KEYONTE GEORGE

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Re: KEYONTE GEORGE 

Post#21 » by AingesBurner » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:56 pm

76ciology wrote:
HeXeR wrote:The kid's the real deal. Insane assist to TO ratios over the last few games. Even historic. He'll be a part of the future for sure.

And he’s not just throwing simple passes.

Not at all, he has made some veteran savvy passes.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,682

Post#22 » by Crunch 99 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:01 pm

Since my post #14 above crashed and burned, I am going to try the reverse here :lol: : This kid can't hit the broadside of a barn. He has a worse TS% than Trent Forrest. And sixty one year old John Stockton could still get a good look at the basket with Keyonte George guarding him.
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#23 » by Crunch 99 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:02 pm

(Off the record disclosure: Longer term, I think Keyonte has a strong chance of developing in to a player with an above average TS%.)
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,572

Post#24 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:22 pm

The secret to have good TS% is to drive more and get to the line. Shooting is inconsistent and defenders could get up on you if you just keep settling for jumpers. Look at how Cam Thomas is cheating the game
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,256

Post#25 » by Catchall » Mon Nov 27, 2023 2:11 am

I think below shows the main appeal of Keyonte's game, taking deep shots off the dribble. Longer term, I would take some of the ball-handing pressure off of him and let him focus on shooting in more of a Devin Booker-type role. He's a good shooter when he's not rushed and can get his rhythm.

Read on Twitter
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Crunch 99
General Manager

Post#26 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:41 pm

Keyonte George 30 pts 3 reb 7 ast vs Oklahoma City Thunder | 2023-12-11
MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,407

Post#27 » by MalonesElbows » Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:48 pm

He's looking very Trey Burk'ish so far in his rookie campaign. Hope things improve.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#28 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Jan 5, 2024 2:57 pm

While George hasn't looked that great so far (he had some moments) and his struggles as a rookie PG who never played PG were to be expected, here is another way to look at it: our #16 pick has so far performed as well as the #3 pick who was supposed to be awesome (at least I thought so).

Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#29 » by ForeverRDjazz » Fri Jan 5, 2024 4:24 pm

MalonesElbows wrote:He's looking very Trey Burk'ish so far in his rookie campaign. Hope things improve.

He looks Zero like Trey Burks.... ZERO. Trey look like a bust day one.KG doesn't look like a bust at all. More like sixth man off the bench. Kid has nice touch of his shot and Burks looks like he can't hardly get the ball to the rim on his shot. Short and weak.. :crazy:
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#30 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Jan 5, 2024 6:02 pm

ForeverRDjazz wrote:
MalonesElbows wrote:He's looking very Trey Burk'ish so far in his rookie campaign. Hope things improve.

He looks Zero like Trey Burks.... ZERO. Trey look like a bust day one.KG doesn't look like a bust at all. More like sixth man off the bench. Kid has nice touch of his shot and Burks looks like he can't hardly get the ball to the rim on his shot. Short and weak.. :crazy:

The Trey Burks comparison is mainly about the similarity in efficiency (or lack thereof), in which Burks currently has the edge. We all complained about how inefficient he was and yet so far he's been more efficient than George. Hopefully George will improve this aspect going forward but since he was inefficient in college too, it is a cause for concern.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#31 » by ForeverRDjazz » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:47 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:

The Trey Burks comparison is mainly about the similarity in efficiency (or lack thereof), in which Burks currently has the edge. We all complained about how inefficient he was and yet so far he's been more efficient than George. Hopefully George will improve this aspect going forward but since he was inefficient in college too, it is a cause for concern.

Burks never passed the eye test and was horrible pick. I remember Trey missing like 20 straight 3s and looked like a midget. Don't see it..
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,300

Post#32 » by babyjax13 » Mon Jan 8, 2024 6:07 am

I know we never got there when he was here, either, but it is Trey Burke, not Trey Burks (don't slander Alec like that ; ).

RE: George. I still like him. I think it's becoming more clear what a fully realized Keyonte looks like and I'm afraid it may be more D'Lo than Jamal Murray.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#33 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Jan 8, 2024 8:19 am

ForeverRDjazz wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:He looks Zero like Trey Burks.... ZERO. Trey look like a bust day one.KG doesn't look like a bust at all. More like sixth man off the bench. Kid has nice touch of his shot and Burks looks like he can't hardly get the ball to the rim on his shot. Short and weak.. :crazy:

Burks never passed the eye test and was horrible pick. I remember Trey missing like 20 straight 3s and looked like a midget. Don't see it..

I agree that Burke was a bad pick--I took a lot of heat for criticizing it back in the day. But again, this is purely a statistical comparison about efficiency, in which George is currently losing in pretty much every metric to a player who was maligned for his poor efficiency. That's just a fact:
https://stathead.com/tiny/PCQVD

ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#34 » by ForeverRDjazz » Mon Jan 8, 2024 4:51 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:The Trey Burks comparison is mainly about the similarity in efficiency (or lack thereof), in which Burks currently has the edge. We all complained about how inefficient he was and yet so far he's been more efficient than George. Hopefully George will improve this aspect going forward but since he was inefficient in college too, it is a cause for concern.

I agree that Burke was a bad pick--I took a lot of heat for criticizing it back in the day. But again, this is purely a statistical comparison about efficiency, in which George is currently losing in pretty much every metric to a player who was maligned for his poor efficiency. That's just a fact:
https://stathead.com/tiny/PCQVD

You can pull any numbers you like to make your dog win. But bottom line Trey is maybe 5.11 while KG is a good 6.4 and a much better shooting touch. Trey has to be going forward to get his 3 point shot to the rim while KG can step back and make the 3. Surely you guys and find a better comparison than Trey? Anfernee Simons is a better comparison. Lets give him a full year before driving the bus over him. :-?
ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#35 » by ForeverRDjazz » Mon Jan 8, 2024 5:05 pm

babyjax13 wrote:I know we never got there when he was here, either, but it is Trey Burke, not Trey Burks (don't slander Alec like that ; ).

RE: George. I still like him. I think it's becoming more clear what a fully realized Keyonte looks like and I'm afraid it may be more D'Lo than Jamal Murray.

Trey Burke yeah. I was reading where Jazz wants KG to be more aggressive while on the floor. He's little to passive on both sides of the ball and that's more mental than physical were Burke was both.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#36 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Jan 8, 2024 7:16 pm

ForeverRDjazz wrote:You can pull any numbers you like to make your dog win. But bottom line Trey is maybe 5.11 while KG is a good 6.4 and a much better shooting touch. Trey has to be going forward to get his 3 point shot to the rim while KG can step back and make the 3. Surely you guys and find a better comparison than Trey? Anfernee Simons is a better comparison. Lets give him a full year before driving the bus over him. :-?

1. I have no 'dog' in this fight. No one was harsher on Burke than me. I called him 'Treyd Burke'...

2. No one is driving the bus over him or saying he won't be good going forward. All I'm doing is bringing up the facts by comparing their stats.

3. I'll mention it again because it doesn't seem to register--I'm not comparing their game, style of play, their physical measurables, or their ability to get their shots off. I'm simply comparing their efficiency.

4. If you can bring up any stats that make George look better or give him an edge over Burke, by all means, do so. I think most of us will find that encouraging.

5. If KG has a better shooting touch then shouldn't his shooting numbers show it?

ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#37 » by ForeverRDjazz » Tue Jan 9, 2024 12:06 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:
ForeverRDjazz wrote:You can pull any numbers you like to make your dog win. But bottom line Trey is maybe 5.11 while KG is a good 6.4 and a much better shooting touch. Trey has to be going forward to get his 3 point shot to the rim while KG can step back and make the 3. Surely you guys and find a better comparison than Trey? Anfernee Simons is a better comparison. Lets give him a full year before driving the bus over him. :-?

1. I have no 'dog' in this fight. No one was harsher on Burke than me. I called him 'Treyd Burke'...

2. No one is driving the bus over him or saying he won't be good going forward. All I'm doing is bringing up the facts by comparing their stats.

3. I'll mention it again because it doesn't seem to register--I'm not comparing their game, style of play, their physical measurables, or their ability to get their shots off. I'm simply comparing their efficiency.

4. If you can bring up any stats that make George look better or give him an edge over Burke, by all means, do so. I think most of us will find that encouraging.

5. If KG has a better shooting touch then shouldn't his shooting numbers show it?

And if you go back I wasn't even responding to your post but Malone's post then you jumped in. So go back to my first post. Wasn't talking to you.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#38 » by ForeverRDjazz » Tue Jan 9, 2024 1:47 am

KG range is so much better than Trey could ever dream of. Second 3 tonight was step back fade away and was easy.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#39 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Jan 9, 2024 10:40 am

ForeverRDjazz wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

And if you go back I wasn't even responding to your post but Malone's post then you jumped in. So go back to my first post. Wasn't talking to you.

Those things tend to happen in a basketball forum where everyone's posts are visible so people can, you know, talk about basketball. Doesn't matter who makes the argument, what matters is the argument itself. And besides, you then responded to my post so at that point I'd assume you were talking to me. Which is perfectly, fine, we're here to talk hoops. I'm just not seeing any data that supports the claims you're making about touch and so forth. Good game for George tonight though, he was balling.

ForeverRDjazz
Starter

Post#40 » by ForeverRDjazz » Tue Jan 9, 2024 3:34 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:

When you pick a side you have a dog in the fight..

When you bash a person place or thing your driving the bus over that.

I wasn't point straight at you but post made about KG.

I don't need stats to claim KG is going to be a over all better player then Trey when I said it's the eye test. Over all team seam better.

Again Game by game you can show better games KG has had. Rookie year first couple weeks how do the numbers match up? I remember Trey missing his first 20 threes his rookie year. Two look and play nothing alike.

when I defend myself don't take it personal. Games are nothing alike! I'll leave it there.

Return to Utah Jazz