Bigger trade coming?
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Re: The 2024 trade deadline: Jazz version 

Post#22 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:32 pm

Jazz Dog wrote:Bigger trade coming?

Note sure, but I'm guessing the Jazz aren't done. The Lakers and Bulls still haven't made any moves, I think more is coming.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
AGE1207
Senior
And1: 136

Post#23 » by AGE1207 » Thu Feb 8, 2024 5:38 pm

Jazz Dog wrote:Bigger trade coming?

Better be, so far we seem to be tanking and that’s not what Hardy, Lauri and others (including us) deserve at this point.

I want to see some ambition!
Jazz Dog
Jazz Forum GTS Commissioner
And1: 264

Post#24 » by Jazz Dog » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:01 pm

I am really hoping this is getting the picks that we are comfortable with sending to Atlanta for Murray. I believe Murray is the perfect fit for this team. I like him beside Geroge.
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,874

Post#25 » by Jammer » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:15 pm

D Rog wrote:I can see a Clarkson for Fournier deal. Danny works to get another pick out of the deal. I believe NYK has the Dallas pick this year (mid teens?) Danny clearing up cap space

Dallas pick is Top 10 protected this year and next, when it converts to a 2nd Rounder if it's still in the Top 10. Don't put it past Dallas to slide into the 10 pick (like last year when they nabbed Derek Lively). If you are taking a 2024 pick from the Knicks, it should be their own, even though right now it would be #23 Pick vs #17 for Dallas currently. It's too Damn easy for Dallas to slide down (they are 4 losses out of a coin flip for the #10 spot with 31 games to go. But if you want to tank, losing 20 out of 31 to get a coin flip for the 10 spot is doable).
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#26 » by tugs » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:18 pm

Guard rotation still a mess and seems THT will be sliding at the 3
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#27 » by FJS » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:19 pm

I'm really mad about those trades.

You have trade 3 rotation players for nobody... one who was a offensive creator, and 2 other who were 3 and d... the only one we had.
And the return is pathetic. I don't know what is thinking Ainge. How many draft picks he wants when players like Taylor and Brice are not playing????
Jammer
General Manager
And1: 2,874

Post#28 » by Jammer » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:19 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
mcmurphy wrote:up to now traded the #5, #7 and #9 with more minutes in team without new players (I really don't think the new arrivals will play minutes)

meh

1. It does clear minutes for Hendricks and Sensei which is something everyone wanted, and could be considered new players in a sense.

2. I clears 12M in cap space (same as if we let Olynyk expire) but also moves Agbaji's contract so that's another 4M cleared.

3. We did get a late FRP, the #32 pick, a young draft and stash prospect (Procida), and possibly our own FRP back if we suck again (I'd much rather we convey it this season but it is what it is).

The value isn't bad, it's just that I wouldn't want to give up on the season. Maybe there are move moves coming.

Utah went from 0 picks in 2024 to right now the #29 and #32. Yeah, I know they say that it's a zero draft. Gives you options in future trades as well as roster filling out. Olynyk was not going to be re-signed, and obviously Fontecchio wasn't either or they wouldn't have moved him....

Moving Fontecchio makes room for Hendricks and Sensabaugh, as you already pointed out. Kira Lewis won't be re-signed, heck, he might even get bought out as useless. Don't be surprised if WIll Hardy figures out a way for Otto Porter and Kevin Knox to be more successful than their previous stops. Heck, Ainge might still flip Knox or Porter to a new team before the day is done.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#29 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:22 pm

FJS wrote:I'm really mad about those trades.

You have trade 3 rotation players for nobody... one who was a offensive creator, and 2 other who were 3 and d... the only one we had.
And the return is pathetic. I don't know what is thinking Ainge. How many draft picks he wants when players like Taylor and Brice are not playing????

I think that part of the intent behind those trades is that now Hendricks and Sensei will start getting playing time, but we'll see.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#30 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:23 pm

Jammer wrote: Heck, Ainge might still flip Knox or Porter to a new team before the day is done.

I can only hope.

HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 713

Post#31 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:24 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:

I think that part of the intent behind those trades is that now Hendricks and Sensei will start getting playing time, but we'll see.

.... Sensabaugh was benched in the G-League because he's been so bad.

He's much more likely to be cut before next training camp than he is to get serious minutes this year for the Jazz.
mcmurphy
Starter
And1: 1,881

Post#32 » by mcmurphy » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:26 pm

Jammer wrote:Moving Fontecchio makes room for Hendricks and Sensabaugh, as you already pointed out.

yeahhh, a push for the play-in with 2 guys who combined haven't even played 200 minutes
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#33 » by red4hf » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:38 pm

I'll be very happy if Hendricks gets more minutes...... But, there needs to be something else......
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#34 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:39 pm

Less than two hours to go and the Lakers and Bulls haven't done anything. I wonder if we'll be involved with one of them as a third team if something happens.

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#35 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:48 pm

The Pistons just released Killian Hayes. Could be a pickup in a position of need for a young PG with size (6-5) with virtually no downside for the Jazz. Unfortunately, Hayes has been bad so far, so there's that.

vryadli
Rookie
And1: 358

Post#36 » by vryadli » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:51 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:

And whatgood it will do? Are they going to produce better than KO and Simone in Jazz uniform at any time before they will be traded for next set of second rounders?
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#37 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Feb 8, 2024 6:54 pm

vryadli wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:

And whatgood it will do? Are they going to produce better than KO and Simone in Jazz uniform at any time before they will be traded for next set of second rounders?

If you're talking about winning games then no, I don't think this move will do any good. On the other hand, all season long Jazz fans complained that they drafted Hendricks at #9 and aren't playing him so now he'll probably get to play and like good Jazz fans, we'll complain about that too.

bkohler
Rookie
And1: 450

Post#38 » by bkohler » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:10 pm

The collective meltdown and anger over a 500 team selling off some vets is kinda funny.
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 713

Post#39 » by HadAnEffectHere » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:13 pm

bkohler wrote:The collective meltdown and anger over a 500 team selling off some vets is kinda funny.

It's just kind of directionless and the team feels weird.

Teams usually don't start as playoff teams and then trade away a ton of rotation guys to try to tank for mid lottery picks and the Jazz have done this two years in a row.
RookieJazz
Junior
And1: 43

Post#40 » by RookieJazz » Thu Feb 8, 2024 7:18 pm

bkohler wrote:The collective meltdown and anger over a 500 team selling off some vets is kinda funny.

I am more than frustrated right now. Hoping someone offer 5 1st for Lauri and we can reset the team decently.

Return to Utah Jazz