if the kid make me eat my own crappy spoon going forward.
That said, at this time I see more potential for him as a scorer than as a point guard.

Return to Utah Jazz