shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,970

Re: OKC Thunder 2023-24 Regular Season Discussion 

Post#2681 » by shakes0 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:14 pm

Clav wrote:
shakes0 wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:
I don't know which game u play but for example profissional poker players are very superstitious (which does not prevent them from taking the good decisions on a statistical point of view). Same for some athletes like Clav said...it's their way to stay focus and deal with their emotions

leave him alone, he's just mad and rebelling because a billy goat cursed his crappy baseball team and caused them to be losers for 100 years. I can see where someone with that level of PTSD would want to rebel against superstitions.

At least the cubbies got one now! It took Em long enough.

yep, one of the worst days of my life. /lifelong Sox fan
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,686

Post#2682 » by Clav » Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:25 pm

https://www.nba.com/thunder/news/release-update-240417

Olivier Sarr ruptured his achilles apparently. Damn! That's awful.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#2683 » by shakes0 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:36 pm

Clippers get to play at noon local time Sunday and OKC is stuck with 8:30. Go suck a dick Mr Silver!
1bigfan13
Pro Prospect
And1: 820

Post#2684 » by 1bigfan13 » Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:25 pm

shakes0 wrote:Clippers get to play at noon local time Sunday and OKC is stuck with 8:30. Go suck a dick Mr Silver!

I'm on the east coast, so it's 9:30 for me. :upset:

I really don't understand why the NBA scheduled it like that. It seems inconvenient as hell for both Clippers and Thunder fan bases. Lakers are on the road in Denver on a different day as well....so there were no arena conflicts that needed to be sorted out.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,510

Post#2685 » by Kizz Fastfists » Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:51 pm

Clav wrote:At least the cubbies got one now! It took Em long enough.

They got competent ownership and management and won. It had nothing to do with a goat or anything else. I ripped them for decades worse than I do Presti for their massive incompetence. Hiring terrible managers, signing low OBP players to hit leadoff and all sorts of other garbage that to anyone who understood the game knew was tanking despite making a big splash on the front page of a newspaper for signing an overrated player to an insane contract and asking them to do something they were incapable of doing.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#2686 » by Kizz Fastfists » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 am

1bigfan13 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:Clippers get to play at noon local time Sunday and OKC is stuck with 8:30. Go suck a dick Mr Silver!

I really don't understand why the NBA scheduled it like that. It seems inconvenient as hell for both Clippers and Thunder fan bases. Lakers are on the road in Denver on a different day as well....so there were no arena conflicts that needed to be sorted out.

There is a concert in the Crypto.com arena that starts at 7:30pm on Sunday. That might be the arena conflict you were unaware of that required the early start time.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant

Post#2687 » by Kizz Fastfists » Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:02 am

Are you under the impression that Silver books all the arenas across the US?
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#2688 » by shakes0 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:32 pm

Kizz Fastfists wrote:

yes. he also sends out all the emails I receive from NBA.com. And last time I went to a game I'm like 98% sure he was the guy who squirted the cheese on my nachos.
Bremzi
Freshman
And1: 55

Post#2689 » by Bremzi » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:03 pm

1bigfan13 wrote:

It’s because Clippers are playing Dallas with Doncic. He has a large part of Europe rooting for him and they will have a large amount of viewers interested in the game at that early US time.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,183

Post#2690 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:40 pm

I guess playing the Pels is the best for us now without Zion and the Kings match up pretty well against us. I didn't want a strong opponent but I'm kind of pissed we are gonna face a team with some injuries. I wanted us to advance at least one series but it won't feel the same if we win against Pels or KIngs and I don't like our chances in the secound round if we play the Mavs
Clav
Starter
And1: 1,686

Post#2691 » by Clav » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:49 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Kizz Fastfists wrote:

yes. he also sends out all the emails I receive from NBA.com. And last time I went to a game I'm like 98% sure he was the guy who squirted the cheese on my nachos.

:lol:

The image of Adam Silver wearing one of those food-service 'boat' hats handing out nachos and squeezing processed cheese [brought to you by FanDuel] onto it made my Friday.
Cheers
\m/
:guitar:
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#2692 » by Dadouv47 » Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:36 pm

Read on Twitter

a month or two before drafting Chet and JDub
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#2693 » by cjmcallist » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:40 am

Dadouv47 wrote:I guess playing the Pels is the best for us now without Zion and the Kings match up pretty well against us. I didn't want a strong opponent but I'm kind of pissed we are gonna face a team with some injuries. I wanted us to advance at least one series but it won't feel the same if we win against Pels or KIngs and I don't like our chances in the secound round if we play the Mavs

I think the bracket broke well for us! LAL, PHX, DEN were my least desired opponents.

I’m not buying the Mavs yet.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#2694 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:44 am

cjmcallist wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:I guess playing the Pels is the best for us now without Zion and the Kings match up pretty well against us. I didn't want a strong opponent but I'm kind of pissed we are gonna face a team with some injuries. I wanted us to advance at least one series but it won't feel the same if we win against Pels or KIngs and I don't like our chances in the secound round if we play the Mavs

I think the bracket broke well for us! LAL, PHX, DEN were my least desired opponents.

I’m not buying the Mavs yet.

feel the exact opposite about the Mavs and Suns...think we match up super well against Phoenix even if it's always dangerous to face KD/Booker in a playoff series. That being said, playing the Pels without Zion instead of the Lakers is a huge difference so yeah we got lucky
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#2695 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:57 am

my biggest fear is how our bench will be able to contribute during the playoffs. I still think the lack of a scorer / true 6th man is gonna be a problem.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,558

Post#2696 » by Devilanche » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:21 am

Love the draw.

It’s a chance for SGA to continue to grow .
Herb is one of the best defender on him in the regular season.
It’s also a chance for Chet to play someone with some size in JV.

Maybe we can see another leap in Jalen this playoff?
Agreed that the bench is just missing that consistent 6th man spark.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#2697 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:34 am

Devilanche wrote:Love the draw.

I don't know about another leap but he's the one I expect the most from our big 3. It might not be fair towards Shai and Chet but I think JDub is scareless/cold blooded and his playing style will translate perfectly in the playoffs.

He was not good in the playin tournament last season though so let's see.
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,558

Post#2698 » by Devilanche » Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:59 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:

I don't know about another leap but he's the one I expect the most from our big 3. It might not be fair towards Shai and Chet but I think JDub is scareless/cold blooded and his playing style will translate perfectly in the playoffs.

Yeap that’s what I meant .

If he perform as he did or maybe just a tad more than the regular season , that’s already a leap from my point of view . Showing it in the playoff after last season playin where he probably perform a tad lower than regular season.

Could have chosen better words. I basically want the team to perform as well or better than the regular season . Or at least not a drastic drop ?
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
slick_watts
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,092

Post#2699 » by slick_watts » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:02 pm

the pelicans score 114.6pp100 this season without zion and with brandon ingram. the thunder are 39-4 this year when they hold the opponent below 115pp100. one of those was our november loss to the pelicans where we gave up a 20 point lead. herb jones had shai in prison that game. shai did better the other two games.

it's hard to think that the pelicans will have enough firepower to hang. this would be a colossal upset if the thunder lose this series or even if it goes to 6 or 7 games in my opinion.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#2700 » by Dadouv47 » Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:04 pm

Devilanche wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

Yeap that’s what I meant .

If he perform as he did or maybe just a tad more than the regular season , that’s already a leap from my point of view . Showing it in the playoff after last season playin where he probably perform a tad lower than regular season.

Could have chosen better words. I basically want the team to perform as well or better than the regular season . Or at least not a drastic drop ?

yeah I think if we play like average regular season performances, we will advance to the second round. If we want to beat the Mavs and have a shot against Nuggets/Celtics, gonna need to play at least as well as we did against Boston at home in December. That was the best game of the season in my opinion and when we peaked.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder