OKC Thunder 2023-24 Regular Season Discussion

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder
And1: 6,337

Re: OKC Thunder 2023-24 Regular Season Discussion 

Post#3061 » by Dadouv47 » Sun May 12, 2024 8:28 am

it's everyone's fault: Presti, Coach D and our players. We knew Presti mistake of not trading for a PF at the deadline before the POs started. I agree about Mark criticism even if his options are limited. I'm mostly disappointed about JDub tbh when it comes to players...he's my favorite Thunder player and he's supposed to be our second offensive weapon but he's clearly not doing a good job and sometimes makes some stupid turnovers too that never happen in the regular season. He's not using his physical abilities and/or his shooting skills from the RS. Kyrie is owning JDub big time and that's why we are losing this series.

Shai played like an MVP during 3 quarters and then made some terrible shots/bad decisions...probably a mix of fatigue and inexperience, no clue but overall he had two very strong games and we lost both games which sucks big time.

I don't like the odds of winning next game because our players showed two games in a row that they are struggling against adversity but I hope I'm wrong
RingoKid
Junior
And1: 62

Post#3062 » by RingoKid » Sun May 12, 2024 9:24 am

Thunder need to stop getting lulled into thinking Luka is injured and can't do stuff.

He may or may not be, but he can and is still doing stuff at an extremely high level.

Making steals, contesting shots, winning jump balls; he's very much balling out.
Zagor
Junior
And1: 120

Post#3063 » by Zagor » Sun May 12, 2024 9:56 am

Dadouv47 wrote:I'm mostly disappointed about JDub tbh when it comes to players...he's my favorite Thunder player and he's supposed to be our second offensive weapon but he's clearly not doing a good job and sometimes makes some stupid turnovers too that never happen in the regular season. He's not using his physical abilities and/or his shooting skills from the RS. Kyrie is owning JDub big time and that's why we are losing this series.

He should opt for jump shot more often. He is trying to beat defender off the dribble, but they are prepared.

Positive thing is that this will be great school for him, in summer he can work on some weaker aspects of his game.

Right now, the biggest problem is our struggling offense. They are battling us for every point, it seems that they are well prepared for Thunder offense.
Mark and his stuff need to figure out something.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,553

Post#3064 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun May 12, 2024 6:37 pm

RingoKid wrote:Oh please. Enough with the gotcha lying accusations and get help with your anger issues!

There's simply no need for Adams to get medical clearance at the moment so there's no rush.

https://theniche-cache.com/americansports/2023/12/7/the-long-confusing-timeline-of-steven-adams-knee-injury

"If all things go to plan and he’s back for game one of the 2024-25 season then he will have missed 118 consecutive regular season games plus at least six playoff games"

They are not accusations they are fact. Are you saying that Memphis would have said Adams will not be back until at least the start of '24-'25, which is a best case scenario, when they had playoff expectations this season? There is no universe in which Adams gets medical clearance to return to an NBA court prior to pre-season '24-'25 if he can even get it then. Your complete denial of reality is the issue here. You really think a doctor is going to ignore medical reality and clear a player to play a contact sport on hardwood and risk malpractice suits because the player wants to play or the team wants them on the court?

We can talk about how Adams would be a terrible fit in OKC's offense and a traditional center, which I want them to add and move Chet to PF, would require a reworking of the offense. Something that you don't do in the final weeks of a season or on the fly in the playoffs. Jaylin Williams is a better center for OKC, the way they play, than Steven Adams. Adams has done some things very well through his career, but none of them fit in with how OKC plays. This is also why they will not pursue Claxton this off-season as a lot of people speculate. He just doesn't fit how OKC plays despite his skill set being one that fills their weakness.
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
RingoKid
Junior

Post#3065 » by RingoKid » Sun May 12, 2024 10:21 pm

Re: the above^^^

Quoting an article from months before the last one i did means you're not up with the play.

What the article clearly shows is how inept Memphis Coach, Management and medical team have been.

That's even more reflected in the amount of injuries, hotch potch roster and lack of identity in the Grizz now.

Forget anything Memphis has said. They can't be trusted. Houston medical staff are all that matters.

There is little to suggest in the injury recovery that Adams wont be the imposing player he was before he went down, especially with having 2 years off.

Houston expects him to play a massive role off the bench backing up Sengun. There's no reason to believe he wouldn't for Chet either.

I expect Houston to be a force to be reckoned with next year. They wouldn't have traded for Adams if they didn't believe he could be The Funaki of old. Sure older but just as effective at what he does.

Adams in OKC ended Tim Duncans career and quarterbacked a defense that made conference finals only for KD to choke to the Dubs and bail.

Adams in Memphis established an identity and quarterbacked their defense to a Number 2 seed two years running.

Write him off at your peril but let's just see how things pan out next season because until he proves otherwise he's still the guy you would rather have on your team than the others especially come playoffs.
Kizz Fastfists
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,553

Post#3066 » by Kizz Fastfists » Sun May 12, 2024 10:31 pm

RingoKid wrote:Write him off at your peril but let's just see how things pan out next season because until he proves otherwise he's still the guy you would rather have on your team than the others especially come playoffs.

One of your first posts here you were upset about OKC not trading for him and admitted you had no clue he was injured. How is anyone supposed to take you seriously about your knowledge of him or his game if you don't even know the last time he played an NBA game or that he was missing the entire season? Then there is the clear lack of knowledge about how OKC's offense runs and that their big men are required to be competent 3pt shooters. Did Adams suddenly develop a 3pt shot while sitting around waiting for his knee to heal? Do you think OKC should completely revamp their playstyle to accommodate an old, broken player?
"The secret to success is to offend the greatest number of people." -George Bernard Shaw
RingoKid
Junior

Post#3067 » by RingoKid » Sun May 12, 2024 10:39 pm

More ludicrous accusations...lol

I've been following The Funaki's career since he got drafted and supported OKC through all of it. Even when he was a poor fit in NOLA and then found his groove in Memphis.

You think i don't know about his injuries from the day he went down or what his game is ?

And now you're telling me OKC got Biz as a backup big cos he can shoot 3's ?

Haha...GTFOH!!!
RingoKid
Junior

Post#3068 » by RingoKid » Sun May 12, 2024 10:51 pm

Aha...so that's the secret sauce to winning a chip then is it Kizz ?

J-Will off the bench draining 3's while getting beaten on the boards.

K. Good luck with that !
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#3069 » by Devilanche » Mon May 13, 2024 5:24 am

Nobody ended Duncan career , let’s be clear on that. It’s just Father time remaining undefeated.

If the guys play game 4 with as much fire as the debate we had this few pages , I think the guys can win this game .
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Bremzi
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#3070 » by Bremzi » Mon May 13, 2024 8:39 am

Can you please stop with the Adams debate Ringo. He had a posterior cruciate ligament reconstruction, before you speak maybe you look up how difficult of a procedure it is. Then add to the fact that Adams is a monster of a man and produces forces several times of those of normal people. His knee will never be the same and he is not cleared medically. Maybe if he can play well, there can be a discussion if he would at any point in time be valueable to OKC, but right now just wish him good fortunes and stop spamming.

Tonight in game 4, someone else apart from SGA will have to show up. I'm missing Chet's impact offensively - I think there was 1 alley oop in total in the last 2 games and all his 3pt shots were short. He might be dealing with something, but he is one only true big on the whole roster and if he can't impact the game better, OKC has no business winning the series.
RingoKid
Junior

Post#3071 » by RingoKid » Mon May 13, 2024 9:17 am

Might be better off hoping Kyrie doesnt show up instead.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#3072 » by Dadouv47 » Mon May 13, 2024 10:31 am

Most important game of the season. Great season whatever the outcome is even if I badly want a WCF trip.

Hope JDub can bounce back. Wonder if he's healthy though.

I know most are complaining about Chet's offensive impact but I think it's a terrible match up for him and he's gonna need to learn to shot faster in the offseason if he wants to reach his ceiling.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,331

Post#3073 » by ThunderBolt » Mon May 13, 2024 2:36 pm

Got tickets for game 5. It will be a lot more fun if we win tonight.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#3074 » by Devilanche » Mon May 13, 2024 3:31 pm

Getting down 3-1 means series is more or less over.

Back against the wall, I guess we see how the team respond to this.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
Thabo Sefolosha
Thunder Forum The Opening Tip
And1: 6,563

Post#3075 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Mon May 13, 2024 5:01 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Got tickets for game 5. It will be a lot more fun if we win tonight.

Come to the pre-game activities at Scissortail park across the arena! We have a lot of activities we do prior to the game
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#3076 » by Dadouv47 » Mon May 13, 2024 7:15 pm

Feels like we will either lose by 30 or win this game...no clue why. Guess it's because the pressure is on us.

I'm also concerned because we were not able to win a game despite Shai being elite last two games (yeah he was bad in the 4th quarter) and I hope JDub is healthy
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 766

Post#3077 » by cjmcallist » Mon May 13, 2024 7:24 pm

I'm not sure what to make of the two losses. I didn't get to watch Game 3 intently, but it looked like we were making the same mental mistakes we made in Game 2. Rebounding is the easy scapegoat, but I'm not sure that's why we've lost.

We haven't won the turnover battle. It also feels like we can't get out on the break. It feels like Dallas is doing something to contain us on the fast break, we tried to force it in games 2/3 and got sloppy.

I'll be watching for that tonight but if anyone has looked at our pace numbers I'd be curious to see what you found.
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 766

Post#3078 » by cjmcallist » Mon May 13, 2024 7:25 pm

Also, pretty sweet to be playing in Round 2 and pull in the #12 pick.
Dadouv47
Forum Mod - Thunder
Forum Mod - Thunder

Post#3079 » by Dadouv47 » Mon May 13, 2024 7:30 pm

I will be pissed if we lose but somehow I'm a bit less anxious about it since Denver showed last night that they are still a tier above the rest and will likely win the West anyway. That being said, a trip to the WCF for our young squad would be such a great reward and a lot more experience for next season.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,331

Post#3080 » by ThunderBolt » Mon May 13, 2024 10:49 pm

Thabo Sefolosha wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Got tickets for game 5. It will be a lot more fun if we win tonight.

Come to the pre-game activities at Scissortail park across the arena! We have a lot of activities we do prior to the game

Any good stuff if a have my 68 year old Dad with me?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder