2024 NBA Draft Prospects

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,254

Re: 2024 NBA Draft Prospects 

Post#101 » by Catchall » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:27 am

babyjax13 wrote:I'm warming up on Kyshawn George at 9. Big wing who shoots the hell out of the ball and can make plays. A bit slow but I think some of that will be solved with NBA strength training. He reminds me a ton of Joe Ingles, but there is some upside to be more.

I'm not sure he's a top-10 guy, but I like him too. I've been watching him a while. He's a very confident shooter and a disciplined positional defender with good length. He's well-coached coming from Europe, but hasn't really worked on his body much. He gets up off of two feet, but really lacks explosiveness and elevation off of one foot. If he can get with a training staff, he's a standout for me.

;t=1s
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,299

Post#102 » by babyjax13 » Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:36 am

Catchall wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I'm warming up on Kyshawn George at 9. Big wing who shoots the hell out of the ball and can make plays. A bit slow but I think some of that will be solved with NBA strength training. He reminds me a ton of Joe Ingles, but there is some upside to be more.

I'm not sure he's a top-10 guy, but I like him too. I've been watching him a while. He's a very confident shooter and a disciplined positional defender with good length. He's well-coached coming from Europe, but hasn't really worked on his body much. He gets up off of two feet, but really lacks explosiveness and elevation off of one foot. If he can get with a training staff, he's a standout for me.

;t=1s

I just think every player in this draft has some huge red flags. But George is a good basketball player in every way - his issue is only his body, and he looks like that is improvable, IMO, so that sounds like a smaller red flag than any of the other wings in this draft (Holland can't shoot and might have poor basketball IQ; Buzelis might not be able to shoot at all even though the stroke looks reasonable; if Risacher is not an elite shooter he's just a nice 3+D player, etc.; frankly I'm not sure if Cody Williams is great at anything, I think he might just be "okay" at a lot). I'd love for us to draft him. Not saying I'd take him over the other guys (though I might over Buzelis), but at 9 he has a lot of appeal if you are choosing between guys like Collier, Clingan, etc.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM

Post#103 » by Catchall » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:04 am

Some of these are Kyrie-level offensive plays. This kid could be special even if some teams are scared off by his limited stature.

;t=1127s
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#104 » by Catchall » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:07 am

babyjax13 wrote:
Catchall wrote:

;t=1s

I just think every player in this draft has some huge red flags. But George is a good basketball player in every way - his issue is only his body, and he looks like that is improvable, IMO, so that sounds like a smaller red flag than any of the other wings in this draft (Holland can't shoot and might have poor basketball IQ; Buzelis might not be able to shoot at all even though the stroke looks reasonable; if Risacher is not an elite shooter he's just a nice 3+D player, etc.; frankly I'm not sure if Cody Williams is great at anything, I think he might just be "okay" at a lot). I'd love for us to draft him. Not saying I'd take him over the other guys (though I might over Buzelis), but at 9 he has a lot of appeal if you are choosing between guys like Collier, Clingan, etc.

What Cody Williams is potentially great at is driving the ball with a low center of gravity and scoring with touch near the rim. That's enough to make him a star, quite frankly. SGA built his game off of that, and I think Williams can too if he wants it.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
bkohler
Rookie
And1: 450

Post#105 » by bkohler » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:42 pm

Personally, I'm all in on Reed Sheppard if he falls that far. I know he and Keyonte would be hard to pair together in a backcourt, but I also don't have starter expectations for whoever we draft. A solid roleplayer would be a great outcome for this draft, and I think between Sheppard's defense and shooting, he'd have a decent floor.

I also buy into the belief that every Kentucky guard does better in the NBA and Sheppard posted numbers that have him in elite company.
AGE1207
Senior
And1: 136

Post#106 » by AGE1207 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:00 pm

The Nets won last night so we are moving up in the draft to 8th…Maybe we get lucky for once?
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 712

Post#107 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:06 pm

AGE1207 wrote:The Nets won last night so we are moving up in the draft to 8th…Maybe we get lucky for once?

The #1 pick this year is a pure center with the ceiling of Nic Claxton.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#108 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:35 pm

AGE1207 wrote:The Nets won last night so we are moving up in the draft to 8th…Maybe we get lucky for once?

Of all the drafts to win the lottery in, somehow winning the #1 pick in this one would be considered bad luck.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
AGE1207
Senior

Post#109 » by AGE1207 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:57 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:

Of all the drafts to win the lottery in, somehow winning the #1 pick in this one would be considered bad luck.

I get what you’re saying Inigo especially considering the previous draft and the next draft after this one but I imagine eg. a top 5 pick in an admittedly (very) weak draft would still either be a good asset to have in a trade or could in time be developed into a half decent player.
Regardless, this is the path that was chosen so we may as well make the most of it now.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#110 » by babyjax13 » Wed Apr 3, 2024 7:08 pm

I'm at the point where I think I'd take Kyshawn George 1st. I know I'm way more all-in on him than probably anyone else.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#111 » by Inigo Montoya » Wed Apr 3, 2024 8:05 pm

While this draft is not considered to be strong, there are some players I'd be happy if they ended up with the Jazz. I'll admit I know next to nothing about most players so far, but from what I've seen, I'd welcome the Jazz picking one of:

Cody Williams
Zaccharie Risacher
Matas Buzelis

I'll do some more research once the season is over.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Catchall
RealGM

Post#112 » by Catchall » Wed Apr 3, 2024 8:33 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:While this draft is not considered to be strong, there are some players I'd be happy if they ended up with the Jazz. I'll admit I know next to nothing about most players so far, but from what I've seen, I'd welcome the Jazz picking one of:

Cody Williams
Zaccharie Risacher
Matas Buzelis

I'll do some more research once the season is over.

I could see all three of those guys being priorities for the Jazz, along with Topic and Sarr. A long two-way wing with some on-ball creation ability is just what the doctor ordered.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#113 » by Catchall » Wed Apr 3, 2024 9:23 pm

babyjax13 wrote:I'm at the point where I think I'd take Kyshawn George 1st. I know I'm way more all-in on him than probably anyone else.

My top 3 would be Topic, Williams and Sarr. I have George as a lottery guy. He needs to show more craft off the dribble, and I'd like to see how he uses the 3 months before the draft to work on his body.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#114 » by babyjax13 » Fri Apr 5, 2024 11:01 pm

Catchall wrote:Some of these are Kyrie-level offensive plays. This kid could be special even if some teams are scared off by his limited stature.

;t=1127s

I just don't get what people see here. He's a small guard who can score and pass the ball well, but he's not Kyrie and he's not Kemba. I'm not sure what the best case scenario is for him but I'm not touching him top-10, especially on our roster.

JColl
MalonesElbows
Starter
And1: 1,407

Post#115 » by MalonesElbows » Sat Apr 6, 2024 1:30 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
Catchall wrote:Some of these are Kyrie-level offensive plays. This kid could be special even if some teams are scared off by his limited stature.

;t=1127s

I just don't get what people see here. He's a small guard who can score and pass the ball well, but he's not Kyrie and he's not Kemba. I'm not sure what the best case scenario is for him but I'm not touching him top-10, especially on our roster.

He has elite speed, hits the 3 at 44%, very efficient with a 23.5 PER and 59% TS, just a freshman.
Remember a lot of people dismissed Trae Young (including me) for being 6'1" and 165 lbs and he does 26 and 10 in the NBA.
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 712

Post#116 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:24 pm

The 3P% is obviously fake though.
AGE1207
Senior

Post#117 » by AGE1207 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 6:05 pm

Risacher is obvious as he will go top 3 likely but around the 8 or 9th pick, I like Tidjane Salaun a lot, especially considering our timeline…
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#118 » by babyjax13 » Sat Apr 6, 2024 6:18 pm

MalonesElbows wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:

;t=1127s

He has elite speed, hits the 3 at 44%, very efficient with a 23.5 PER and 59% TS, just a freshman.
Remember a lot of people dismissed Trae Young (including me) for being 6'1" and 165 lbs and he does 26 and 10 in the NBA.

Trae was a miraculous passer at the college level, though, he had a defining elite skill beyond his shooting.

JColl
Catchall
RealGM

Post#119 » by Catchall » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:10 pm

AGE1207 wrote:Risacher is obvious as he will go top 3 likely but around the 8 or 9th pick, I like Tidjane Salaun a lot, especially considering our timeline…

Risarcher's value goes way up if he can play and create off screens. He's not going to beat people off the dribble on his own, but coming off a screen he could become a tough to deal with.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#120 » by Catchall » Sat Apr 6, 2024 9:12 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
MalonesElbows wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:I just don't get what people see here. He's a small guard who can score and pass the ball well, but he's not Kyrie and he's not Kemba. I'm not sure what the best case scenario is for him but I'm not touching him top-10, especially on our roster.

Trae was a miraculous passer at the college level, though, he had a defining elite skill beyond his shooting.

Trae isn't as shifty or athletic as Dillingham.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh

Return to Utah Jazz