Game 70: Utah Jazz (29-40) @ Dallas Mavericks (40-29)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
And1: 7,465

Game 70: Utah Jazz (29-40) @ Dallas Mavericks (40-29) 

Post#1 » by Inigo Montoya » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:02 pm

The Jazz had a pretty good showing against the Thunder, all things considered. Maybe they can hang a bit with the Mavs as well, especially if George will have a decent game.
Draft Nate Wolters - FAILED
Keep Nate Wolters - FAILED
KqWIN wrote:Why are we talking about Middleton, Harris, and Porter?

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Re: Game 70: Utah Jazz (29-40) @ Dallas Mavericks (40-29) 

Post#2 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:12 am

I don't think anyone played well in this game with perhaps Sexton as the exception. The Mavs weren't even playing that well and it was a very winnable game as the Jazz hung around despite their bad play. But those turnovers... :nonono:

At least it looked like the Jazz made a conscious effort to involve Kessler a bit.

A question: why is Sexton is coming off the bench again? I didn't make much of it at first because I thought it was just a matchup thing against the Edwards in the games against the Wolves but it seems to persist. Not sure what's that about.

The real decision the Jazz FO is making is between Continuity, Cap Flexibility, and Cash Considerations.
red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#3 » by red4hf » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:42 am

Inigo Montoya wrote:I don't think anyone played well in this game with perhaps Sexton as the exception. The Mavs weren't even playing that well and it was a very winnable game as the Jazz hung around despite their bad play. But those turnovers... :nonono:

At least it looked like the Jazz made a conscious effort to involve Kessler a bit.

A question: why is Sexton is coming off the bench again? I didn't make much of it at first because I thought it was just a matchup thing against the Edwards in the games against the Wolves but it seems to persist. Not sure what's that about.

Filling the Clarkson role in the system?
Inigo Montoya
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz

Post#4 » by Inigo Montoya » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:52 am

red4hf wrote:
Inigo Montoya wrote:I don't think anyone played well in this game with perhaps Sexton as the exception. The Mavs weren't even playing that well and it was a very winnable game as the Jazz hung around despite their bad play. But those turnovers... :nonono:

He was in that role last season and in my opinion that role didn't suit him as he didn't make much of a difference. He earned the starting job this season through his play and showed he's more impactful in that role. Maybe he can build on his play and bring more value to a Clarkson-type role going forward but I think he's shown he's clearly a starter, and a good one at that.

red4hf
Jazz Forum GTS Champion 2019-2020
And1: 981

Post#5 » by red4hf » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:21 pm

Inigo Montoya wrote:
red4hf wrote:

He was in that role last season and in my opinion that role didn't suit him as he didn't make much of a difference. He earned the starting job this season through his play and showed he's more impactful in that role. Maybe he can build on his play and bring more value to a Clarkson-type role going forward but I think he's shown he's clearly a starter, and a good one at that.

I agree with you......
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#6 » by FJS » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:48 pm

After years and years without missing jazz games, I missed those 2, and I'm not going watch until next season (I will watch playoffs and so). It's simply not interesting to watch your team suck, and although is fine to see young talent, it's not cool see this kind of mess as a team.

I've had enough of sucking.

Wake me up when September ends. (I still will be posting)

Return to Utah Jazz