OKC Thunder 2023-24 Regular Season Discussion

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,138

Re: OKC Thunder 2023-24 Regular Season Discussion 

Post#2481 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:18 am

JDub is so good attacking the rim...the mix of athleticism and skill allows him to score so easily
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#2482 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:58 am

Giddey was great last night but it's scary that we are gonna to rely on Giddey/Dort hitting their shots in the POs with the way the other team is gonna defend against us.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,506

Post#2483 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:05 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:Giddey was great last night but it's scary that we are gonna to rely on Giddey/Dort hitting their shots in the POs with the way the other team is gonna defend against us.

Just like they were dependent on Roberson making his shots to win back in the day.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#2484 » by getrichordie » Wed Mar 27, 2024 5:41 pm

A lot of people were ready to give up on Giddey. He's making them eat crow now. He's finally finding his footing. Sure, he'll have his ups and downs in the future, but taking into account his entire tenure in OKC and how things have changed and moved so fast around him, I wouldn't be the least surprised if Presti offered him a Dort-esque extension.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
retrobro90
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 911

Post#2485 » by retrobro90 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:01 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
retrobro90 wrote:
Big nick wrote:There is something wrong with sga he came out early in the first tonight and hasent been playing very good lately. He took a shot a couple of games ago maybe that's it. Just not the same.

Kinda worrisome tbh and they're not being cautious with his minutes despite his early exit in the first. That quad injury during the jazz game has him a little hobbled. Tough stretch in the schedule with every game having big consequences so I don't see how they rest him.

I don't know if the consequences are that big. I would rather have a well rested Shai for the POs than having home court in a potential second round against the Wolves. We are gonna finish top 3 and I think it's pretty likely Denver finish first with such an easy schedule. I don't know if Shai could get to 100% with rest though so maybe it won't change anything but sitting him would be the best move IMO.

Realistically I just wanna avoid Dallas and LAL in the first round so if we can jockey for position to play PHX or SAC that would be ideal
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#2486 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:33 pm

retrobro90 wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
retrobro90 wrote:
Kinda worrisome tbh and they're not being cautious with his minutes despite his early exit in the first. That quad injury during the jazz game has him a little hobbled. Tough stretch in the schedule with every game having big consequences so I don't see how they rest him.

I don't know if the consequences are that big. I would rather have a well rested Shai for the POs than having home court in a potential second round against the Wolves. We are gonna finish top 3 and I think it's pretty likely Denver finish first with such an easy schedule. I don't know if Shai could get to 100% with rest though so maybe it won't change anything but sitting him would be the best move IMO.

Realistically I just wanna avoid Dallas and LAL in the first round so if we can jockey for position to play PHX or SAC that would be ideal

Same. I think the worst would be playing LAL, then Dallas. I would rather play the Suns than the Kings even if I know that it can be tricky with their stars.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,506

Post#2487 » by Kizz Fastfists » Wed Mar 27, 2024 7:25 pm

retrobro90 wrote:Realistically I just wanna avoid Dallas and LAL in the first round so if we can jockey for position to play PHX or SAC that would be ideal

There is no way to predict what position that would be. I think Sacramento, LAL and Dallas all send OKC home in the first round. Phoenix and GS are the better matchups for them of potential first round teams. OKC could play any of them as a top 3 seed. Right now Dallas is 6th with the winner of Sacramento and PHX being #7 and one of LAL, GS and PHX being 8th. Most likely Dallas, Sacramento and LAL end up 6/7/8 so OKC would have to drop to 4th to play NOLA/LAC to have a good first round matchup. I don't see OKC dropping that far even if they were to sit SGA for a week or two.

Sacramento is more beatable for OKC than LAL and Dallas, but I still don't like the matchup. It doesn't matter when OKC plays them because the West is good. OKC needs the #1 seed so they only have to go through one of Denver and Minny. Minny is probably the worst matchup in the NBA for OKC with their twin towers. Denver is great. If you want to look way too far down the line I think Boston is the easier matchup for them than the Bucks. Lopez and Giannis are an issue with their size advantage.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#2488 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:19 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:
retrobro90 wrote:Realistically I just wanna avoid Dallas and LAL in the first round so if we can jockey for position to play PHX or SAC that would be ideal

There is no way to predict what position that would be. I think Sacramento, LAL and Dallas all send OKC home in the first round. Phoenix and GS are the better matchups for them of potential first round teams. OKC could play any of them as a top 3 seed. Right now Dallas is 6th with the winner of Sacramento and PHX being #7 and one of LAL, GS and PHX being 8th. Most likely Dallas, Sacramento and LAL end up 6/7/8 so OKC would have to drop to 4th to play NOLA/LAC to have a good first round matchup. I don't see OKC dropping that far even if they were to sit SGA for a week or two.

Sacramento is more beatable for OKC than LAL and Dallas, but I still don't like the matchup. It doesn't matter when OKC plays them because the West is good. OKC needs the #1 seed so they only have to go through one of Denver and Minny. Minny is probably the worst matchup in the NBA for OKC with their twin towers. Denver is great. If you want to look way too far down the line I think Boston is the easier matchup for them than the Bucks. Lopez and Giannis are an issue with their size advantage.

I don't think the Wolves are such a bad match up despite the size issue. It's a small sample size but somehow we struggled more against the Lakers (Chet couldn't defend on AD) and Sac to a lesser extent.

Don't like the idea of playing Dallas because of Luka ability to slow the pace and their trades at the deadline improved their team a lot. They are on fire lately.

I think we will have a 50/50 chance to advance to the second round if SGA is feeling better (I would give us less than 50 against the Lakers though)
kdthunderup
Pro Prospect
And1: 535

Post#2489 » by kdthunderup » Wed Mar 27, 2024 9:32 pm

I’m not worried about the Lakers. It’s only the past couple of matchups (one on a b2b in LA) where they have got the better of us. I feel like we have usually had their number over the past couple of seasons.

Also SGA has been playing banged up and is out tonight against Houston. Explains why he has looked below his best and the team as an extension as of late.
Big nick
Junior
And1: 317

Post#2490 » by Big nick » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:06 pm

retrobro90 wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
retrobro90 wrote:

I feel the same way better matchips with phx or sac lakers and dallas will send us home.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#2491 » by Dadouv47 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:54 pm

Wonder how JDub will play tonight as the first option.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#2492 » by Dadouv47 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:28 am

I guess our players want to show that Shai is the MVP in the league because I haven't seen something this ugly since 2021
Thabo Sefolosha
Thunder Forum The Opening Tip
And1: 6,543

Post#2493 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:50 am

mr570
Senior
And1: 294

Post#2494 » by mr570 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:48 am

What is Isaiah Joe's next contract?
RingoKid
Junior
And1: 47

Post#2495 » by RingoKid » Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 am

Thabo Sefolosha wrote:

That is filthy !
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#2496 » by cjmcallist » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:03 pm

Didn’t get to watch the game. Did we get a taste of Giddey + spacing last night?

If so, could be good to showcase him for a couple of games here.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,549

Post#2497 » by Devilanche » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:50 pm

getrichordie wrote:A lot of people were ready to give up on Giddey. He's making them eat crow now. He's finally finding his footing. Sure, he'll have his ups and downs in the future, but taking into account his entire tenure in OKC and how things have changed and moved so fast around him, I wouldn't be the least surprised if Presti offered him a Dort-esque extension.

Just how much are we able and willing to pay for Giddey ? Vs how much he might want ?

The trio of SGA / JDub/ Chet will take bulk of our salary.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,907

Post#2498 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:16 pm

Devilanche wrote:
getrichordie wrote:A lot of people were ready to give up on Giddey. He's making them eat crow now. He's finally finding his footing. Sure, he'll have his ups and downs in the future, but taking into account his entire tenure in OKC and how things have changed and moved so fast around him, I wouldn't be the least surprised if Presti offered him a Dort-esque extension.

Just how much are we able and willing to pay for Giddey ? Vs how much he might want ?

The trio of SGA / JDub/ Chet will take bulk of our salary.

You pay him and if needed move him when Jalen / Chet are due for a payday.

If he continues developing, you simply pay them all and deal w/ the $$$ repercussions.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#2499 » by cjmcallist » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:52 am

This team is awesome and legit.

Said it before but Giddey’s year this year could be our “Steph’s ankle”. My hope is we can get him on a decent contract and then he takes off.
RingoKid
Junior
And1: 47

Post#2500 » by RingoKid » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:16 am

Giddey got his mojo back !

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder