The 2024 trade deadline: Jazz version

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

D Rog
Junior
And1: 83

Re: The 2024 trade deadline: Jazz version 

Post#101 » by D Rog » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:32 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:The Azubuike pick was bad for various reasons but there are worse things that can happen to your franchise than missing on the 28th pick in the draft.

Do you remember the Jazz FO announcing they had him #2 on their board? WOW!!!
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,466

Post#102 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Apr 5, 2024 2:45 pm

D Rog wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:The Azubuike pick was bad for various reasons but there are worse things that can happen to your franchise than missing on the 28th pick in the draft.

Do you remember the Jazz FO announcing they had him #2 on their board? WOW!!!

Not their finest moment.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,466

Post#103 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Apr 6, 2024 12:10 pm

Here is a stupid thought:

Everyone is aware of LeBron's comments about wanting to play with his son. Could it be that the Jazz wanted those extra picks (late first and early second) to draft Bronny James? Not so they could then bring in LeBron, but so they could then trade Bronny for much more than he's worth as a player since that will be basically like trading LeBron (since he'll go where Bronny lands). Could any team use this situation to flip Bronny (plus other players to make salaries work) in a trade for a star?

Example:

Jazz trades Bronny + Collins to Atlanta for Murray or Young (something along those lines when the salaries match).
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
HadAnEffectHere
Bench Warmer
And1: 737

Post#104 » by HadAnEffectHere » Sat Apr 6, 2024 3:24 pm

No.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,302

Post#105 » by babyjax13 » Mon Apr 8, 2024 6:12 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:Here is a stupid thought:

Everyone is aware of LeBron's comments about wanting to play with his son. Could it be that the Jazz wanted those extra picks (late first and early second) to draft Bronny James? Not so they could then bring in LeBron, but so they could then trade Bronny for much more than he's worth as a player since that will be basically like trading LeBron (since he'll go where Bronny lands). Could any team use this situation to flip Bronny (plus other players to make salaries work) in a trade for a star?

Example:

Jazz trades Bronny + Collins to Atlanta for Murray or Young (something along those lines when the salaries match).

I don't think so. Bronny is entering the transfer portal and possibly has started visiting schools (I work at Loyola Marymount in Los Angeles and he was here last week). I assume him entering the draft is strictly to get feedback on how much the medicals will matter to his draft stock.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Utah Jazz