And1: 2,414

Season Home Opener: Thunder vs. Bucks 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:26 am

Image vs. Image

Who: Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Milwaukee Bucks
When: Wednesday, Oct 29th
Where: Ford Center in Oklahoma City, OK
Time: 7:00 PM CST
Team Connections: Desmond Mason played for the Bucks in two stints. (2002-2005) and (2007-2008)

Ford Center!... I need you to stand on your feet and represent your new NBA team, the rumbling Thunder of Oklahoma City!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Tonight's home opener intros will be done by one of the turntables legends in hip-hop, FunkMaster Flex.

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

FM Flex:

It's Oct 29th and da Ford Center got themselves a battle on da court tonight. Apparently da team known as the Milwaukee Bambis or is it the Bucks? If I'm these guys, don't catch Sarah Palin's trigger in the woods. The woman is into huntin four legged animals if ya satelites caught da news. Don't believe, ask Bambi's mom.

Let's get to the biz. The Thunder look to new beginnings as they are playin in a new arena with new sets of fans who are lookin to get this thing get underway. It's time for the starting lineups brought to you by yours truly.

Thunder Starters

ImageImageImageImageImage

Bucks Starters

ImageImageImageImageImage

Keys of Thunder

1. Exploit the Bucks due to their bac2bac situation.
2. Slow down the Bucks offense and keep some pressure D in their main scorers faces.
3. Keep the offensive flow going Thunder.
4. Hit the boards w/ authority.

Good luck to the Thunder on their first season in O.K. and have the best fun you can have. Now it's time to bring dis place down.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:
wizkid27
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 166

Re: Season Home Opener: Thunder vs. Bucks 

Post#2 » by wizkid27 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:02 pm

Way to get things started SD :)

I'll be at the game cheering em on... anyone else?

Sounds like Westbrook's already got an injury but will play. Hopefully we'll still get to see a good bit of him because he was pretty impressive during the preseason.

Although the Bucks aren't an amazing team and they're coming off of another game last night, this really could be a tough matchup for us. The only place that we've really got much on them is when Westbrook comes onto the floor. Jefferson is a solid enough defender to contain Durant, IMO. Wilcox/Collison can probably score on Charlie V if he is guarding them.

On the other end, I think that a combo of Mason/Wilkins/Green should be able to hold Redd/Jefferson in check, although I think Durant could struggle a bit with either of them. Bogut is pretty solid at the 5... I think that Collison/Petro can hold him, but he'll still get shots for others like usual.
OzThunder
Rookie
And1: 393

Post#3 » by OzThunder » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:09 pm

first game...here it is.

I actually think we'll get up and win.

While i'm excited to see how OKC go I'm also interested in watching bogut. He must be hating it, Skiles comes in and says that they need to get bogut the ball to become a better team, and that Redd and Mo Williams need to look inside. But yesterday they had Redd and Jefferson putting up nearly 20 shots each anyway and bogut went 4 of 4 inside....I don't get it.
88' Draft Pick
Junior
And1: 50

Post#4 » by 88' Draft Pick » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:24 pm

Thunder can win this. Milwaukee has a terrible bench and I think that Westbrook, Mason, and Wilkins coming off the bench tonight will be a big advantage. Durant has got to get back in his groove for the season opener. He is the best player on the team and he needs to show it. Im lookin for my boys JG and Westbrook to have nice games. Lets get LOUD tonight! Ill be gettin crazy up in the 300s.
Free Soda Always
Buck You
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 541

Post#5 » by Buck You » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:53 pm

The Bucks ditched their purple colors before last year. C'mon man, get with the program.
mbucks22
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#6 » by mbucks22 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:34 pm

seattlefan35 wrote:first game...here it is.

I actually think we'll get up and win.

While i'm excited to see how OKC go I'm also interested in watching bogut. He must be hating it, Skiles comes in and says that they need to get bogut the ball to become a better team, and that Redd and Mo Williams need to look inside. But yesterday they had Redd and Jefferson putting up nearly 20 shots each anyway and bogut went 4 of 4 inside....I don't get it.

Bogut got in early foul trouble and was never able to get into any kind of groove.
wizkid27
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by wizkid27 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:29 am

Kind of a crappy game to watch. The intensity/noise in the arena was pretty solid. The team looked awful for the first 2.5 quarters. They turned it up a bit towards the end of the 3rd and then actually looked like an NBA team for a good amount of the 4th.

In the first half, the defensive rotations and intensity was awful. The ball movement and motion/spacing of the offense was even worse. Really on offense (from in a set), the only reason it started looking better towards the end was that guys got going and were making the fade-aways. The offensive boards and cutting also improved in the 4th.

Westbrook continues to impress me (despite not putting up insane numbers). Collison had a few inspiring hustle plays. Mason had a few moments where he shined. Outside of that, it's hard to come away with a whole lot of positives for me...
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#8 » by SD2042 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:40 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylt= ... 25&prov=ap

From the reports of the game, the team never got their offense in a good flow from the jump. And looks like the defense was missing from the building tonight with Redd, RJ and Charlie V combining for 60pts for the Bucks. It won't get any easier with the road game against the Rockets on Saturday.
big L
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#9 » by big L » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:13 pm

No defense... get used to it. So only seven posts for this historic event? Do we have to wait until the end of college football season to get some folks on this board?
from ny, never been a fan of the knicks...
Big_Mac79
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#10 » by Big_Mac79 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:18 pm

Anyone know if Weaver is still hurt?
wizkid27
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by wizkid27 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:15 pm

He played 2 minutes last night...
sonic-ben
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#12 » by sonic-ben » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:57 pm

SEATTLEITTES HAD MORE SUPPORT ON THE FAN BOARDS
Go cougs
88' Draft Pick
Junior
And1: 50

Post#13 » by 88' Draft Pick » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:34 pm

sonic-ben wrote:SEATTLEITTES HAD MORE SUPPORT ON THE FAN BOARDS

Yeah give people some time. Not everyone in the nation knows about this site.

Anyway, nobody started to play any real ball until the 4th quarter. The spacing on the floor, ball movement, and shooting was atrocious. Petro was terrible defensively and let the Bucks get an early lead by just throwing it to Bogut and getting abused down low. Durant was off until the 4th as well. That just cannot happen if they expect to win any games. He got going in the fourth though and he, Mason, and Westbrook led a little 8 or 10 point run that really got the crowd going.

I was really worried at the half. It seemed like all the energy was sucked out of the arena and the fans had given up. But Mason slammed it down hard to get everyone back in it.

Things to take away from this game:
    -Petro might need to come off the bench and have Wilcox start in his place. I say give him another chance verse the Rockets and if he dissapoints, TO THE BENCH

-Durant and Green are still a ways away from being consistent NBA players

-Westbrook is for real. This guy was bringing it all night. He showed alot of heart and competitivness. GREAT sign. After he hit the pull up three to get the game back within 11, he ran down the floor on defense and slapped the floor. It was pretty cool.

-People expect Oklahoma City to just pick up where they left off with the Hornets. Its not going to be like that. I was at the game and I heard people talking about how they didnt know anyone on the court except Mason. The city is going to have to get to know these players and form a connection before it gets as crazy as it was when the Hornets were here. That said, it was LOUD in the fourth. Give these fans something to cheer about, and they will explode.

Im looking forward to seeing how the players take the loss at the next game. If they come out ready to prove something, that would be a good sign. PJ needs to get them motivated.
Free Soda Always
wizkid27
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by wizkid27 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:05 pm

88 - really agree with you both in the analysis of the players and also the situation with OKC.
Clangus
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#15 » by Clangus » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:17 am

Its was slightly expected that this would happen thier first night! They are all so young, the occasion got the better of them.

What I took from the game.

-KD bounced back in the second half- that's a great sign- the ability to "shake it off" is something that alot of players never learn.

-Westbrook is right up there with ROSE and Mayo at the moment. He is for real and he is pasionate. They might end up being all rookie team/ROY but he is going to push tehm all the sway to it.

-Wilcox should be starting. Its a contract year, and if ever your goig to get someone to give a littel extra its now!

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder