Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

HolyToledo
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Lineup @ end of game 

Post#1 » by HolyToledo » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:41 am

What would be your lineup at the end of the game? Sloan's lineup is
PG Williams
SG Korver (I think bc his free throwing ability)
C Memo (sometimes Millsap i Memo is suckin)
PF Boozer
SF AK-47

I hate Sloan and think he is a crap coach but actually agree with him on this end of the game lineup. What will happen happen against a team like the celtics that has Ray Allen and Pierce? Korver can guard either, but I guess no other Jazz player can either so I guess it stays the same.
CAE15
Assistant Coach
And1: 699

Post#2 » by CAE15 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:06 am

Allen and Pierce arent good defenders either, PP moreso, but eh, free throws are key late in the game, thats why we have kyle.
Pappyman
Junior
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Pappyman » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:24 am

even though i like the line up that sloan was using at the end of the game and applaud him for it, i am beginning to wonder if he (sloan) is beginning to piss of ronnie brewer. he plays well in third quarter then sits the entire fourth. i just don't think that there are enough minutes to go around for all of our shooting guards. we either need to trade one of them (which i really don't think we should do), or we need to move memo to the bench and have brewer and kyle korver start as the wing players. this would allow for andrei kirilenko to move to his more natural position of power forward, and would put boozer at center. boozer is strong and athletic enough to be able to hang with the better centers in the league and would hold his own. i like memo from the bench because he can create his own shot and would be the perfect back up for boozer. with boozer, you have a savvy low-post scorer who can hit the twenty-foot jumper. with memo, you have the perimeter-oriented player who can go to the hoop and score when he is called upon to do so. it would become nearly impossible to prepare for the jazz's frontline because other teams would have to constantly change their defenders to attempt to counter utah's front court versatility. neither boozer or okur is an excellent defender, but they could be covered by their front court mates kirilenko and millsap (both are above average shot blockers). these four players should get all of the pf/c minutes anyway. jarron collins should only play if they are in foul trouble. this solution would clear up our logjam at shooting guard and would also improve our bench. yet again, this is how i would merely start the game. during the game, sloan could make the necessary adjustments based upon what is working. for the more visual reader, here is my vision (or depth chart):
PG: Deron Williams, Jason Hart, Ronnie Price
SG: Kyle Korver, C.J. Miles, Morris Almond/Ronnie Price
SF: Ronnie Brewer, Matt Harpring, Morris Almond
PF: Andrei Kirilenko, Paul Millsap, Jarron Collins
C: Carlos Boozer, Mehmet Okur, Kyrylo Fesenko/Jarron Collins

i wouldn't move to this depth chart, however, until kyle korver becomes better accustomed to his role in jerry sloan's system. i would keep or current rotation until then.
Pappyman
Junior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Pappyman » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:37 am

i just thought of something else that would help the jazz. because ronnie brewer has the skills, he would be in the perfect position to play point forward when deron goes out of the game. we would be a nearly unstoppable team, however, if we could trade collins and jason hart for a player who could come off the bench as a back up point guard that has shooting guard skills (similar to the skill set of eddie house). post any possible trades that would accomplish this type of a situation.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,374

Post#5 » by babyjax13 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:47 pm

Except for the fact that Andrei is a better point forward.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
soapblaster
Starter
And1: 1

Post#6 » by soapblaster » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:32 pm

babyjax13 wrote:Except for the fact that Andrei is a better point forward.
+1
Bat wrote:Utah is one of the most depressing cities.
Duiz
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#7 » by Duiz » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:09 am

Pappyman.. you are making me sick. Korver is a SF and Brewer is a SG!
carrottop12
RealGM
And1: 30

Post#8 » by carrottop12 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:39 pm

Deron
Korver
AK
Millsap
Boozer

It gives the Jazz defense, scoring, rebounding, ball handling, free-throw shooting, the deep ball, tremendous low post scoring, and amazing versatility.
JDubJazz
Analyst
And1: 4

Post#9 » by JDubJazz » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:26 pm

For me it depends on the matchup. I'd rather see Memo out there if he is healthy and not getting torched, because Memo + Kyle = space for AK and Booz. On nights where we really need the defense, then Millsap is ok, but his freethrow shooting scares me. With Booz, Deron, Memo, Kyle and AK, you feel pretty good about hitting your free throws regardless of who's at the line.
--J-Dub--

Return to Utah Jazz