Game 68: Utah Jazz (29-38) vs Minnesota Timberwolves (46-21)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Game 68: Utah Jazz (29-38) vs Minnesota Timberwolves (46-21) 

Post#1 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:23 am

Round 2. Last game wasn't so terrible in terms of the outcome. Let's hope for another semi-competitive game at least.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Re: Game 67: Utah Jazz (29-38) vs Minnesota Timberwolves (46-21) 

Post#2 » by FJS » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:31 pm

Right now it's a shame to look how we are faking injuries and sitting guys.
I know... big picture, try to know what we have...
But probably next year we will have a 9th pick we won't play until we tank, and other semipromising 2nd year guys trade as we did with Ochai. It's a terrible time to be a Jazz fan.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#3 » by Inigo Montoya » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:54 pm

Will Hardy sounds off on the last night's game, saying he's not going to give free minutes and that stats don't mean ish in the context of players not passing for open looks and trying to score.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,682

Post#4 » by Crunch 99 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:59 pm

I think this is Game 68. Considering Markkanen was playing and Gobert and Towns were out, I am disappointed the Jazz could not pull out a win last night.

I am still surprised that the Wolves were able to re-sign then 23 year old Naz Reid to an extension last summer at barely above the mid level exception. I thought he would test free agency and he was somebody that the Jazz and other teams would take a look at.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Re: Game 68: Utah Jazz (29-38) vs Minnesota Timberwolves (46-21) 

Post#5 » by Inigo Montoya » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:53 pm

There were some stretches and plays that I'd bet made Hardy livid. For example, going for the flashy dunk instead of the easy layup, and ending up with a miss (Collins, THT), being loose with the ball (George, and a bit of Markkanen and Sexton) and miscommunications.

The Jazz could have won this one but melted in the third and the forth at times. And Edwards was really good.

Also, a good word for the Wolves broadcasters, who I thought were very good in both games. I especially enjoyed their analyst who was sharing good information instead of just saying obvious things that contribute nothing like most commentators and analysts. It was refreshing to hear someone who actually watched some Jazz games at least as preparation and didn't simply resort to the usual 'the Jazz play hard' cliches.

vryadli
Rookie
And1: 358

Re: Game 68: Utah Jazz (29-38) vs Minnesota Timberwolves (46-21) 

Post#6 » by vryadli » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:31 pm

That game from LM was what I expected. He put all his gears up and some plus. If Jazz FO will pull rugs from under the team once more, he will feel free from all evident in the obligations to franchize.

LM is a good man, not especially lucky, but good.

Return to Utah Jazz