The decline of Jordan Clarkson

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Re: The decline of Jordan Clarkson 

Post#21 » by red4hf » Sat Mar 2, 2024 12:26 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:No question Clarkson is having a bad season. But now that the Jazz has essentially shifted to tanking, doesn't it serve their purpose?

I wonder what kind of message that sends to other players?
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Post#22 » by Inigo Montoya » Sat Mar 2, 2024 10:55 am

red4hf wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:No question Clarkson is having a bad season. But now that the Jazz has essentially shifted to tanking, doesn't it serve their purpose?

I'm sure none of the players like what has happened since the trade deadline and onward.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
red4hf

Post#23 » by red4hf » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:00 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
red4hf wrote:

I'm sure none of the players like what has happened since the trade deadline and onward.

Indeed....... Should do wonders for our recruitment efforts.....
vryadli
Rookie
And1: 358

Post#24 » by vryadli » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:33 pm

red4hf wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
red4hf wrote:

I read the Sensei interview. He is one of those directly "profited" there, but sounded very depressed like "such things happens, but for me it is first times, I lost friends and better have less PT in meaningful competition.
red4hf

Post#25 » by red4hf » Sat Mar 2, 2024 2:45 pm

vryadli wrote:
red4hf wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:I'm sure none of the players like what has happened since the trade deadline and onward.

I read the Sensei interview. He is one of those directly "profited" there, but sounded very depressed like "such things happens, but for me it is first times, I lost friends and better have less PT in meaningful competition.

I can see the sales pitch "Come to Utah, if you play like crap, we'll give you more minutes!!!! #forevertank!!"
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,624

Post#26 » by Cappy_Smurf » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:47 am

red4hf wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:
red4hf wrote:

Yeah, it's a big concern that all of the players waiting to come to Utah will now change their minds.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
red4hf

Post#27 » by red4hf » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:54 pm

Cappy_Smurf wrote:
red4hf wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:I'm sure none of the players like what has happened since the trade deadline and onward.

Yeah, it's a big concern that all of the players waiting to come to Utah will now change their minds.

Yes, nothing makes a free-agent destination, that already has a hard time attracting free agents, more attractive than a front office and coaching staff that prioritizes showcasing crappy-playing players hoping to increase their value to squeeze a second round pick out of some team over the summer.......
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#28 » by ForeverRDjazz » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:42 am

Then he goes for 37 tonight. LOL. Beats big T record for most 30 point games off bench. I don't remember big T ever being that good.
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#29 » by ForeverRDjazz » Tue Mar 5, 2024 4:43 am

red4hf wrote:
Cappy_Smurf wrote:
red4hf wrote:

Yes, nothing makes a free-agent destination, that already has a hard time attracting free agents, more attractive than a front office and coaching staff that prioritizes showcasing crappy-playing players hoping to increase their value to squeeze a second round pick out of some team over the summer.......

I can see them moving JC if it's first round pick. Late pick but not a second round pick. NOWAY.
red4hf

Post#30 » by red4hf » Tue Mar 5, 2024 12:59 pm

ForeverRDjazz wrote:Then he goes for 37 tonight. LOL. Beats big T record for most 30 point games off bench. I don't remember big T ever being that good.

Thurl was awesome.......
TNJazz
Rookie
And1: 431

Post#31 » by TNJazz » Tue Mar 5, 2024 5:17 pm

Big T and his cork screw jumper were awesome! Basketball was actually his third passion (Interest is probably a better word) while growing up. Music (played trombone really well) and acting were his priorities in public school. I wasn't aware until recently that he held to record for 30 pt game off the bench for the Jazz. Class guy
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,624

Post#32 » by Cappy_Smurf » Tue Mar 5, 2024 6:39 pm

red4hf wrote:
Cappy_Smurf wrote:
red4hf wrote:

It changes absolutely nothing. Utah is already one of the least favorable teams in the league for NBA players to want to play for. If they come here, it's almost guaranteed to be because we can/will pay them more than they can get elsewhere. After that, we may attract a few players because we can offer an opportunity for a role/play time they can't get elsewhere. That's pretty much it.

The real concern with the current direction is the possibility that they could sour Markkanen on staying here. Free agent attraction is not a concern. Nobody wants to come to Utah and if they're coming at all, it's for reasons that aren't going to be affected by a tank move made by a team that was very likely to miss the playoffs anyway.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"

Return to Utah Jazz